Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huge Best Buy Video Game Sales Extravaganza
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
I just came across this on Cheap Ass Gamer, big sale at Best Buy, lots of $10 games.
Here's the link and the list:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221773

Starting 4/26 BB has marked down tons of titles at 9.99$. This list includes over 50 titles for 360, PS3, Wii, and DS.

Stock is YMMV but the list is the same throughout all BB. Its Best Buy, my details are scarce with this. They did not give me much info but its not YMMV as it was said throughout the company.

Edit: Removed Starting, my resource said all titles at 10$.

Edit 2: I have no word that they are at risk stock but i assume they will be so they wish to get rid of them at said price. I do work for them

Edit 3: Ok I have more information for everyone. Below will be the actual list i have pulled and many stores may have started placing stickers on the games (look for a Best Buy logo sticker on the game). The actual date to start to sticker is 4/19 but the sale is 4/26.

PS3:
007: Quantum of Solace
Blitz 2
Bolt
Bourne Conspiracy
Cliver Barker's Jericho
Disney Sing It w/Mic
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Ferrari Challenge
Fracture
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Hail to the Chimp
Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions
MLB 08: The Show
NBA Ballers Chosen One
NFL Head Coach
NFL Tour
Overlord: Raising Hell
Pure
Rock Band
Rock Revolution
Singstar ABBA
Singstar Vol 2
Soul Calibur 4
TNA Impact

360:
007 Quantum of Solace
Alone in the Dark
Blitz 2
Bolt
Bourne Conspiracy
C&C 3: Kanes Wrath
C&C: Red Alert 3
Clive Barkers Jericho
Condemned 2
Devil May Cry 4
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Fracture
Golden Compass
Hellboy
Infinite Undiscovery
NBA Ballers Chosen One
NFL Head Coach 09
NFL Tour
NHL 2k9
Operation Darkness
Pure
Ratatouie
Rock Revolution
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Solder of Fortune 3
Soul Calibur 4
Spiderwick Chronicles
TNA Impact
Too Human
Turning Point
Turok
Universe at War
Unreal Tournament 3
Wall-E
Warhammer Battle March
WWE 2008

Wii:
BATTLE OF THE BANDS
NAKED BROTHERS BAND W/MICR
PETZ CRAZY MONKEYZ
Popstar Guitar
RUBIKS WORLD
SAMBA DE AMIGO
TALES OF DESPERAUX
THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR

PS2:
Bolt
Dancing with the Stars
Disney's High School Muiscal (It ends there, so I'm not sure if it's 2 or what)
Disney Sing It w/ Microphones
High School Musical 3 (Two versions are listed??)
Monster Lab
Naked Brothers Band w/microphone
Shrek's Carnival Craze
Singstar Country Bundle
The Golden Compass
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Think Fast with controllers

DS:
Cheetah Girls: Passport
Disney: Cory in the House
Energy Dance Squad
Engergy Gym rockets
Igor
Imagine Ballet Star
Imagine Movie Star
Imagine Rock Star
Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon
My Fashion Studio
Naked Bros Band
Neopets
Ninja Gaiden: DS
Ninja Reflex
Petz Rescue Endangered
Prince of Persia
Quantum of Solace
Rock Revolution
Tales of Desperaux
Tecmo Bowl
Ultimate Band
WWE 2009 Smack

AGAIN THIS STARTS 4/26 !!
Full Metal Monkey
If only i had an NTSC Xbox 360. Theres some games on that list which ive been considering getting and if their only $10 then its worth buying even if its shite.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm getting Red Alert 3 and contemplating Quantum of Solace.

I'm going there at lunch to see if the games are already tagged. If not, I'll be there first thing Sunday morning, after my wake and bake.
Hardcore Ottoman
Hm, no decent games for the Wii. Thanks for the heads up though.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 24 2009, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1498338[/snapback]

I'm going there at lunch to see if the games are already tagged. If not, I'll be there first thing Sunday morning, after my wake and bake.

Give me a shout when you get Red Alert 3. I brought it a few weeks ago but haven't played it much, i was personally abit disapointed with it but then i've always prefered the Tiberian Sun series over Red Alert.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Apr 24 2009, 10:43 AM) [snapback]1498344[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 24 2009, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1498338[/snapback]

Give me a shout when you get Red Alert 3. I brought it a few weeks ago but haven't played it much, i was personally abit disapointed with it but then i've always prefered the Tiberian Sun series over Red Alert.

Will do, sent you a friend request as well.
Ex-PS Fanboy
There doin a thing like this at my local EB games as well, my neighbour just picked up mirrors edge and Mercenaries 2 for $15 each!
DiO
None of those PS3 games I want. sad.gif
Massacre
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 24 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1498352[/snapback]
There doin a thing like this at my local EB games as well, my neighbour just picked up mirrors edge and Mercenaries 2 for $15 each!

O rly? A pair of games I wanted to play, but didn't want to risk $60 on. If this is only in Canada, I'm going to cry. A little.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 24 2009, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1498378[/snapback]

O rly? A pair of games I wanted to play, but didn't want to risk $60 on. If this is only in Canada, I'm going to cry. A little.

Yeah for real, I really want Mercs 2.
PabloHoneyOle
I went to Best Buy at lunch and couldn't find Red Alert 3. I did see Mercs 2, it was 50% off $29.99.
Not quite $10... yet.

I called another store and they have it; just not sure on the price point. Fuck. I got to call back.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 24 2009, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1498401[/snapback]

I think i might head back there and pick it up as well
Massacre
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 24 2009, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1498421[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 24 2009, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1498401[/snapback]

I think i might head back there and pick it up as well

Pick up an extra copy and mail it to me, I'll send you $15. Shipping's on you, though.
Mr Pink
There are couple of games on there which I really wanna get. Heard Pure was good so might give it a shot along with DMC4 and SC4. Plus even I am going to get bored of the games I can just trade them in on Goozex for 3 times the price.
TheAnalogKid2112
Yay. I'm gonna get Quantum of Solace without even thinking about it. $10 is way too good to pass up, and I could use a good new shooter.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 25 2009, 09:14 PM) [snapback]1498649[/snapback]
Yay. I'm gonna get Quantum of Solace without even thinking about it. $10 is way too good to pass up, and I could use a good new shooter.

No surprise your cheap kike ass is taking advantage of this.
TheAnalogKid2112
Fucking mongoloid.
Massacre
You've got no right to get pissed about that comment, 'log. You walked right into it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Let's keep the kike comments to the Asylum, and let me be have my opinion in the general fucking topics.
Massacre
'k wub.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I went to Best Buy near me and they only had 200 copies of Rock Revolution. I got a raincheck for Red Alert 3. Piss off the pope.
Mr Pink
I got into Best Buy they had Rock Revolutin, NFL Head Coach, Bond game for DS, and Spanish version of Halo 3.

Fuck.
bOnEs
i'm only interested in NFL head coach 09 and NBA ballers: choosen one for the PS3... quantum of solace is an intriguing possibility but, i always like to get EA's NFL games when they drop in price like this... they're decent football simulators but, i hate having to buy one for $60 every single damn year when i can wait for last years game to drop to $10... it's not exactly madden but, it's a sports strategy game... it's fun being the head coach biggrin.gif...

and i've been needing to get a basketball game for years now... it's not the traditional game but, it's still basketball, and it's 10 fucking dollars!! plus, i like the "NBA Jam"-type arcade games anyways...

hopefully they still got copies because, i'll take two games for $20 any day... or 3 games for $30...
TheAnalogKid2112
Aaaah. So I went to Best Buy about an hour after they opened. Almost everything was sold out! Fortunately, the game I wanted, Quantum of Solace, was there. And I got extremely lucky! I managed to score the collector's edition! That comes packaged in a metallic "007" case and has a bonus disc full of "behind-the-scenes videos with actors from both the game and the motion picture." It ALSO came with a killer 007 t-shirt that I happen to be wearing atm.
I was also bummed that GH3 wasn't there, but really, been there done that.

I'm happy! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 27 2009, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1499063[/snapback]
plus, i like the "NBA Jam"-type arcade games anyways...

I used to love that game! biggrin.gif
Massacre
The games I wanted were sold out... In a fit of rage, I killed two cats and a hobo on the way home.
TheAnalogKid2112
Did you save me one of the cats?
Massacre
Sorry... I still have one of the hobo's fingers, but I was going to sell it to Sonora Cruz.
TheAnalogKid2112
I'll take it when you come visit me on June 2nd for our heroin binge.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm pretty sure someone went in there and cleaned them out of the popular titles that are now on eBay with a 100-200% markup.
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol, sounds very likely. I'd do it if I had thought of it.
PabloHoneyOle
I went to Walmart today with a Best Buyer flyer to get a price match. Walmart had 800 copies of every game Best Buy (right next door) was selling all marked at MSRP. I don't think this Walmart was popular with gamers, it's more of a crackhead Walmart... Anyway, the kid working in the electronics department said they weren't honoring the prices because they weren't an electronics store. I said FUCK THAT GET A MANAGER. The manager honored the price.

I finally got Red Alert 3, for only $10.

I would have gotten QoS and SCIV, but they weren't listed in the advert. I was going to get PURE (it was marked $60), but I'm not a big fan of those kind of games (even though I heard it was brilliant).
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 1 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1499837[/snapback]
I went to Walmart today with a Best Buyer flyer to get a price match. Walmart had 800 copies of every game Best Buy (right next door) was selling all marked at MSRP. I don't think this Walmart was popular with gamers, it's more of a crackhead Walmart... Anyway, the kid working in the electronics department said they weren't honoring the prices because they weren't an electronics store. I said FUCK THAT GET A MANAGER. The manager honored the price.

I finally got Red Alert 3, for only $10.

I would have gotten QoS and SCIV, but they weren't listed in the advert. I was going to get PURE (it was marked $60), but I'm not a big fan of those kind of games (even though I heard it was brilliant).

A lot of people don't have the balls to even query the price of a product let alone demand to see the manager, it just shows what you can save if you stand your ground with these corporations.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 1 2009, 02:05 PM) [snapback]1499842[/snapback]
A lot of people don't have the balls to even query the price of a product let alone demand to see the manager, it just shows what you can save if you stand your ground with these corporations.

Agreed.

I've stopped taking shit from people; especially in customer service. Just asking for a manager, mentioning the shape of the economy and threatening to take your business elsewhere can get you just about anything in today's economic climate.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I just went to EBG for the last day of the sale. Mercenaries 2-$18 bucks total!
Marney1
I traded Resistance 2 and got 13 credited to my 'GAME' store card. The first place I went offered me 5 cash or 7 credit towards another game but Stoic's post popped up in my head and I went to GAME instead.
Shop around people!
I was happy with that now my girl can put it toward The Sims 3 whenever that's out. (Shit I'm gonna need another TV when she gets that)

And another PS3! Fuck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.