Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Faction: Guerrilla
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DuPz0r
I just got red faction 2 today after playing and enjoying the demo a couple of weeks ago. I think it is pretty fun so far. I love smashing the crap out of everything with the sledgehammer. Has anyone else here got it? i havent seen a thread about this yet. I just wondered if anyone actually cared if it was out or not?
Ex-PS Fanboy
The fact that there was a giant robot in the commercial made it slightly appealing. But everything else went right past me.
bOnEs
reminds me too much of mercenaries 2... and i didn't find mercs2 very fun at all after a couple of hours... i mean i might check it out in the future, like say 6 months from now but, it doesn't interest me right now... and probably in 6 months, there will be other games to keep me interested...

sorry dup, i passed on this one... can only buy so many games, you know? biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1507604[/snapback]
reminds me too much of mercenaries 2... and i didn't find mercs2 very fun at all after a couple of hours... i mean i might check it out in the future, like say 6 months from now but, it doesn't interest me right now... and probably in 6 months, there will be other games to keep me interested...

sorry dup, i passed on this one... can only buy so many games, you know? biggrin.gif...

Dup told me to tell you that he's not speaking to you and you're not invited to his birthday party.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ASSMAN @ Jun 12 2009, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1507606[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1507604[/snapback]

Dup told me to tell you that he's not speaking to you and you're not invited to his birthday party.

funny, he told me the same thing about you...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1507604[/snapback]

How is this like Mercenaries? And how is Mercenaries not fun? It's GTA with 10x the destruction.
DuPz0r
Well for those who dont know much about it and might buy it. It is set on Mars. It is a sandbox open world with missions and side quests like most games these days. It kind of reminds me of GTA for some reason, but on mars.

You play this guy who basicly has to help the faction take over the map territories controled by this organization.
There is loads of land to cover, and everything except the mars terrain is breakable. So you cancome up with all sorts of ways for killing people and destroying buildings.

I like it so far. It is a relaxing melee sandbox game.

I still haven't played online yet, but i will soon.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(DuPz0rô @ Jun 12 2009, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1507611[/snapback]
Well for those who dont know much about it and might buy it. It is set on Mars. It is a sandbox open world with missions and side quests like most games these days. It kind of reminds me of GTA for some reason, but on mars.

You play this guy who basicly has to help the faction take over the map territories controled by this organization.
There is loads of land to cover, and everything except the mars terrain is breakable. So you cancome up with all sorts of ways for killing people and destroying buildings.

I like it so far. It is a relaxing melee sandbox game.

I still haven't played online yet, but i will soon.

Giant Robots?
bOnEs
QUOTE(marney6 @ Jun 12 2009, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1507609[/snapback]

How is this like Mercenaries? And how is Mercenaries not fun? It's GTA with 10x the destruction.

it got EXTREMELY repetitive for me... and how is it NOT like mercenaries? the entire map is destructible...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1507616[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney6 @ Jun 12 2009, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1507609[/snapback]

it got EXTREMELY repetitive for me... and how is it NOT like mercenaries? the entire map is destructible...

I still don't see why that isn't fun. Blowing the shit out of the Venezualen army with an endless supply of tanks, armored cars, choppers and airstrikes. Also, the entire map being destructible doesn't really mean it's like Mercenaries.
DiO
I played the mercenaries demo. I wasn't impressed.

This game looks pretty good though.
bOnEs
yea, this one looks better than mercenaries 2, that's for sure... and it looks kinda fun... like i said, i might check it out sometime down the road, when i am browsing thru gamestop's used games in the future...
DiO
Yah. Too many games me wantee. GoWIII, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, GT5, Brutal Legend, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Modern Warfare 2. Then again most of these probably wont be out untill next year. No matter. I don't have money to spend.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 12 2009, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1507660[/snapback]
Yah. Too many games me wantee. GoWIII, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, GT5, Brutal Legend, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Modern Warfare 2. Then again most of these probably wont be out untill next year. No matter. I don't have money to spend.

???... yea, me too laugh.gif... my next buy is operation anchorage for ten bucks...
DuPz0r
Yeah this can be a little repeatative, but so can inFamous, it depends on what you do. They are both awesome games though.

Here is a video review that seems fair:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-h...d-faction/49917
Ex-PS Fanboy
Is this game made by Violation?

My buddy downloaded the Ultor DLC for SR2 w/Tera Patrick. I was playing this mission and she said "Shit they deployed the scout prototype." then the main character was like "WTF is that?" And she said "It's for scouting mining areas," and then he said, "Why the fuck does a mining vehicle need a turret?" then she said, "Trust me, If I told you you wouldn't believe me."

Then I checked out the DLC vehicles and one of them was called the scout. I loaded it and it had the Red Faction Emblem (The hand holding up the hammer), then when I entered it it said "Red Faction Guerrilla Scout"
Massacre
It's "Volition," actually. And that SR2 DLC sucked. Bad.

I don't think I'll buy RFG, though. The demo was kind of meh.
TheAnalogKid2112
This game's demo was really cool, but I couldn't get even a little into it cause I died 50 fucking times. Therefore, no thank you.
TheAnalogKid2112
Heh, just bought this today. I <3 demolision
Ex-PS Fanboy
EXPLAIN THE GIANT YELLOW ROBOT!
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol!
kKDKDKDKDk
bOnEs
QUOTE(ASSMAN @ Jun 14 2009, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1507802[/snapback]
This game's demo was really cool, but I couldn't get even a little into it cause I died 50 fucking times. Therefore, no thank you.

Heh, just bought this today. I <3 demolision

lol, so you said, thank you please instead of no thank you, huh?? laugh.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
Lolol. Ya...

I played MP for the first time today. While I've only played Unreal Tournament III once at a friends house, this game's online is pretty much the same feel as that. It's UT3 plus the unbeatable destruction of RF:G. I had a blast. There's all kinds of weapons and gear to use. I smashed through a tower to have it fall on an enemy and flatten him. It kicked ass!

I've only done two simple missions in the campaign so far.
DuPz0r
If your revolutionary Martian escapades are drawing to a close, don't fret -- it looks like there's plenty more Red Faction: Guerrilla content coming out in the next few months. THQ just announced three new DLC packs for the game -- the first of which, titled Demons of the Badlands, will land on XBLM and the PlayStation Store on August 13.

Badlands is an expansion to the game's single-player campaign which features a "mission arc that takes place in an entirely new Mars landscape outside of the existing expansive world." THQ has priced the DLC at 800 or $9.99. The developer has promised further details on the August-bound DLC and the two other upcoming expansions in the next few weeks, so keep your ear to the red, dusty ground.
TheAnalogKid2112
Awesome. Although I've only completed like 3 missions, I can see myself getting this if the campaign doesn't get too repetitive.
TheAnalogKid2112
Alright, guys. This game is fucking spectacular in every way, shape, and form. Usually I find something to gripe about in a game, but this is flawless. The graphics are MAGNIFICENT and the gameplay is great. No, the mindless destruction never gets old, because there are so many possible ways to do it! I've liberated two sectors so far, so I'm a good ways into the game. I recommend this game to everyone.
TheAnalogKid2112
Oh my god. I love this game SO MUCH! I just unlocked Eos sector. Now I know I'm 100% going to buy this game's DLC the day it comes out. Hopefully they supply us with some great new, big buildings to destroy.
DuPz0r
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the dlc too. I've not completed the game yet, but i will.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT I WANT IT I WANT IT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT
TheAnalogKid2112
Holy shit. The missions on Eos are fucking hard.
Kamahl
i got this game and wow... i cant believe it took me so long to get it... the game is great, i definately recommend it :)
DuPz0r
I think i might have to get back in to this. I got Infamous at the same time, and continued to play that, and neglected this for a while!
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Jul 30 2009, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1515833[/snapback]
I think i might have to get back in to this. I got Infamous at the same time, and continued to play that, and neglected this for a while!

Exactly my scenario. Though on top of that, I also got Harry Potter, Quantum of Solace, countless new PSN games, and I foolishly started my evil playthrough of Fallout. It's a new game overload. Shit.

Although this was my top played of those until I reached a freaking impossible part that made me stop playing. Same with Infamous. I can't get past "Anything For Trish" so I haven't picked it up.
DuPz0r
Yeah i also started playing fallout 3 again! XD.png And i always play LBP, so i never have time for it. I've almost finished with Fallout 3 for now, so i WILL start playing this again soon. I haven't even tried this game online yet, i heard you can unlock cool melee weapons.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(DuPz0r @ Jul 30 2009, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1515892[/snapback]
Yeah i also started playing fallout 3 again! XD.png And i always play LBP, so i never have time for it. I've almost finished with Fallout 3 for now, so i WILL start playing this again soon. I haven't even tried this game online yet, i heard you can unlock cool melee weapons.

Yeah, LBP as well. The whole reason I'm on Playstation Network is to socialize when I'm not with my friends, and LBP is the perfect game for that.
And on the subject of melee weapons, wouldn't it be cool if they added something similar to Fallout's power fist in Red Faction??? Just like, punch the wall and it blows right through biggrin.gif
DuPz0r
I read somewhere that you can unlock a golden axe. How cool is that! I'd expect online will be hard with this game though.
TheAnalogKid2112
Online is kinda difficult. Maybe now that I know you can aim (I didn't up until last week) it will be easier. The online doesn't really go anywhere.. It's just.. there.
DuPz0r
So it is a sort of last minute adaption. Meh, i bet it is a good free-for-all melee fight though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.