Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wrestling in general
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
The Awesome One
So, do you watch wrestling weekly? Or do you think its scripted shit? If you watch it, what do you watch?
PabloHoneyOle
It's the same fake shit that's been regurgitated since the 80's. Eat it up.
Massacre
Back when the real ECW was around, I watched it religiously. Now, I usually watch WWE Raw, and sometimes their ECW or Smackdown shows. I mostly watch MMA now.

CZW is amazing, but it's not televised.
Marney1
Wrestling is total shite unless it's unscripted.
ViceMan
But most wrestling is scripted anyway. Well, the storylines are, I think the wrestlers themselves get a rough draft of how the match is supposed to play out and can improvise if need be.

Anyway I watched TNA briefly, it was laughable, every single storyline seemed to consist of two opposing wrestlers shouting very loudly into microphones during the interview segments saying the same thing; "I'm gonna get you (insert random name here)! You're mine!" Then they would face off in a match that lasted only two minutes.

I remember one time it was meant to be Kurt Angle versus Sting in an "empty arena no-holds barred match" or something, they spent the entire programme exchanging insults, then went to the ring and slapped each other a few times, got separated by Scott Steiner and Booker T. Then it went to adverts, came back, Angle shouted some things, Sting shouted some similar things, then the programme ended.

Fucking [acronym="godawful shit"]epic[/acronym].
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 14 2009, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1501844[/snapback]
But most wrestling is scripted anyway. Well, the storylines are, I think the wrestlers themselves get a rough draft of how the match is supposed to play out and can improvise if need be.

Anyway I watched TNA briefly, it was laughable, every single storyline seemed to consist of two opposing wrestlers shouting very loudly into microphones during the interview segments saying the same thing; "I'm gonna get you (insert random name here)! You're mine!" Then they would face off in a match that lasted only two minutes.

I remember one time it was meant to be Kurt Angle versus Sting in an "empty arena no-holds barred match" or something, they spent the entire programme exchanging insults, then went to the ring and slapped each other a few times, got separated by Scott Steiner and Booker T. Then it went to adverts, came back, Angle shouted some things, Sting shouted some similar things, then the programme ended.

Fucking [acronym="godawful shit"]SHITE[/acronym].

The Awesome One
Yea, TNAs been crap since Christian left. But hes my favourite wrestler...
Massacre
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 14 2009, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1501865[/snapback]

Funny how Christian would rather be a shitty nobody for WWE than a main event wrestler for TNA.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 14 2009, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1501905[/snapback]

Funny how Christian would rather be a shitty nobody for WWE than a main event wrestler for TNA.

I heard WWE have plans to make him a main-eventer soon. He was supposed to be the guy who ran over jeff hardy, but everyone found out so they changed it....
ViceMan
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 14 2009, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1501907[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 14 2009, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1501905[/snapback]

I heard WWE have plans to make him a main-eventer soon. He was supposed to be the guy who ran over jeff hardy, but everyone found out so they changed it....

Well that Edge guy seems to have become a main-eventer, when I used to watch WWF/WWE he was a mid-carder with Christian. Which i'm sure everyone can remember.

On a side note my favourite wrestlers were Kane (years before he took his mask off) and the Hardy Boys.
Massacre
Well, Edge is certainly more talented than Christian, and unlike Christian, Edge can cut a promo without looking like a douchebag. No offense, CBC, I just hate Christian.

Kane has been fail ever since losing his mask. Undertaker is too old to pull off the Deadman thing anymore, he should've kept the biker gimmick. Jeff Hardy remains one of my favorites, and I still hate Matt. Randy Orton was cool for a while, when he was just concussion punting everyone, but he's starting to bitch out again. More than anything, I miss the Attitude era. Nothing WWE is doing right now can hold a candle to the old WWF days.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 14 2009, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1501917[/snapback]
Well, Edge is certainly more talented than Christian, and unlike Christian, Edge can cut a promo without looking like a douchebag. No offense, CBC, I just hate Christian.

Kane has been fail ever since losing his mask. Undertaker is too old to pull off the Deadman thing anymore, he should've kept the biker gimmick. Jeff Hardy remains one of my favorites, and I still hate Matt. Randy Orton was cool for a while, when he was just concussion punting everyone, but he's starting to bitch out again. More than anything, I miss the Attitude era. Nothing WWE is doing right now can hold a candle to the old WWF days.

None taken.
ViceMan
I think Randy Orton was just a fresh-faced whipping boy when I stopped watching, I never really liked the generic "muscley-hardman" wrestlers like him, Batista, Triple H, The Rock...uh... I can't remember any more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.