Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, WTF.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Awesome One
I have heard nothing about this, and it has a really weird name. What is it about? I dont think playing as a gay guy called Tony is gonna want to make me buy it, (male hookers) and I cant see killing, (even if it is GTA) and I kinda want it to be banned.
TwoFacedTanner
did you READ anything about it?

As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.
The Awesome One
No, I just skimmed through and saw this and I assumed that was what its about. I have now read the article and it looks like there will be killing and no male hookers!
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 26 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1504623[/snapback]
No, I just skimmed through and saw this and I assumed that was what its about.

Inexcusable then.
If its there, on the front page. You should've read it all before making this thread.
Marney1
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 26 2009, 10:13 PM) [snapback]1504621[/snapback]
I have heard nothing about this, and it has a really weird name. What is it about? I dont think playing as a gay guy called Tony is gonna want to make me buy it, (male hookers) and I cant see killing, (even if it is GTA) and I kinda want it to be banned.

See what I mean about you? ^

Anyway the nightlife should be interesting with what we know up to now. Liberty City must have some upmarket nightclubs hiding somewhere.
PabloHoneyOle

Idiot.

Congrats to all who guessed Luis was going to be the next DLC character.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 26 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1504632[/snapback]

Idiot.

Congrats to all who guessed Luis was going to be the next DLC character.

yea, i was about to say that this lopez guy was the one a lot of people here guessed would be the next protagonist... so, what was the deal with that leaked info regarding "blood and the four leaf clover"?! laugh.gif...

also, who the hell was gay tony? i don't remember him at all... all i was thinking of when i heard the name of the game was florian, and can't think of any character involved with him except for the mayor...
GLC
At first I thought it was the guy Brucie gets you to kill early on in the game, then I remembered his name was French Tom.

Edit: After a little googling I think I remember who he is.....

Anthony Prince, known as Gay Tony, is a nightclub entrepreneur in GTA IV. He is connected with the Ancelotti Family due to his close friendship with Gracie Ancelotti. He owns several nightclubs, including the Maisonette 9 and the Hercules. Some of his clubs were shut down because of violations to city ordinances.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Prince
Batman Bill
Hahaha! I was right! Luis is the guy in my sig biggrin.gif! Thank god for that, my sig would have looked even more stupid if it wasn't him.
Can't wait for this! Very exciting! Also the addition of it being on a disc is great news as not everyone has a connection to LIVE.
Massacre
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 26 2009, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1504621[/snapback]

You wanted it to be banned for what? The title? A possible gay protagonist? Fuck you.
DiO
Man, people sure know there gta. Guessing the character dead on before its even announced.
The Awesome One
Well, firstly, when I came on, another topic was on the first page, so I thought this has just been annonced but only the name.
I only assumed- and I didnt want it to come out as it would of threatened the legacy of grand theft auto. If my idea was correct, it would of got banned anyway.
Batman Bill
QUOTE(Gay Tony @ May 27 2009, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1504697[/snapback]
Man, people sure know there gta. Guessing the character dead on before its even announced.

Actually I just read an interesting thread on a rival GTA website that more or less confirmed it a while back. The 'Impossible Trinity' achievment was a bit of a give away, as it involved Niko in the first story, Johnny in the second and Luis was involved. So it was kind of obvious. Plus Luis is in a couple other missions.

I don't think anyone would have guessed the name of it though lol!
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Batman Bill @ May 27 2009, 06:09 AM) [snapback]1504742[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gay Tony @ May 27 2009, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1504697[/snapback]

Actually I just read an interesting thread on a rival GTA website that more or less confirmed it a while back. The 'Impossible Trinity' achievment was a bit of a give away, as it involved Niko in the first story, Johnny in the second and Luis was involved. So it was kind of obvious. Plus Luis is in a couple other missions.

I don't think anyone would have guessed the name of it though lol!

They couldn't have confirmed it.
They were just taking an educated guess.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Batman Bill @ May 27 2009, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1504742[/snapback]
Actually I just read an interesting thread on a rival GTA website that more or less confirmed it a while back.

We have a RIVAL? What is the name of this magical website that confirms the unconfirmable?

QUOTE(Gay Tony @ May 27 2009, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1504697[/snapback]

Or reading it from this RIVAL site.

I beat 'Lost and the Damned' last night and watching the credits, it's easy to see that Luis is the next character.
The Awesome One
Maybe its GTAgaming.com or thegtaplace.com. I used them before I found these place and I still download mods off of them both.
Massacre
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 27 2009, 03:51 AM) [snapback]1504716[/snapback]
Well, firstly, when I came on, another topic was on the first page, so I thought this has just been annonced but only the name.
I only assumed- and I didnt want it to come out as it would of threatened the legacy of grand theft auto. If my idea was correct, it would of got banned anyway.

It wouldn't have threatened its (< look, no apostrophe) legacy, and it wouldn't have been banned just for having a gay protagonist. In fact, as long as it didn't make too many gay jokes (like L&D), it might've been the first GTA to get some positive news coverage. But, Luis is the protagonist, not Tony, so the homophobes and closet cases are safe for now. Consider the matter forgotten.
The Awesome One
I cant wait for it now I know about it- finally I can do something on GTA other than MP or making videos.
Marney1
I was hunting for more info on this last night and came across (not literally) a game/forum site for gays and boy were they happy with the new title. 070302buttsecks2.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1504846[/snapback]
I was hunting for more info on this last night and came across (not literally) a game/forum site for gays and boy were they happy with the new title. 070302buttsecks2.gif

Link plz. tongue.gif

(Might be good for lols.)

"Oh my GOD that Niko is fiiit!"
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 27 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1504859[/snapback]

Link plz. tongue.gif

http://gaygamer.net/ unsure.gif

LOL they even have clans.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Meh...
Massacre
GayGamer? Why didn't they just call it Gaymer? Gay people: They can decorate your living room, they can pound butt, but they can't name a website.
PabloHoneyOle
Comments relating to the new DLC:
SilentSpartan said:

What can I say?Rockstar amazes me over and over!GTA4 is always coming back to my ps3... And probably Tony is really gay.For those who like to know stuff about mobsters: Vito Arena, was a homosexual mob associate in the Gambino crime family. So itīs not impossible that Rockstar was a bit influenced by that. And they got enough balls to use that in a videogame.
May 26, 2009 7:02 PM
Anyone said:

Reads more like another bait for some outrage by the media.
Rockstar seems to be back to more controversial themes!
(See Bully (Gay Kiss), Coffee-Mod (GTA SA) (Hidden Sex), Manhunter 1+2 (Murder) etc.)

Rockstar could/should really pull it off, to create a story about a gay character, but I doubt that.

They could make "Luis Lopez" or "Gay Tony" a gay character like "Omar Little" (The Wire).

In the worst case scenario "Gay Tony" will end up like the gay gangster in "The Sopranos".
May 26, 2009 7:07 PM
Mad Mage said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't all GTA characters of any given race, a blatant stereotype of said race?

It'd be nice to see Gay Tony at least somewhat realistically portrayed, but what are the chances?
May 26, 2009 9:10 PM
g_whiz said:

I'm rather pleased about this. Despite the fact that Niko's old army buddy in GTA 4 turned out to pander to quite a few stereotypes, but despite this, Niko's relationship with him if followed through turned out to be rather meaningful.

On Virtual NYC, I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".
May 26, 2009 9:24 PM
B.C. said:

I just hope that this time around they allow us to use whatever add-ons (like weapons) in the Niko game.

I mean, it's seriously retarded that they only added the improved motorcycle physics (and guns) to just that part of the game. probably why I didn't buy it. I'll buy this if Gay Tony is actually gay and doesnt turn out to be some screaming queen like Niko's army buddy.
May 26, 2009 10:13 PM
Schuhart said:

Wasn't Gay Tony in Lost and Damned? He was the obvious stereotype buying the diamonds, if anyone remembers.
May 27, 2009 5:17 AM
Lydecker said:

Gay Tony was briefly mentioned/chased in GTAIV if I recall, and was definitely in a The Lost and Damned cutscene, where you proceeded to kill his alleged boytoy (which also showed up in the online newspaper).

And the both of them were definitely a little flamboyant in that, and I'm guessing we'd be playing the straight guy who had enough of them idolizing the diamonds before The Lost showed up for the heist.
May 27, 2009 5:50 AM
Alco said:

Well, I don't know how this is gonna play out but I'm glad they'll put both DLC on a DVD.

Ohter than that I'm not pissed off by the stereotypical gay in GTA4. If you stop and think for a second EVERY character fits a stereotype in that game. You can't take it too seriously, I know I'm not.
May 27, 2009 10:10 AM
SilentSpartan said:

Whatīs the problem if the gay character is flamboyant? St8 people usually donīt like effeminate gay guys(they kind of tolerate the "gay macho"), so if you have a game that shows that the "pansies" are cool guys too (and not just the butch type) in my opinion itīs a win. When I first saw Nikoīs army buddy, I was a bit worried, but thereīs a mission where you have to kill gay bashers in a park... and what a nice way to put st8 homophobics doing that in a game!
May 27, 2009 11:03 AM

bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1504875[/snapback]
Comments relating to the new DLC:
SilentSpartan said:

What can I say?Rockstar amazes me over and over!GTA4 is always coming back to my ps3... And probably Tony is really gay.For those who like to know stuff about mobsters: Vito Arena, was a homosexual mob associate in the Gambino crime family. So itīs not impossible that Rockstar was a bit influenced by that. And they got enough balls to use that in a videogame.
May 26, 2009 7:02 PM
Anyone said:

Reads more like another bait for some outrage by the media.
Rockstar seems to be back to more controversial themes!
(See Bully (Gay Kiss), Coffee-Mod (GTA SA) (Hidden Sex), Manhunter 1+2 (Murder) etc.)

Rockstar could/should really pull it off, to create a story about a gay character, but I doubt that.

They could make "Luis Lopez" or "Gay Tony" a gay character like "Omar Little" (The Wire).

In the worst case scenario "Gay Tony" will end up like the gay gangster in "The Sopranos".
May 26, 2009 7:07 PM
Mad Mage said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't all GTA characters of any given race, a blatant stereotype of said race?

It'd be nice to see Gay Tony at least somewhat realistically portrayed, but what are the chances?
May 26, 2009 9:10 PM
g_whiz said:

I'm rather pleased about this. Despite the fact that Niko's old army buddy in GTA 4 turned out to pander to quite a few stereotypes, but despite this, Niko's relationship with him if followed through turned out to be rather meaningful.

On Virtual NYC, I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".
May 26, 2009 9:24 PM
B.C. said:

I just hope that this time around they allow us to use whatever add-ons (like weapons) in the Niko game.

I mean, it's seriously retarded that they only added the improved motorcycle physics (and guns) to just that part of the game. probably why I didn't buy it. I'll buy this if Gay Tony is actually gay and doesnt turn out to be some screaming queen like Niko's army buddy.
May 26, 2009 10:13 PM
Schuhart said:

Wasn't Gay Tony in Lost and Damned? He was the obvious stereotype buying the diamonds, if anyone remembers.
May 27, 2009 5:17 AM
Lydecker said:

Gay Tony was briefly mentioned/chased in GTAIV if I recall, and was definitely in a The Lost and Damned cutscene, where you proceeded to kill his alleged boytoy (which also showed up in the online newspaper).

And the both of them were definitely a little flamboyant in that, and I'm guessing we'd be playing the straight guy who had enough of them idolizing the diamonds before The Lost showed up for the heist.
May 27, 2009 5:50 AM
Alco said:

Well, I don't know how this is gonna play out but I'm glad they'll put both DLC on a DVD.

Ohter than that I'm not pissed off by the stereotypical gay in GTA4. If you stop and think for a second EVERY character fits a stereotype in that game. You can't take it too seriously, I know I'm not.
May 27, 2009 10:10 AM
SilentSpartan said:

Whatīs the problem if the gay character is flamboyant? St8 people usually donīt like effeminate gay guys(they kind of tolerate the "gay macho"), so if you have a game that shows that the "pansies" are cool guys too (and not just the butch type) in my opinion itīs a win. When I first saw Nikoīs army buddy, I was a bit worried, but thereīs a mission where you have to kill gay bashers in a park... and what a nice way to put st8 homophobics doing that in a game!
May 27, 2009 11:03 AM

i'm surprised i didn't see any "OMG!!" comments... i guess they aren't the stereotypes that R* envisioned... i'm getting this feeling that this game will outrage the gay community because of R*'s consistant attempt to make fun of everything, inlcuding them...
FuddMan
Rockstar isn't trying to make fun of anyone with this. If anything, they're just demonstrating their maturity, and confidence in their image as a mature company. The humour in the games can be very dark, but it's not like they focus on one group. They use all stereotypes in their material.
bOnEs
stereotypes... which to me, is almost like making fun of them... and yes, R* does make fun of everyone, that's why i can see the gay community getting a little upset when they see the stereotypical stuff in BOGT... it's not that it's deserved, it's just that they make fun of everyone, including gays... they're like the south park of video games biggrin.gif... and look at how many people are upset over some of the south park episodes...

i'm just saying i can see the gay community getting a little pee'd off... lol, that sounded gay...
Massacre
Sadly, I'm sure the media and gay non-gamers will have a fit over it, and completely ignore the fact that a community of gay gamers have no problem with it whatsoever. Many of them are even thrilled, but that doesn't mean anything to the people who don't understand the game like the gamers do.
bOnEs
sad, but true...
Qdeathstar
gay gamers?
Marney1
Just when I thought this forum couldn't get any more gay, they release the new title. Now everyone has got an excuse to mention the word gay.
Batman Bill
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1504767[/snapback]
QUOTE(Batman Bill @ May 27 2009, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1504742[/snapback]
Actually I just read an interesting thread on a rival GTA website that more or less confirmed it a while back.

We have a RIVAL? What is the name of this magical website that confirms the unconfirmable?

QUOTE(Gay Tony @ May 27 2009, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1504697[/snapback]

Or reading it from this RIVAL site.

I beat 'Lost and the Damned' last night and watching the credits, it's easy to see that Luis is the next character.

LoL, it was GTAForums.com .. I prefer this one though, gtaforums is so strict and if you ask a reasonable question you get everyone moaning and calling you a n00b.

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1504864[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 27 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1504859[/snapback]

Link plz. tongue.gif

http://gaygamer.net/ unsure.gif

LOL they even have clans.

As much as I wanna see what they say, I can't let that into my browsing history lol!
Marney1
I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. biggrin.gif
Massacre
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1504930[/snapback]
I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. biggrin.gif

That would be amazing. Mmm, ladyboys...

QUOTE(mark456 @ May 27 2009, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1504943[/snapback]
Every dark night is followed by a bright sunny day. So, patience and attention is required and things will be fruitful in near future. I was a little weirded out that the city I'd gotten so used to wandering around in reality didn't have a very realistic depcition of Chelsea and the Village. Maybe the new characters "Gay Tony" and "Luis Lopez" give us a slice of the hard knock life from that bit of neighborhood? One thing's for sure, its New York City. If we're going to tell a realistic story about the craziness and diversity of the people there, there are PLENTY of gay men and women there. Its awesome that there's going to be regonition of that instead of having us disapeared with all the other minorities in "Friends".

mark456

Find Lawyer

How much do you make doing this? I need a job, and this is just easy enough and annoying enough to others to keep me happy.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 27 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1504948[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 27 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1504930[/snapback]
I wonder if when you pick up a prostitute and are about to do business some of them will reveal that they are in fact a ladyboy? That would be a great excuse to beat them to death with a bat and not feel guilty afterwards. :D

That would be amazing. Mmm, ladyboys...

Chicks with dicks. Best of both worlds.
MrMgoo
Luis Fernando Lopez, is the guy from that museum mission (which ive forgotten the name of, the one with johnny).
He is the one shooting from the top balcony you see him in a small cutscene.
I have a feeling that Luis isn't going to be as good as Niko, because, even johnny wasn't that "cool".
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(MrMgoo @ Aug 18 2009, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1518496[/snapback]
I have a feeling that Luis isn't going to be as good as Niko, because, even johnny wasn't that "cool".

Johnny was the shit man.
I guess I liked him so much because of his slight southern accent.
FuddMan
Johnny and Niko were both awesome characters. I don't think Luis will be the same.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 18 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1518520[/snapback]
Johnny and Niko were both awesome characters. I don't think Luis will be the same.

I agree. I hope my distaste for Hispanics won't interfere with my enjoyment of this DLC.

From what I have seen of Luis, he kind of seems like a punk. Niko was a complex character driven by an epic storyline; Johnny was a bad ass biker who fit into the mix and also had a great storyline.

I'm sure TBoGT will be great; I just hope I can get behind the character like I have with Johnny and Niko.
TwoFacedTanner
What sucks the most about this is I probably wont be able to play TBoGT until after I get out of basic training...which will be in February. sad.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 19 2009, 12:09 AM) [snapback]1518653[/snapback]
What sucks the most about this is I probably wont be able to play TBoGT until after I get out of basic training...which will be in February. sad.gif

"Patience is a virtue."
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 19 2009, 12:09 AM) [snapback]1518653[/snapback]
What sucks the most about this is I probably wont be able to play TBoGT until after I get out of basic training...which will be in February. :(

Don't go. It's called PRIORITIES.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 18 2009, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1518526[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 18 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1518520[/snapback]

I agree. I hope my distaste for Hispanics won't interfere with my enjoyment of this DLC.

From what I have seen of Luis, he kind of seems like a punk. Niko was a complex character driven by an epic storyline; Johnny was a bad ass biker who fit into the mix and also had a great storyline.

I'm sure TBoGT will be great; I just hope I can get behind the character like I have with Johnny and Niko.

Distaste for hispanics? How can you dislike a whole ethnic group of people?

Anyway I though Johnny sucked, he was just a brutal moran who put some stupid mc club over his own life.
Niko was great, deep, he wasn't really fighting for anything since he thought he had lost all (he was wrong)
Of course he fought for revenge (which was stupid) and Roman and other dear ones which was right.
Johnny fought for his friends in the Lost too, but Niko had to fight to survive.

I think Luis is gonna be sweet. He seems like a cool guy with the right priorities.
Not a moran like Johnny and not ruined like Niko.
Maybe more naiv since he is younger.

TBOGT will KICK ass!
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(SirPsychoSexy @ Aug 20 2009, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1518822[/snapback]

You obviously haven't heard of the American south.
Its a way of life, pick one and hate it.

Anyway I though Johnny sucked, he was just a brutal moran who put some stupid mc club over his own life.
Niko was great, deep, he wasn't really fighting for anything since he thought he had lost all (he was wrong)
Of course he fought for revenge (which was stupid) and Roman and other dear ones which was right.
Johnny fought for his friends in the Lost too, but Niko had to fight to survive.

That "stupid MC" was his life. They were a brotherhood, much like people in the military. Hes not the only person like that, normally a lot of people in motorcycle gangs are like that. Thats the only family they have.

That whole paragraph, you called Johnny a moron, but at the same time said what Niko was doing was stupid.
What the hell?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(SirPsychoSexy @ Aug 20 2009, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1518822[/snapback]

Sorry, I that was just a distasteful joke. I love hispanics.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 20 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1518826[/snapback]

You obviously haven't heard of the American south.
Its a way of life, pick one and hate it.

That "stupid MC" was his life. They were a brotherhood, much like people in the military. Hes not the only person like that, normally a lot of people in motorcycle gangs are like that. Thats the only family they have.

That whole paragraph, you called Johnny a moron, but at the same time said what Niko was doing was stupid.
What the hell?

Yeah Im from Europe, so maybe all I've done is heard of the American south. And if it is like that, then I wouldn't like it,
although I don't think you're too serious about it.

And maybe you're right, maybe I shouldn't call Johnny a stupid moron, and of course lots of the things Niko did was stupid.
I just have a hard time sympathizing with Johnny, I don't get him and his values, but that just means that I should that I
shouldn't judge him. I like Niko more because I understand him, even though I haven't gone through anything like that.

And I loved TLAD, but the whole MC thing wasn't really my style even though I really appreciated the experience, and
I still play it from time to time. I just didn't get Johnny.

But I don't get people who love Johnny who loves him just because he is a "badass brute". Not saying that everybody
does, but it seems to me that a lot of people do.

Still think TBOGT will KICK ass!
TreeFitty
QUOTE(SirPsychoSexy @ Aug 20 2009, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1518844[/snapback]
Yeah Im from Europe, so maybe all I've done is heard of the American south. And if it is like that, then I wouldn't like it,
although I don't think you're too serious about it.

Watch the movie "Mississippi Burning".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.