Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: InFamous
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Kamahl

The game is coming on May 26 and i thinks looking great, i really wanna see how it is. If you pre-order it you can get early access to the demo on May 7, if you dont you can wait for the 21st when it will be up on the PS store.

As mentioned in other thread, you also get access to the uncharted 2 beta if you get the game :)

TheAnalogKid2112
Isn't this that one game where you can either be the hero or the villain?
Massacre
No, really, this game has me considering buying a PS3.
DiO
It looks fantastic. But the UFC game comes out too. I should start renting fucking games.
Marney1
I've never heard of this game is it well known?
bOnEs
you know me, i love a good free-roaming open-world city game... and hey, here's another one!! biggrin.gif

seriously though, this game looks fucking amazing... graphics are looking like some of the best on the PS3 and, the entire premise of the game is new and original... i love games that are different from the norm...that's why i got a PS3 biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
I'll have to do some research.
ENVi3
inFamous vs Prototype ... hmm
Massacre
^ If I get a PS3, I'll buy both. You buy a 360, we'll be BFF's then.
TheAnalogKid2112
Massacre, seriously, buy a PS3. It'd be a blast to game with you.
Kamahl
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Apr 27 2009, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1499081[/snapback]
inFamous vs Prototype ... hmm

InFamous :D

prototype doesnt interest me to be honest, i havent seen much... ill admit that but from what ive seen, i prefer infamous
DiO
InFamous looks much better. I guess we will see.
TheAnalogKid2112
I just saw the trailer on playstation.com
Looks AMAZING!
I just hope that electro-hand-flight thing isn't timed. Probably will be.

Too bad I won't be buying a new game for a long, long, long time. I'm broke.
Kamahl
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 28 2009, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1499355[/snapback]
Looks AMAZING!

you should stop spending money on PSN games then... you have too many
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 28 2009, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1499358[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 28 2009, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1499355[/snapback]
Looks AMAZING!

you should stop spending money on PSN games then... you have too many

I've honestly purchased 3 PSN games in all the time I've had a PS3. I have a good [spoiler]game-share[/spoiler] buddy.
TheAnalogKid2112
Does the word "fuck" really get you off? Save this ridiculous and unfunny spam for the Asylum. This forum is about games.
Indy
This game looks sick. Only PS3 game I want right now. It looks similar to prototype but I rekon this will be better. We'll just have to wait and see.
Kamahl
A few stores have started selling the game early, some guy posted pics on another forum...

anyway, if you cant find it yet.... the demo came out yesterday for those who preordered the game, there are videos on youtube :)

every review ive read so far has been very positive.

Kamahl
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/981/981734p1.html

The game got a 9.2 in IGN US, 9.0 in UK and 8.6 in AU.

Can't wait to get it :)
bOnEs
read that, and watched the video review... this game looks fucking awesome... and empire city sounds almost as involved as liberty city... YES!! another city that you feel a part of!! the powers look fun to play with, and it sounds like it packs a ton of side missions (70 i think i read), and lots of stuff to collect too... and the fact that there's two endings just begs for multiple play-thrus biggrin.gif....

i don't think i read anywhere about a multiplayer mode... could be wrong but still, it's nice to see that companies still care about making engaging stories and games... and not tacking on a cheap ass multiplayer mode just because apparently, that's what everyone wants... it's nice to see that there's still some really fucking awesome games that still stay true to what a video game is...
TheAnalogKid2112
Amen NlGGER.
I'm gonna check it out now. I have $70 at Best Buy. I don't know if I'm gonna use it on this, or something like MWF2 or New Vegas.

Or Uncharted 2....
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 14 2009, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1501768[/snapback]
Amen NlGGER.
I'm gonna check it out now. I have $70 at Best Buy. I don't know if I'm gonna use it on this, or something like MWF2 or New Vegas.

Or Uncharted 2....

well, those are a ways away from release... you'll be sitting on that $70 for a while laugh.gif... plus, if you pre-order thru a place like gamestop (which nulls your bestbuy gift card), you'll get a free beta code for uncharted 2 multiplayer... so, you'll get a chance to play an early copy of uncharted 2 while your at it...
TheAnalogKid2112
Best Buy has the pre-order beta....

Plus I stole a voucher from Best Buy last week.
DiO
The game is getting good reviews. My friend is getting it. I'll borrow it from him.
Benzilla
Awwwh man. You see now I want a PS3. I really hate the controller though, really can't use it - triggers on it suck tbh, and it's too small.
Marney1
QUOTE(Benzilla @ May 15 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1502065[/snapback]
Awwwh man. You see now I want a PS3. I really hate the controller though, really can't use it - triggers on it suck tbh, and it's too small.

You must be able to get a big bulky one that can be used on the PS3.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Benzilla @ May 15 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1502065[/snapback]

so... you hated using the PSone and the PS2 controllers then? rolleyes.gif...
Benzilla
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 15 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1502105[/snapback]
QUOTE(Benzilla @ May 15 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1502065[/snapback]

so... you hated using the PSone and the PS2 controllers then? rolleyes.gif...

Well...I just accepted them, but then I got an X-Box 360 and I realized that the controllers were a lot better, so now I'm accustom to the 360 controller, I don't want to go back.
bOnEs
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5161.html

this is a very interesting read... i am planning on seeing terminator: salvation sometime this weekend and now i have something to look forward to in the previews!!
ENVi3
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 19 2009, 02:13 PM) [snapback]1503014[/snapback]

this is a very interesting read... i am planning on seeing terminator: salvation sometime this weekend and now i have something to look forward to in the previews!!
nice, I'll be watching Terminator tomorrow so i don't think i qualify to see it since it says it's from May 22-28.

in other news, the demo is supposed to come out tomorrow: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/05/20...ent-for-052109/
Kamahl
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 20 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1503401[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 19 2009, 02:13 PM) [snapback]1503014[/snapback]

nice, I'll be watching Terminator tomorrow so i don't think i qualify to see it since it says it's from May 22-28.

in other news, the demo is supposed to come out tomorrow: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/05/20...ent-for-052109/

yeah, the demo is coming today for those who didnt pre-order the game :)

can't wait, i hope they update early today :P
Mekstizzle
Why are people hyping this game up, it looks like an average game to me.
Kamahl
demo is up, downloading right now :), in about 20 minutes it will be ready
Ex-PS Fanboy
As usually it's not out in North America dry.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ May 21 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1503584[/snapback]
As usually it's not out in North America dry.gif

By North America you mean canada?

cause i downloaded it from the US store perfectly
Ex-PS Fanboy
Well I haven't checked since i posted that. It's probably up now.
Kamahl
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ May 22 2009, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1503673[/snapback]
Well I haven't checked since i posted that. It's probably up now.

No, i meant i downloaded it before you said it wasnt up...
bOnEs
yea, i've played the demo... it's a lot like assassins creed, really... except there's not much up-close fighting... it's ok though but, i am wondering if i will really buy this game, even tho i put $5 towards a pre-order... i mean it looks fun but, i am not sure how much fun i'll get out it...

some of the powers are amazing, especially combining some of them really pulls off some awesome visuals... and really, the visuals are pretty sweet... the combat is ok, but this seems to be where it should be epic but, it's not really at all... the enemies are some of the best shots i've seen in a game... i could be 100 yards away and yet, one of them can constantly land a shot on me, hardly ever missing... this part is what makes this game so damn frustrating... when you get a bunch of enemies on the screen, you'd better have some good cover because, you dead meat if you don't... and the chance of good cover are slim in some places... you're out in the open sometimes constantly getting hit... and it doesn't take a lot of hits to kill you either... i'm guessing the shield power would really be a useful one, and probably make things like this easier to deal with....

again, this is just a demo and maybe these missions are much later in the game considering the fact that your starting out with some really awesome powers that your suppose to acquire over time....

it's a decent game though... it'll be worth $60 but, i am not sure if it's worth my $60... and i'd hate to spend $60 on a game just for a stupid multiplayer beta code to uncharted 2, which might not be that good either considering that it's beta....

who knows if i am buying this though... maybe i will, maybe i won't... it didn't put me on the edge of my seat so, i am not sure if i wouldn't be better off playing more LBP and waiting for late june's op:anchorage release, rather than spending $60 for a new game already... i'm in a tough situation right now over this game...
bOnEs
ok, so i did break down and bought it biggrin.gif... and judging from no other posts since my last one, i am guessing not many of you bought this either, or tried the demo... however, i was pretty critical of the demo but, i should of known better that demo's never truly give you the actual experience... i am finding the game itself pretty damn fun now...

the missions tend to offer a lot more variety than i expected... sure, it's still go here, kill the baddies, save the area... but, the environment itself offers up different ways to approach the enemy... via rooftop, street level, or mid level in some places... some missions take you underground into the sewers, and some have you racing across the city...

the grip i still have from the demo is the fact that the enemies are tough... they can take some damage, and they can really dish it out too if your not in cover, or behind something... when 6 of them fly around a corner after you and you didn't pick up their red dots on the radar, you can find yourself quickly surrounded... and this is suppose to be the weakest group of enemies, the reapers... there's still two other gangs that are suppose to be tougher as you unlock the other islands... there's a trophy for beating the game on hard so, maybe when i play the evil route, i'll be ready to handle that kind of onslaught... but, not right now...

and yes, the gameplay does feel a lot like assassin's creed although, the sneaking aspect is no where to be seen... this game is in your face action, which is intense at times... and scaling the city is just as rewarding as it was in AC... and the fact that you can shoot your electrical power off from any position, hanging from any ledge or pole, or while running across a wire, is really one of the coolest features i've seen in a while when it comes to action...

the city is full of life, and the city itself is fun to play around with... there's lots of debris, destroyed buildings, intact buildings, colorful signs, junky cars and nice ones, pedestrians with as much life as GTAIV, and all sorts of visuals... the graphics might not be no uncharted or MGS but, they work... and your powers are amazing to see in action... the electrical bombs, the electrical wave thingy, and i just unlocked the ability to either drain life from peds and enemies, restrain them, or heal them...

so far, it's a 8/10... it might get a better or lower score depending on how the rest of the game plays out... but, the story so far is convincing and interesting... it's keeping me engaged...
Massacre
Is it worth buying a PS3 for? I'm trying to get together a list of at least 5 PS3 exclusive games I want before I buy one.
DiO
I tried the demo. It was awesome.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 27 2009, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1504825[/snapback]
Is it worth buying a PS3 for? I'm trying to get together a list of at least 5 PS3 exclusive games I want before I buy one.

let's see...

1. MGS4
2. little big planet
3. uncharted: drake's fortune
4. killzone 2
5. resistance 1 & 2
6. ratchet & clank future series
7. warhawk
8. PAIN (PSstore)
9. echochrome (PSstore - above and beyond, well worth $10)
10. heavenly sword
11. uncharted 2 (fall)
12. god of war III (spring '10)
13. motorstorm & pacific rift
14. gran turismo 5
15. a new twisted metal coming soon
16. ohh yea... inFamous biggrin.gif...
17. and there's probably others too that other PS3'rs would be happy to point out...

i'd say it shouldn't be too hard to find 5 games you'd like from that list biggrin.gif... but, i'd recommend inFamous because, it's a fun little exclusive to mess around with... and it's probably bigger than some of the games on that list... lots of side missions, and karma exclusive missions, tons of shards to collect, and about 40 dead drops to collect too... ohh and lots of electrical powers, about 12 i see from the powers screen but, different variations to some of them... and the ability to combine some of them in the heat of a battle...

sure, it's worth buying if you like the open world games...
Kamahl
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 27 2009, 11:34 AM) [snapback]1504825[/snapback]

this alone probably not but if you wanna put it with 4 other games then id say yes.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Kamahl @ May 27 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1504871[/snapback]

this alone probably not but if you wanna put it with 4 other games then id say yes.

agreed... if your getting a PS3 then, little big planet and metal gear solid 4 are the ones to get to confirm your expensive purchase biggrin.gif... and uncharted is the funnest adventure you'll experience on any system biggrin.gif... throw in inFamous and you got yourself a nice collection to start out with... and the playstation store as a lot of fun little $10 games to play too like echochrome (one of the most underrated titles in the store), flOwer, PAIN, fat princess, etc... and then there's the FPS'rs like resistance and killzone 2 to look at as well... but, i'm not a big FPS'r fan so, i can pass on those titles that have garnered critical acclaim...

it's up to you man... but, inFamous is a title to add to the collection of 5... it just won't sell the system alone like MGS4, GoWIII, and the uncharted games would...
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504876[/snapback]

agreed... if your getting a PS3 then, little big planet and metal gear solid 4 are the ones to get to confirm your expensive purchase biggrin.gif... and uncharted is the funnest adventure you'll experience on any system biggrin.gif... throw in inFamous and you got yourself a nice collection to start out with... and the playstation store as a lot of fun little $10 games to play too like echochrome (one of the most underrated titles in the store), flOwer, PAIN, fat princess, etc... and then there's the FPS'rs like resistance and killzone 2 to look at as well... but, i'm not a big FPS'r fan so, i can pass on those titles that have garnered critical acclaim...

it's up to you man... but, inFamous is a title to add to the collection of 5... it just won't sell the system alone like MGS4, GoWIII, and the uncharted games would...

Okay, my mind's made up, and inFamous was not the deciding factor like I thought it would be. I just saw on GameTrailers TV that the PS3 version gets exclusive levels for Batman: Arkham Asylum that let you play as the Joker, and I can't pass that up. Now I'll just have to play the waiting game and watch my GameStop newsletters for a good PS3 deal...
TheAnalogKid2112
Dude, Massacre, buy a PS3. It would be fun playing with you.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 28 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1505160[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504876[/snapback]

Okay, my mind's made up, and inFamous was not the deciding factor like I thought it would be. I just saw on GameTrailers TV that the PS3 version gets exclusive levels for Batman: Arkham Asylum that let you play as the Joker, and I can't pass that up. Now I'll just have to play the waiting game and watch my GameStop newsletters for a good PS3 deal...

...like the "trade in your old PS2 and 3 games for $100 off a PS3"...? yea, gamestop rips you off with their trade in deals... i'm actually considering selling my old games on ebay or amazon instead of practically giving them away at gamestop, and then see them turn around and sell the game for triple what they gave me...

but yea, can't wait to see you online one of these days biggrin.gif...
GLC
Bah, I havn't been following this game or anything and have no idea what it's about. May check out the demo later...
Massacre
QUOTE(bOnEs @ May 29 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1505264[/snapback]
...like the "trade in your old PS2 and 3 games for $100 off a PS3"...? yea, gamestop rips you off with their trade in deals... i'm actually considering selling my old games on ebay or amazon instead of practically giving them away at gamestop, and then see them turn around and sell the game for triple what they gave me...

but yea, can't wait to see you online one of these days biggrin.gif...

I don't care really, as long as I get a discount on the PS3. My PS2 barely runs and makes more noise than the game I'm playing, and aside from my GTA collection (which I'd never sell), all of my PS2 games are collecting dust. I dunno, I'll find something eventually.
bOnEs
well, their flyers make their way to email today... so... maybe there's a deal just for you biggrin.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.