Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DiO
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/695010/i...ncharted-2.html

Uncharted 2 has fucking multi-player and Infamous will come with a beta code for it. Un-fucking-believable.

[spoiler]Assuming it isn't all bullshit.[/spoiler]
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol. Gay. I hope there isn't multiplayer, or Naughty Dog are SELL-OUTS! BUNCHA GRONKS!!!
DiO
Shut the fuck up kike. Peeps saying "I hope there isn't multi-player" are morons. Naughty Dog delivers quality. Its going to be a fucking amazing game.
TheAnalogKid2112
As long as the SP is as amazing, genuine, and action-packed as Drake's Fortune, then I'm soooo on board. It'd be so much fun. I just hope the addition of MP won't make the SP less extravagant.

Therefore, YOU'RE the kike. Fucking mongoloid.
DuPz0r
Multi-player as in co-op or vs?
Uncharted co-op would be epic!
Kamahl
im getting infamous (not just for the beta, i was getting it anyway) so im gonna check that out :D
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 25 2009, 09:29 PM) [snapback]1498659[/snapback]
As long as the SP is as amazing, genuine, and action-packed as Drake's Fortune...

Of course it will be. Uncharted 1 was fucking amazing. I can't see them dropping the ball.

Dup, if there is co-op we will play the entire game through!
bOnEs
sweetness!! i was planning on getting this game anyways (infamous)... now i have even more of a reason!!
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 27 2009, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1499002[/snapback]

WHADDABOUT ANNALOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Kamahl
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 27 2009, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1499002[/snapback]
As long as the SP is as amazing, genuine, and action-packed as Drake's Fortune...

Of course it will be. Uncharted 1 was fucking amazing. I can't see them dropping the ball.

they just confirmed on the ps blog that there IS co-op :D
TheAnalogKid2112
Sweet. Who wants to arrange a full playthrough with me?
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 27 2009, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1499126[/snapback]
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 27 2009, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1499002[/snapback]

they just confirmed on the ps blog that there IS co-op biggrin.gif

O SHII!

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:39 PM) [snapback]1499041[/snapback]
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 27 2009, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1499002[/snapback]

WHADDABOUT ANNALOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Fuck you, Kike.

aussie_b8ler
Unfortunately the co-op is not for the single player campaign. It is a separate mode, kind of like how Resistance 2 had a completely different campaign for co-op.

Cooperative multiplayer modes allow up-to-3 players to progress through a variety of environments by working together to accomplish set objectives.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-318575.aspx

DiO
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Apr 28 2009, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1499268[/snapback]
Unfortunately the co-op is not for the single player campaign. It is a separate mode, kind of like how Resistance 2 had a completely different campaign for co-op.

Cooperative multiplayer modes allow up-to-3 players to progress through a variety of environments by working together to accomplish set objectives.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-318575.aspx

That for the better anyways. That way they didn't have to limit the main storyline in anyway to allow 3 people playing at all times.
bOnEs
agreed... definitely better than plowing through the story co-op since, it's drake's story only... it'd be weird playing in someone else's game watching cutscenes with drake, then playing as alana or something...
aussie_b8ler
Playing through the entire campaign with mates is extremely fun. Resistance FoM and RE 5 are just a few examples. Sure they have their issues, but they are enjoyable.

Having said that, Iím glad Among Thieves has stayed true to the original, while also updating the franchise with the implementation of optional multiplayer modes. This is a clever move; keep the old fans happy while gaining many new ones.
trathen93
I like the look of this game, i want the beta. i was unsure about gettin it but now im set. just need the money.....
Kamahl
its coming out in MONTHS, you have a lot of time to get the money
ENVi3
I already got my beta invite from my annual subscription to Qore
although i won't be able to download it till June 3rd, and the beta runs til 6/28.
DiO
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 9 2009, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1500920[/snapback]
although i won't be able to download it till June 3rd, and the beta runs til 6/28.

Man, I have to get Qore. Dam.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 9 2009, 12:17 PM) [snapback]1500930[/snapback]
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 9 2009, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1500920[/snapback]

Man, I have to get Qore. Dam.

yeah, it's pretty cool ... its like $25 for a year and you get some free PSN games once in a while, early betas, early demos, exclusive themes, and a monthly digital magazine.
TheAnalogKid2112
I stole a beta voucher from one of the inFamous pre-order cases at Best Buy today. See you guys on there.
Kamahl
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ May 9 2009, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1501020[/snapback]
I stole a beta voucher from one of the inFamous pre-order cases at Best Buy today. See you guys on there.

lol

why do empty cases come with codes?
TheAnalogKid2112
They're cardboard box-cases that you bring to the register to pre-order. If you shake them, you'll hear a card shake around. I opened it to be greeted by a pretty code.
DiO
Get me one.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 9 2009, 06:26 PM) [snapback]1501030[/snapback]
Get me one.

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Mar 21 2009, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1491611[/snapback]
Its funny cause he is a kike and likes men.

NO
DiO
Dude, It wont even work....
bOnEs
beta starts june 3rd... i just wanted to let you guys know since, i didn't see a post in here saying the date of the beta... who's all got codes for this? i'd like to know just in case i need to add some of you to my friends list because my current friends didn't get the beta laugh.gif...
ENVi3
Beta is now available for download.
Kamahl
bah, no beta for me, my infamous copy didnt come with a code
TheAnalogKid2112
My code doesn't work because it wasn't activated at the register, lol.
bOnEs
it's ok... there's only one team deathmatch match and only one co-op mission... the co-op mission was frikin hard, they just kept trowing enemies at you from all angles... it didn't let you get comfortable at all..

the TD sucked for me because, i am not a big deathmatch kinda guy... plus, it didn't help that there were people on there that must of been playing for HOURS... there's a money/level ranking system and by the time i was done (few matches on both modes) i had a rating of 3... but, i was playing against a bunch of people ranked 12-16... like i said, i was playing against a bunch of people that have been playing that same map all evening... and there was two different deathmatch modes... regular and plunder mode... but, no one EVER picked the plunder mode, i really wanted to see what that was about... but, apparently only people care about is deathmatches...

the game looked awesome though... that's the one thing i do take away from this beta... and the music... it's gonna be an epic game, that's what i can tell you... but, i doubt i'll play much more of the deathmatch mode because of how frustrating i can get over it when i can't kill anyone!! had the same problem with COD4 and gave up on that as well... i mean, the beta had just come out yet, people were running around like they've been playing it for months... knew where the good weapons were, knew how to get on the balconies, etc... two shot kills when i sat there and unload a clip on them to no avail...

worth looking into if you got the code but, don't pull your hair out because you don't have the code... it's not that interesting... like i said, the graphics and music were GREAT, and the only thing i took away from the beta... the co-op mode showed promise but, the deathmatch mode was like any other one you've played... i'm sure there will be more to the online modes and it shows good promise... but, the meat and potatoes will be the single player campaign and that looks like it's gonna rock!!
DuPz0r
I got the special edition, and no beta code. But i did get a promo code for downloadable content for infamous. It was a new weapon skill type thing. Looks pretty good. But i would still have liked a beta code tbh...
bOnEs
i can't seem to get the sword (kratos like) weapons to work in the game... i do what the screen tells me to do, "hold right on the pad to bring them out" but, nothing ever happens... not sure what i am doing wrong but, i'd like to see em in action... sounds like i'll have to wait a while till i officially unlock them through the story... then, what's the point of getting them early if i can't use em...
DuPz0r
You have to download the content after the game installed. Try re-downloading it. Then you goto Powers menu, on the pause menu, and right at the end it has the blades. You have to clickon it i think to add it to your abilites. then once you've done that, just press left ont he d-pad and he'll flick them out. They look pretty cool, and it is really satisfying killing people with them, compared to the normal melee attack.
bOnEs
QUOTE(DuPz0r™ @ Jun 3 2009, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1506531[/snapback]
You have to download the content after the game installed. Try re-downloading it. Then you goto Powers menu, on the pause menu, and right at the end it has the blades. You have to clickon it i think to add it to your abilites. then once you've done that, just press left ont he d-pad and he'll flick them out. They look pretty cool, and it is really satisfying killing people with them, compared to the normal melee attack.

did all that... i downloaded it a while after i was playing the game... i realized i had a code for special powers (didn't know i got those with the pre-order, thought i got uncharted beta for pre-order)... but, nothings working, and i'm pretty sure i clicked on it in the powers menu because i wanted to see how you use them... i'll try again next time i play though... i haven't played this in a few days, maybe i'll play it tonight...
ENVi3
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 3 2009, 11:08 AM) [snapback]1506466[/snapback]
it' no one EVER picked the plunder mode, i really wanted to see what that was about... but, apparently only people care about is deathmatches...

it's basically like capture the flag ...or, well more like Collection in Warhawk.
i played it but i had no idea what was going on ... like in alot of games, some obj games are pretty much deathmatch

i myself liked the co-op ... except the game throws enemies at you from all directions. seriously, i know there's two other people and you can each cover a direction, but that doesn't stop the enemy from shooting at your back.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ Jun 4 2009, 11:32 PM) [snapback]1506732[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 3 2009, 11:08 AM) [snapback]1506466[/snapback]
it' no one EVER picked the plunder mode, i really wanted to see what that was about... but, apparently only people care about is deathmatches...

it's basically like capture the flag ...or, well more like Collection in Warhawk.
i played it but i had no idea what was going on ... like in alot of games, some obj games are pretty much deathmatch

i myself liked the co-op ... except the game throws enemies at you from all directions. seriously, i know there's two other people and you can each cover a direction, but that doesn't stop the enemy from shooting at your back.

yea, that co-op mode is quite frantic... it ridiculous the amount of enemies they throw at you... i must of died about 6-8 times... lol, and only one person tried to keep me alive... the other guy literally ignore me numerous times... he stood right next to me a couple of times and never even attempted to revive me... asshole... i shot a rocket at him once when he wasn't looking but, i didn't get him...
DiO
Some gameplay. Looks fucking amazing.

[youtube]ZkQYGnLlVk4[/youtube]
bOnEs
that's from the E3 demo right? yea, that did look pretty amazing... and you can tell the action is gonna be intense and super fun to play... and the levels are gonna be loaded with little puzzles like the ones you see in the demo... outside of god of war, uncharted has some of the best puzzles...

take a look at my new signature art biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 10 2009, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1507265[/snapback]

No no no! You can't make me!
bOnEs
QUOTE(ASSMAN @ Jun 10 2009, 02:28 PM) [snapback]1507269[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 10 2009, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1507265[/snapback]

No no no! You can't make me!

no i can't... but, it's gonna be hard to not notice the beauty when your scrolling thru topics biggrin.gif...
Kamahl
i got a code yesterday!!! :) i still havent played it cause it was late but i downloaded it. So im gonna install it and play it later.
DiO
If I had a code I wouldn't even consider how late it is. Play that shit!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.