Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony Announced
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pyrocy

The second half of the Xbox 360-exclusive downloadable content has been announced earlier today. In it, you play the role of Luis Lopez, the right hand man of nightclub owner Gay Tony. Another announcement is that the two episodes (Lost & Damned & The Ballad Of Gay Tony) will also be released on a seperate DVD entitled Episodes from Liberty City for $39.99 that surprisingly will NOT require the original game. Below is the full press release...

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony for Download on Xbox LIVE® and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Available on Disc for Xbox 360® this Fall

By: Business Wire
May. 26, 2009 04:01 PM

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the fall release of both the second episode of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony - exclusively for download on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will include both episode one The Lost and Damned, and episode two The Ballad of Gay Tony together on a single disc exclusively for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"Liberty City is the most vibrant game world we've created yet. The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative. This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities."

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

The Ballad of Gay Tony will release on Xbox LIVE this fall for $19.99 or 1600 MS points and requires players to have Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com.
Benzilla
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/...800px-Luis1.jpg

Luis Fernando Lopez, the guy who steals steals the diamonds in IV.
FuddMan
Already got the forum set up for it - http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showforum=96
TwoFacedTanner
roll2.gif

That is the funniest damn title I've ever heard.

In other nwes, I miss my 360 now.
Qdeathstar
well, i guess i should sell my copy of GTAIV before this comes out then...
ThePaleOgre
I look forward to slowly driving around the city listening for some sort of bird to help you guys find the "hidden packages" for this episode biggrin.gif
PabloHoneyOle
This is exciting news. Is Gay Tony the one you kill in the 69th St. Diner? Or was that another random gay?
TwoFacedTanner
French Tom is who you're thinking about.
PabloHoneyOle
Nevermind, that was French Tom.

Thanks, Tanner.
bOnEs
gay tony? i don't remember no gay tony from GTAIV?... was he in L&TD?
Mr Pink
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 26 2009, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1504634[/snapback]
gay tony? i don't remember no gay tony from GTAIV?... was he in L&TD?

Yea he was from Lost and Damned it was on the diamond missions. I forgot the name of. Gay Tony and Luis try to make a deal with Johny to buy the diamonds.
TwoFacedTanner
He was also in the original GTA4.

Niko and Packie are doing a deal with Gay Tony and Luis at the water treatment facility and Bulgarin busts it up.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 26 2009, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1504638[/snapback]
Niko and Packie are doing a deal with Gay Tony and Luis at the water treatment facility and Bulgarin busts it up.

ahh, the gracie/diamond exchange... i sorta vaguely remember him now... thankfully i am near that point in my current game... i'll pay attention when i get to this mission... but, i remember luis from the meseum piece mission and my guess is this game will continue the never-ending quest for the diamonds i am sure... GTAIV seems to be based around those damn diamonds...

the funny thing is, i've never played L&TD but, i know the diamonds show up again during those missions... yet, i recall hearing on the radio that a bum found the stash of diamonds at the end of IV... so, don't spoil the L&TD for me, i just assumed the diamonds were a done deal after IV ended...

i guess not...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 26 2009, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1504641[/snapback]

ahh, the gracie/diamond exchange... i sorta vaguely remember him now... thankfully i am near that point in my current game... i'll pay attention when i get to this mission... but, i remember luis from the meseum piece mission and my guess is this game will continue the never-ending quest for the diamonds i am sure... GTAIV seems to be based around those damn diamonds...

the funny thing is, i've never played L&TD but, i know the diamonds show up again during those missions... yet, i recall hearing on the radio that a bum found the stash of diamonds at the end of IV... so, don't spoil the L&TD for me, i just assumed the diamonds were a done deal after IV ended...

i guess not...

TL&D wasn't a continuation.
It ran parallel to GTA4's original story.

Pretty much GTA4 from a different point of view.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 26 2009, 06:04 PM) [snapback]1504642[/snapback]

i guess not...

ohh... well then... i am assuming the same with BOGT then...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 26 2009, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1504643[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 26 2009, 06:04 PM) [snapback]1504642[/snapback]

i guess not...

ohh... well then... i am assuming the same with BOGT then...

I'd definitely say so!
I hope we find out what becomes of those damn diamonds.

Lot of death around those things.
And to be honest, when that guy dropped them off that bridge thing I was soooo pissed. I shot him for like 15 minutes.
bOnEs
maybe gay tony finds the bum in his club throwing around money laugh.gif... and more death ensues...
alooper21
news on the radio were that the driver was to open a gun shop somewhere in san andreas (or was it vice city?) after finding the diamonds in the back of his truck.
Massacre
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 26 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1504612[/snapback]
roll2.gif

That is the funniest damn title I've ever heard.

Well, well, well. Look who fucked up.
DiO
Gay...
ViceMan
QUOTE(Benzilla1 @ May 27 2009, 04:16 AM) [snapback]1504686[/snapback]
Gay...

I'd like to see the amount of people who aren't going to buy or download this simply because it has the word gay in the title and it'll make them gay if they buy it.

Actually when I first saw the new logo I thought it was a late (or very early) April fools joke.

But the LFL bit isn't suprising.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(alooper21 @ May 27 2009, 01:29 AM) [snapback]1504661[/snapback]
news on the radio were that the driver was to open a gun shop somewhere in san andreas (or was it vice city?) after finding the diamonds in the back of his truck.

Well, that could be a plot for GTA V.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 27 2009, 05:52 AM) [snapback]1504732[/snapback]

Looking back at the chronology of past games, Vice City would make more sense to be done next. And it wouldn't be GTAV, it would be GTAIV: Vice City.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 26 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1504675[/snapback]

QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 27 2009, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1504752[/snapback]

Looking back at the chronology of past games, Vice City would make more sense to be done next. And it wouldn't be GTAV, it would be GTAIV: Vice City.

Marney, This is not the forum for GTAV speculations and proposed names for your speculations. GTFO.

@alooper... in my game, I heard on the radio that a bum found the diamonds at the dump. Not the driver. Wonder if our games were different or if one of us is wrong?

http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=787612
Check posts 13 on...

Also, check out the ghost of Nec.
GLC
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1504768[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 27 2009, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1504752[/snapback]

Marney, This is not the forum for GTAV speculations and proposed names for your speculations. GTFO.

That's not marney...mellow.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Ben Hunter @ May 27 2009, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1504784[/snapback]

That's not marney...:mellow:

punxtr has turned into Marney. The avatar and stupidity had me confused.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 26 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1504675[/snapback]

@alooper... in my game, I heard on the radio that a bum found the diamonds at the dump. Not the driver. Wonder if our games were different or if one of us is wrong?

Check posts 13 on...

Its a bum.
alooper21
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 04:39 PM) [snapback]1504768[/snapback]

Check posts 13 on...

you know how it is with these mission releated news on the radio, you get to hear them or not, or you hear them briefly while on the run, but i was just pointing out what the guy who found the diamonds was to open a gun shop somewhere. and i only played the story once
as for that topic you pointed me to, i suspected those diamonds would be part of the story since i saw them at the beginning, rockstar pushed them too close to our eyes, diamonds are money and gta involves lots of money. but speaking of the begining, i'd really be quite dissapointed if we don't hear something about niko's friend-from-off-the-boat in the future. i forgot the guy's name, but he seemed to be the kind that handle things well considering the tone in he's voice and he's overall tonus, niko's type. so i'd really like to know where that guy is heading (i don't think he appears elswhere in gta4 and i won't get to play the episodes unless they are released for the pc).
The Awesome One
QUOTE(alooper21 @ May 27 2009, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1504799[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 04:39 PM) [snapback]1504768[/snapback]

Check posts 13 on...

you know how it is with these mission releated news on the radio, you get to hear them or not, or you hear them briefly while on the run, but i was just pointing out what the guy who found the diamonds was to open a gun shop somewhere. and i only played the story once
as for that topic you pointed me to, i suspected those diamonds would be part of the story since i saw them at the beginning, rockstar pushed them too close to our eyes, diamonds are money and gta involves lots of money. but speaking of the begining, i'd really be quite dissapointed if we don't hear something about niko's friend-from-off-the-boat in the future. i forgot the guy's name, but he seemed to be the kind that handle things well considering the tone in he's voice and he's overall tonus, niko's type. so i'd really like to know where that guy is heading (i don't think he appears elswhere in gta4 and i won't play the episodes unless they are released for the pc).

It begins with "h" I think.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 27 2009, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1504801[/snapback]
It begins with "h" I think.

What does?

QUOTE(alooper21 @ May 27 2009, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1504799[/snapback]
but speaking of the begining, i'd really be quite dissapointed if we don't hear something about niko's friend-from-off-the-boat in the future. i forgot the guy's name, but he seemed to be the kind that handle things well considering the tone in he's voice and he's overall tonus, niko's type. so i'd really like to know where that guy is heading (i don't think he appears elswhere in gta4 and i won't get to play the episodes unless they are released for the pc).

http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=787573
ViceMan
Hossan; Niko's Egyptian friend/shipmate who sets up a stall selling counterfeit merchandise in Algonquin. You do a ped mission for him.
TwoFacedTanner
I also want to point out, this episode better be longer than TL&D.
I was kinda pissed at that.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 27 2009, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1504785[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ben Hunter @ May 27 2009, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1504784[/snapback]

That's not marney...mellow.gif

punxtr has turned into Marney. The avatar and stupidity had me confused.

That hardly calls for being stupidity. It wasn't completely on topic, but it was based on the speculation of where the diamonds have gone next.

Once again, I do not own an Xbox 360. So you fools can tell me how it is. I don't get jealous smile.gif
Marney1
QUOTE(ranmori @ May 29 2009, 04:37 AM) [snapback]1505161[/snapback]
simulation credit auto

Jumpy.gif I nominate this to be the best post I've read in a long time,The Last Human Being! lol thankyou

Who are you and why are you acting like a dick?
Massacre
Why won't you ad-posters answer me when I ask you something? What do you get in exchange for spamming forums? Is there money, or is it just random spam?
Marney1
I've just noticed simulation credit auto and you can go fuck yourself if you think I'm clicking that.

It wasn't visible until I quoted it.
Hardcore Ottoman
I like this guy biggrin.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 29 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1505167[/snapback]

Did you click it?
Marney1
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 29 2009, 11:34 AM) [snapback]1505202[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 29 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1505167[/snapback]

Did you click it?

Click on it cbc and tell us what it is.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 20 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]1503222[/snapback]
Interested, but ever since I got a virus, I dont click on unknown links.

So clear its something that will piss me off. Hes dressed it up to look good, hidden it so the mods cant pick it up, and hopes someone will click it.

Also its his only post.
Pecnut
Strikes me as odd that LaD was officially "Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned" where as this is "Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony" (with no IV).
DiO
Maybe they figured the title was long enough.
ViceMan
Maybe the Illuminati is planning something.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 31 2009, 07:19 PM) [snapback]1505626[/snapback]
Maybe the Illuminati is planning something.

Yes I see it now, the title is an ambigram"
And definetely an anagram for something...
Brilliant!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.