Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumour - Lost and Damned timed exclusive
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
Mekstizzle
According to PSW, it's gonna be released on the PSN store on the 20th of August 2009. Not bad, wouldn't mind having this

http://www.gamingfront.net/news/571/lost-d...-date-revealed/
Canadianbacon123
If it's true, then good for the PS3 guys, but why would Microsoft pay $50M for only 6 months of exclusiveness? (Well $25M since only 1 DLC has been released so far). If it does come out, they better be paying the same amount we had to pay for it.
ViceMan
I thought it may have been released on the PS eventually, but not this soon, 50 million dollars gave M$ only 6 months exclusivity? Lol.

Anyway that link tried to give me a trojan, luckily some [acronym="firewall"]faggotry[/acronym] prevented it.

I'm not going to believe this for the time being, we'll wait and see.
PabloHoneyOle
We all knew Microsoft paid for exclusivity; but we never knew the precise details.

I still haven't finished the L&D yet, because I don't have to. Spoiled Xbox kids.

I'll get around to it. Right now, I'm happy knowing it's there, waiting for me to finish when I'm ready.
Zen
I've made this front page news. Good stuff.

As I mentioned there, if anyone can get a hold of the copy of PSW that has this information then that'd be great. It sounds even less believable when there aren't even any quotes.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Lets hope it's true. LaD was better than GTA IV.
Qdeathstar
strange, i could have sworn that i posted already O.o

I really hope this isn't true... I bought the Xbox360 and the Xbox360 GTAIV for lost and damned (among other reasons). I thought the PS3 version of the game looked better in 480i (PS3 version doesn't support 1080i) than the Xbox version in 1080i and if i could have gotten the DLC for the PS3 version i probably wouldn't have bought the Xbox...

:-/

At least it still appears that fallout's dlc is staying exclusive, but i havn't bought that for the xbox yet sad.gif .

I think that that site is probably just trying to get page views though, it looks like a new site.
Roman
I can't believe this bullshit was posted on the main site. Whoever that dumbass mod is should lose their modding privileges.
Qdeathstar
Ouch.. thats a bit rough.... could be true, most things like this that are "exclusive" end up being exclusive, not so much....

But i think that if Rockstar was going to put this on the PS3 by August we would have heard about it via financial statements... In the financial statements before take two said it had no intention of releasing lost and damned to PS3.

Also, he clearly puts RUMOR before the post.
Zen
QUOTE(Roman @ May 11 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1501206[/snapback]
I can't believe this bullshit was posted on the main site. Whoever that dumbass mod is should lose their modding privileges.

QUOTE(Roman)
You guys are really slowing down with the news posting lately. The other two major GTA fan sites always post random ass shit that no body really cares about, but are interesting to read for 2 seconds nonetheless. GTA4.tv's last news post way basically 2 weeks ago. Psy, I know you are hard at work on your next website project, but don't you hand some sort of staff that can post news?

Just a suggestion guys, post about fucking Chips Ahoy or something if you have to.

It's news at the end of the day. Get over it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Zen @ May 11 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1501214[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roman)
You guys are really slowing down with the news posting lately. The other two major GTA fan sites always post random ass shit that no body really cares about, but are interesting to read for 2 seconds nonetheless. GTA4.tv's last news post way basically 2 weeks ago. Psy, I know you are hard at work on your next website project, but don't you hand some sort of staff that can post news?

Just a suggestion guys, post about fucking Chips Ahoy or something if you have to.

Owned?
alooper21
QUOTE(ILuvLilJimCrows @ May 11 2009, 06:56 PM) [snapback]1501201[/snapback]
I really hope this isn't true... I bought the Xbox360 and the Xbox360 GTAIV for lost and damned (among other reasons).

well, that was the ideea. i bought a psp for gta, but that's something else, it really was something quite unique at that moment.
i don't belive in endless exclusives, gta is a cash cow "like-no-other", and i wouldn't be surprised to see the dlc on ps3 even cheaper (that because it'll be "old news"). i don't have a console, i stay true to computer gaming, but if i'd choose to buy a console it would sure be a ps3 because of the blu-ray suport. sam houser said in an interview that microsoft has a problem here. rockstar better get back to making games with ps3 in mind, xbox doesn't seem to have enough room for a new san andreas.
DiO
I was a little excited for a second. Just got to remind myself not to get hopes up. I REALLY want that fucking DLC.
bOnEs
yea, sounds good (at the moment) and i figured that is what M$ paid for... but, i thought it was more like exclusives for a year... for 50 million dollars, i thought that would of bought more than 6 months.... lol, man did the houser's get a GREAT deal there!! biggrin.gif... i figured that the PS3 would be getting this eventually tho, just not until around the fall holiday season (IMO)... but, there's no truth to the subject so, i have no reason to get my hopes up...
alooper21
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 11 2009, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1501248[/snapback]
yea, sounds good (at the moment) and i figured that is what M$ paid for... but, i thought it was more like exclusives for a year... for 50 million dollars, i thought that would of bought more than 6 months.... lol, man did the houser's get a GREAT deal there!! :D... i figured that the PS3 would be getting this eventually tho, just not until around the fall holiday season (IMO)... but, there's no truth to the subject so, i have no reason to get my hopes up...

both dlcs WILL come to ps3 and eventually to pc. it would be odd, though, to see tlad on ps3 before or soon after the seccond xbox dlc. but both of them will come out for ps3 and pc. maybe together (but first for ps3).
Marney1
QUOTE(alooper21 @ May 11 2009, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1501256[/snapback]
yea, sounds good (at the moment) and i figured that is what M$ paid for... but, i thought it was more like exclusives for a year... for 50 million dollars, i thought that would of bought more than 6 months.... lol, man did the houser's get a GREAT deal there!! biggrin.gif... i figured that the PS3 would be getting this eventually tho, just not until around the fall holiday season (IMO)... but, there's no truth to the subject so, i have no reason to get my hopes up...

both dlcs WILL come to ps3 and eventually to pc. it would be odd, though, to see tlad on ps3 before or soon after the seccond xbox dlc. but both of them will come out for ps3 and pc. maybe together (but first for ps3).

I was'nt aware you worked for R*.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 11 2009, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1501237[/snapback]
I was a little excited for a second. Just got to remind myself not to get hopes up. I REALLY want that fucking DLC.

Well being a hairy biker looking guy (do you actually have an interest in motorbikes/choppers?) I assumed as much.
TreeFitty
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 11 2009, 01:32 PM) [snapback]1501220[/snapback]
QUOTE(Zen @ May 11 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1501214[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roman)

Owned?

Owned. sleep.gif

Someone was on their period. Or got warned by Zen before...
bOnEs
QUOTE(alooper21 @ May 11 2009, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1501256[/snapback]

yea, they might be... but, there's no official announcement so... i'm not getting my hopes up until R* confirms this...
The Awesome One
Not true. Microsoft paid exclusive, and all games sites get things wrong.
ViceMan
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 11 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1501290[/snapback]

Yes, they paid for an exclusivity contract, we all know that. But what we don't know is how long the contract lasted.
DiO
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 11 2009, 03:19 PM) [snapback]1501267[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 11 2009, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1501237[/snapback]

Well being a hairy biker looking guy (do you actually have an interest in motorbikes/choppers?) I assumed as much.

Lol, yah.
The Awesome One
Remember we are talking about microsoft.... Also its a ps3 mag/site as well, so it could be rumors or a way to make money.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 11 2009, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1501295[/snapback]

Lol, yah.

I knew it, stereotypes play out for a reason.
bOnEs
...and he's into that death metal stuff too... aren't all biker's into that sort of thing? laugh.gif...
ViceMan
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 11 2009, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1501311[/snapback]
...and he's into that death metal stuff too... aren't all biker's into that sort of thing? laugh.gif...

Nah not death metal, maybe thrash and rock. Although even I listen to those, and i'm not a hairy biker dude.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 11 2009, 05:25 PM) [snapback]1501312[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 11 2009, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1501311[/snapback]

Nah not death metal, maybe thrash and rock. Although even I listen to those, and i'm not a hairy biker dude.

no but, hairy bikers listen to it biggrin.gif... i think that's all they are allowed to listen to... no carrie underwood or t-pain laugh.gif...
Massacre
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 11 2009, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1501295[/snapback]

Lol, yah.

thumbup.gif
alooper21
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 11 2009, 11:22 PM) [snapback]1501291[/snapback]
QUOTE(therealcbc @ May 11 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1501290[/snapback]

Yes, they paid for an exclusivity contract, we all know that. But what we don't know is how long the contract lasted.

now where did i read that no exclusive is forever? oh, i know: when R* ported psp gtas to ps2. while those were still "in the same house, only another room", i am confident that these dlcs will come out for other sistems as well, just like i'm sure a san andreas game will come for an eventual psp2. is only a matter of time. and i don't have to work for R* to be sure of that :)
DiO
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5107.html

More sites posting this as news.
6 shooter
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 12 2009, 03:44 AM) [snapback]1501359[/snapback]

Yeah, and if something is posted somewhere on the Internet, it HAS to be true, right?
Marney1
QUOTE(6 shooter @ May 12 2009, 07:38 AM) [snapback]1501395[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 12 2009, 03:44 AM) [snapback]1501359[/snapback]

Yeah, and if something is posted somewhere on the Internet, it HAS to be true, right?

About as true as your avatar matches your name. ie-No.
RomanBellic
I hope this is true.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(ILuvLilJimCrows @ May 11 2009, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1501201[/snapback]

I really hope this isn't true... I bought the Xbox360 and the Xbox360 GTAIV for lost and damned (among other reasons). I thought the PS3 version of the game looked better in 480i (PS3 version doesn't support 1080i) than the Xbox version in 1080i and if i could have gotten the DLC for the PS3 version i probably wouldn't have bought the Xbox...

At least it still appears that fallout's dlc is staying exclusive, but i havn't bought that for the xbox yet sad.gif .

I think that that site is probably just trying to get page views though, it looks like a new site.

GTA 4 goes upto 1080p on the PS3, I made a topic about it and how it looks so much better in 1080p than 720p, even though I know the game is only being rendered at some res just below 720p, the combination of the PS3 and the TV can upscale it to 1080p and the game looks so much better

You have to "force" it into 1080p though, by going into the PS3 display settings and turning off 1080i and 720p and only leaving 1080p on
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ May 12 2009, 06:55 AM) [snapback]1501400[/snapback]
I hope this is true.

TheAnalogKid2112
I really freakin' hope this happens! Also, D-O isn't worthy of death metal.
6 shooter
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 12 2009, 08:42 AM) [snapback]1501397[/snapback]
QUOTE(6 shooter @ May 12 2009, 07:38 AM) [snapback]1501395[/snapback]

About as true as your avatar matches your name. ie-No.

Since when should it?
Banana Boy
QUOTE(ILuvLilJimCrows @ May 11 2009, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1501201[/snapback]

I got my PS3 to work on 1080p, with my 53" TV, Gran turismo 5 sure looks like the real fuckin thing

and Xbox360 is a waste of your $60 or how ever how much you pay per year, and if this is true and because its on a major website it prolly is, then your money is wasted again. "oh Xbox360 servers are more dedicated" well who the hell cares, my PS3 doesnt get any glitches and never crashes, and the features I use are fine.

GTA4 on a 1080p looks fantastic, it doesnt look at all pixely because of the massive TV, and sit about 10 feet away from it biggrin.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
You bastard. If I ever get $3000 and a Room big enough for a 50" TV I'm so buying one.
Massacre
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ May 18 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1502851[/snapback]
You bastard. If I ever get $3000 and a Room big enough for a 50" TV I'm so buying one.

Here, in America, the country I love tolerate, you can get a 50" for $898 in some places.
Marney1
QUOTE(Assassinator @ May 19 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1502850[/snapback]

I got my PS3 to work on 1080p, with my 53" TV, Gran turismo 5 sure looks like the real fuckin thing

and Xbox360 is a waste of your $60 or how ever how much you pay per year, and if this is true and because its on a major website it prolly is, then your money is wasted again. "oh Xbox360 servers are more dedicated" well who the hell cares, my PS3 doesnt get any glitches and never crashes, and the features I use are fine.

GTA4 on a 1080p looks fantastic, it doesnt look at all pixely because of the massive TV, and sit about 10 feet away from it biggrin.gif

I got a new LCD TV the other week for my PS3 and set the graphics to full etc on 'settings' and the difference is unbelievable, reflections and water are better.
Not sure if I have it running at 1080p though.

Edit: 32" if anyone's interested.
Apocolyptic Diety
It would be nice to see it on ps3. rumor or not, its something to consider. Even if it doesn't make it to ps3, we still have IV. which, for me, is good enough.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 19 2009, 12:53 AM) [snapback]1502859[/snapback]
QUOTE(Assassinator @ May 19 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1502850[/snapback]

I got a new LCD TV the other week for my PS3 and set the graphics to full etc on 'settings' and the difference is unbelievable, reflections and water are better.
Not sure if I have it running at 1080p though.

Edit: 32" if anyone's interested.

You're probaby just running 1080i. You can get a 1080p TV that size but there about $1000. but on a TV that size the quality difference shouldn't be so noticable.
Apocolyptic Diety
If they do bring TLAD to ps3, R* needs to improve the server and rid it of these glitches. I wouldn't consider getting it if it had as many problems as gta 4 multiplayer has right now. wallbash_red.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.