Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Niko Render
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
I've just received a fantastic render of Niko Bellic from a guy called Cristian Necula.

"In the near future computer games will look like this right ? In this image I've tried to create a realistic mentalray render from my favorite game. The scene is created in 3dmax and the character in ZBrush. For the smoke effect I've used Particle Illusion and composed it in Photoshop."

If you've created any artwork for GTA4 that you'd like us to display on the website, please feel free to send it across.
The Awesome One
Well, thats looks really nice! I would not expect it in the PS4, or xbox 720, but maybe a PS5 or xbox 930.

But those graphics definitely could be the future of gaming!
Indy
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see graphics like this in the next generation.
TwoFacedTanner
Oh my god. There is so much detail in that picture.
ViceMan
Those graphics may be possible on current-gen equipment, remember the difference between the PS2 games that were released in the early days compared to those that were released later.

I only have one problem with this pic, Niko's hair looks a bit too short. Apart from that it's perfect.

(Yes i'm a fussy bastard.)
Zen
That's amazing.
SirPsychoSexy
Real nice, could look like this on the next gen consoles.

QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 29 2009, 11:21 PM) [snapback]1505339[/snapback]
Well, thats looks really nice! I would not expect it in the PS4, or xbox 720, but maybe a PS5 or xbox 930.

Xbox 930? Where did that come from?
Jordon
That's awesome rendering, wouldn't be surprised if that's the future of gaming by 20(12)..?
FuddMan
Incredible. Would be even better without the caption.
Roman
Looks fucking sexy, although I never saw that much steam before in real life.
DiO
QUOTE(Jordon @ May 30 2009, 12:10 AM) [snapback]1505384[/snapback]
That's awesome rendering, wouldn't be surprised if that's the future of gaming by 20(12)..?

Nope, thats when the world ends.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ May 30 2009, 12:44 AM) [snapback]1505367[/snapback]

Guessing.
Indy
They should call the next xbox, Xbox 4π(pi) for all those nerds like me smile.gif
Anyway, the detail on that cola can is awesome.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
Mental Ray for the win. Some of the background details are a bit funky, but it's near professional quality. Miles better than anything I could do.
Also I wouldn't get your collective hopes up for graphics like this any time soon; ray tracing is extremely intensive stuff. It can take days to render a single frame on a huge server farm, let alone realtime at 30fps on a home gaming console.
[boring]One solution is global illumination, which sort of mimics the effects of ray tracing (light bounces, colour/light bleeding etc) but the only example of this tech in current games in Mirror's Edge. They basically built the look of that game around its lighting tech.[/boring]
DiO
Lazz, you are REALLY fucking sexy.
alooper21
nice render, professional and all, proves skills, but the guy doesn't look like niko. i'd rather say is packie after 10 years or so :P
and a huge let-down for me is that the guy in the background, near the cab, has he's head hidden. wich is quite... unprofessional :)
DuPz0r
I'll be doing things like this in the future IF i get the job i'm hoping for. I start my Games Development Degree at University this september. Lets hope GTA will look as nice as this in the near future.
bOnEs
yea, that looks like a real life liberty city right there... amazing...
Benzilla
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 29 2009, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1505339[/snapback]

You mean Xbox 900, douche.

Lovely art work.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 30 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1505464[/snapback]
QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ May 30 2009, 12:44 AM) [snapback]1505367[/snapback]

Guessing.

Do you even get why it's called the 360?
kaftka
QUOTE(Benzilla @ Jun 3 2009, 02:41 AM) [snapback]1506098[/snapback]
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 29 2009, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1505339[/snapback]

You mean Xbox 900, douche.

Lovely art work.

900?

Uhhh... 1080?
binclintonusa
If you've created any artwork for GTA4 that you'd like us to display on the website, please feel free to send it across. notworthy.gif

pret auto
Ex-PS Fanboy
I would sex that picture up If it wasn't on the Internet.

*Readies Printer*
Mekstizzle
Yeah that's pretty damn amazing, you guys should check out pics of ArmA 2 on a high end system running full whack, probably the best looking game out right now. Beats Crysis.

I think there's still some way before games look like that, maybe 3/4 years. As for consoles, even longer. As it is Xbox and Sony are talking about how their consoles are meant to last 10 years. Then again even the PS2 didn't last ten years, more like 5/6 years.
Massacre
I don't know, I've got a feeling the PS3 and 360 are capable of a lot more than we've seen so far. We could have graphics like this on next-gen consoles, with luck, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.