Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Max Payne 3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DuPz0r
I haven't seen anything about this really, but i was randomly on the rockstar games website and noticed it was being released in winter 2009. I loved the first Max Payne alot when it was first released, but i wasn't as impressed with number 2. This one looks really differnt though, and i'm not sure if i should be impressed with it, or have they changed it too much?!

Will R* do with this, what they seem to be doing to every game recently, and making them GTA sandbox clones...?

So, what is you veiw on this game from what you see here?
bOnEs
i like how he looks... he looks like one of those redneck beer drinkers... he even has a bit of a beer gut laugh.gif... he looks a bit psychotic too... but, i get this feeling that the combat will resemble GTAIV's combat blueprint (without the lock-on i'm sure)... and max payne was always linear (i think) so, i expect this one to stick a bit to a path... maybe giving you the freedom to maneuver in a set-piece but, still moving you through the story in a linear fashion... but, lots of enemies, lots of painkillers, and the original "first" bullet-time ability...

like you, i played and beat the 1st one... but, i never finished the second one... and i no longer remember much about max payne anymore... just that his family was brutally murdered and his sense of revenge... i'm completely in the dark about max payne these days... don't remember much and i'd hope that the new game doesn't force you to of played the first two to know what's going on since that was like 10 years ago it seems...
DiO
Max really let himself go...
TheAnalogKid2112
Max looks like a bald D-O
bOnEs
he kinda reminds me of an ex-wrestler named bill goldberg laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
That's pretty much a spot-on observation, bOnEs.
DiO
http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/upl...yne-494x590.jpg

Pfft. Anyone bald with a scruff "looks liEk Goldberg."
bOnEs
he does look similar though... even the face...

but man, he looks like shit on that game informer magazine laugh.gif... i can tell he's gonna be one of those, "i got nothing to live for" badasses who don't give a fuck...
TwoFacedTanner
Ive looked at this topic like 3 or 4 times. Every time, all I can think is...Sam Fisher.
Kamahl
it looks pretty good, but it looks very different... it seems more like a new IP than a sequel.
selpy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jul 3 2009, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1510997[/snapback]
he does look similar though... even the face...

but man, he looks like shit on that game informer magazine :lol:... i can tell he's gonna be one of those, "i got nothing to live for" badasses who don't give a fuck...

QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jul 3 2009, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1511032[/snapback]
it looks pretty good, but it looks very different... it seems more like a new IP than a sequel.

The GI article says "Max hits rock bottom in Sao Paulo (Brazil), a city he moved to in order to escape from the demons of his life in New York. Through some somewhat disreputable connections, he's taken work in the "private security" sector for one of Sao Paulo wealthiest families. While on the job he is drawn into the dark underworld of SP and become involved in a series of events that could cost him the last thing he has left: his life."

Remedy did the first two games for PC, which were awesome. Rockstar was involved since the beginning but only did the PS2 ports. I loved MP, but unlike some of you, I really enjoyed MP2 as well. This shit is, undeniably, is going to be different. I mean, Rockstar is fully taking over here. They have the rights and the story and are making the third (and final?) act in the MP series, but even they admit that apart from the name, you probably wouldn't know it was Max Payne anymore because they have changed his character model so much. But then again, it HAS been, what, close to a decade since the first game was released? So living through all he lived through in the first two games and adding about 12 years of canonical time, you're gonna see a different man.

I have hopes for this title. Maybe not high hopes, but hopes nonetheless. Either way, it can't be any worse than the movie.
DuPz0r
So it is still Max you play as... They should have made him look like him at least.. Even if he did put loads of weight on and hit rock bottom, i doubt he'd turn into that grizzly red neck/Russian lookin mother, we see up there.
selpy
Word. Maybe they would have had to pay the original character model/actor (it seemed they modeled him after someone IMO)?
Darth Sexy
I enjoyed MP and MP2. Storyline in MP2 was suspect, but the game play was a lot better. This doesn't look promising. I mean, he doesn't even look like Max Payne any more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.