Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two More DLC's Next Year?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
Gamesindustry.biz recently posted an article written by Analyst Todd Mitchell, of Kaufman Bros. Equity Research, in which Mitchell states that he expects two new downloadable episodes to be released next year followed by GTA:V in 2011.

I would expect that there would be two more pieces of downloadable content for GTA IV, that's what has been indicated to me, although formats are unsure. It's been indicated to me to me that would be the case," said Mitchell.

"Our outlook includes expected strong sell-through of Bioshock 2, and the release of two 'AAA' titles, each from Rockstar (Red Dead Redemption and Agent) and 2K Games (Mafia II and TBD), reiterations of 2K Sports and 2K Play's annual line-ups, an expected GTA title for the PS2, expected strong sell-through of GTA: Chinatown Wars for the PSP, and new GTA DLC for the Xbox 360 and PS3. We now look for the release of GTA V in fiscal 2011..."

Now bear in mind that these are just his beliefs, which in no way officially suggest that there will be any further expansions to the GTA4 series after "The Ballad Of Gay Tony". Once we hear anything official, we'll let you know.

Thanks to Qdeathstar for the news submission.
Qdeathstar
I hope they don't make anymore DLC's .. I'm ready to see vice city redux!

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jul 5 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1511357[/snapback]
I hope they don't make anymore DLC's .. I'm ready to see vice city redux!

I agree!
Seeen
Am I reading that right?

A new PS2 title? What would it even be, Chinatown Wars?

San Andreas Stories?! I can only wish.

But yeah, GTA IV: VICE CITY II
DuPz0r
I posted this yesterday in GTAIV DLC discussion. But i didn't think it was worthy enough to be news so i didn't make a fuss about it.
http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=792507

Still, it gives me hope that there will be DLC for PS3.
SirPsychoSexy
And there is an even older topic on this, we don't need no analysist, it was thought of already!

http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=791657
RomanBellic
stuff more dlc,i want San Andreas Stories already.
bOnEs
pfft, the day L&D comes to the PS3 is the day i actually care about GTAIV DLC episodes... till then, who cares... the best information in that whole article is the fact that GTAV could be coming out in the next couple of years... but, anyone with half a brain could of predicted that one...
DuPz0r
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 7 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1511622[/snapback]
pfft, the day L&D comes to the PS3 is the day i actually care about GTAIV DLC episodes... till then, who cares... the best information in that whole article is the fact that GTAV could be coming out in the next couple of years... but, anyone with half a brain could of predicted that one...

True that.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jul 6 2009, 02:43 AM) [snapback]1511398[/snapback]
A new PS2 title? What would it even be, Chinatown Wars?

Yeah, that was the first thing that I noticed when reading the info. It must be a Chinatown Wars port from the PSP version.

P.S. I wouldn't mind some downloadable GTAIV content for the PS3 as well....
megacoolegast
Not having DLC for the PS3 was a mistake right from the start. I don't want to sound like a fanboi but anyway, they are still exploring the possibilities they can have with the PS3, and the XBox is already at full capacity. What I want to say is that they need to invest in something that has a future(the PS3 in this case) of evolving even more instead of some crap(being the Xbox) that is already working on its limit...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.