Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Year Anniversary of GTA4
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
PabloHoneyOle
Happy Anniversary (4/29) to GTA4.

First I want to say thanks to Psy for all his hard work on this site; I would thank the moderators and admins too, but half of them have given me warnings, so piss off. Thanks to Rockstar also for putting this game together which we all have likely enjoyed for the past 365 days.

Use this forum to talk about your impressions of the game one year later or tell any GTA4 reflections you might have. Try not to get too sappy.
ViceMan
I voAted Obama as usual.

I keep saying i'll start a new game, but I can't be arsed. I usually just fuck around on free roam or go on a rampage in one of my other saved games until Niko gets killed, then turn off.

(29/4) IMO.
Marney1
Well I've just started the story from scratch again and I'm really appreciating the sights and sounds more than the first time. This is probably because first time round I was so engrossed in the 'chase' to stop and admire the surroundings.
I've hardly touched single player since I finished the game and now I'm wondering why.
I highly recommend doing the story again, it's like watching a movie (Shawshank Redemption springs to mind) that you thought was average the first time you saw it but then you give it another chance and it blows you away.

I reckon in years to come we will look back on this game and think; "Now that was a proper game".
ViceMan
I've already played through the story 5 times or so.
TreeFitty
Prior to discovering Killzone I was running around in free roam all day. Maybe I'll start a new game this summer. Get them trophies and what not.
trathen93
its crazy to think that iv is a year old, madness. i still go on it. its my fave game on the ps3 to revisit, new games dont have the replayability(sp) that it has.

HAPPY B-DAY GTA IV!
Ex-PS Fanboy
nuffin. Playin Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
TwoFacedTanner
What will I be doing for GTA4's Anniversary?

Your.....son?
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 28 2009, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1499324[/snapback]
What will I be doing for GTA4's Anniversary?

Don't say doin your wife, Don't say doin your wife-
GLC
I'm away from my ps3 until the weekend, but I guess I would of enjoyed a quick free mode given the opportunity...sleep.gif
Massacre
I wasn't going to play it today, but I guess I should fire it up for old times' sake. Knowing me, I'll probably start my 9th new file and spend the rest of the week playing, it's so easy to get sucked back in...
HELMET
After 3 GPUs and 2 CPUs and a numerous amounts of tweaks (which still didn't really help) I managed to finally complete the game. Do I care to do it again like I did with previous GTA games? Well, no. For me it just wasn't as fun and I think this is the black sheep of them all. If there is ever a Lost and Damned for pc I will not get it. Not interested. Rockstar has totally lost the concept of what GTA is really about. Sad really, but it's just a game, and with all the crappy games coming out these days I really didn't expect GTA IV to be any better. It just really didn't break the mold like the other ones did. If I could sell this game I would.

I guess until a better one that's more appeasing to me comes out I guess I'm just gonna be stuck playing all the older ones that I like more. This game doesn't even deserve to be noticed as having anniversaries, at least not at a respectable level like the previous installments.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(HELMET @ Apr 29 2009, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1499466[/snapback]
This game doesn't even deserve to be noticed as having anniversaries, at least not at a respectable level like the previous installments.

Will a moderator please delete this thread, date and GTA4 from existence, this guy didn't like it.
trathen93
gta is fantastic at even a year on. its all about personal preference. if u like gta then you like it. i dont like cod but my mates shag it. depends on what type of gamer u are
Banana Boy
QUOTE(trathen @ Apr 29 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]1499531[/snapback]
gta is fantastic at even a year on. its all about personal preference. if u like gta then you like it. i dont like cod but my mates shag it. depends on what type of gamer u are

I actually used the lil map that came with the game in NYC, i found bellevue hospital and Wall street

i also vistited the helitour place, and flew over the city
6 shooter
I bought the game in October 2008, played it once till I got 100% somewhere in March. The very next day I downloaded The Lost And Damned and I am still playing it, got 2 main story missions and a few minor things till I get 100%.

As much as I was overwhelmed with graphics and animation, I never felt too attached with Niko or the story line the way I did with Claude or CJ. Johnny is more of a protagonist whose shoes I can sneak into, but since it's not entirely a different game, I still have my reservations. Overall, GTA IV has not left me drooling or jaw dropping like GTA 3 and GTA SA. Perhaps it's every second GTA game that appeals to me in full (I am not a GTA VC fan, either).

I don't plan playing GTA IV again in near future. I only wish GTA 3 was playable on Xbox360 :-(
DiO
I'm near beating it for the 4th time. I probably wouldn't have if I had my old game data but it was all lost.
HB~Sauce
I'm doing a trophy run right now, but I thought the story was good and the environment/physics were pretty awesome but it lacked that replayability (in singleplayer atleast) that other GTA's had.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(trathen @ Apr 29 2009, 10:45 PM) [snapback]1499531[/snapback]

ANOTHER CoD HATER!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ May 6 2009, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1500448[/snapback]
I'm near beating it for the 4th time. I probably wouldn't have if I had my old game data but it was all lost.

shoulda made a backup disc
mobe
GTA IV is a game I admire more than I actually enjoy. I admire what R* did with the new hardware on offer and I admire them for being daring enough to try and take the game in a new and more mature direction. But ultimately GTAIV was and is a big experiment, some of which worked amazingly well and some of it less so.

At the end of the day I do side with those gamers out there, die hard GTA fans and regular players, who think something unique and magical about GTA was lost in the next gen transition. Hopefully it'll be back in the next version, It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I just seriously hope they take the game out of America.
Caliph
I stopped playing GTA IV since August 2008, which might explain why I haven't been on this forum for quite some time. I guess I got bored of it but there's a chance I get back to playing it again once I return back home in June. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.