Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pool minigame rules
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Karl0
Search only came up with patch notes about lighting, an something about controllers.
Where the HELL did the programmers learn to play? I have played with people from Europe, Asia, the Middle East, India, various places in the eastern half of the US, and I have NEVER run into anyone who used the rules that Rockstar has. A scratch is NOT ball in hand by default. No rails hit = scratch, sinking opponent's ball even if you hit/sunk yours first = scratch, missing all balls = scratch, un-freakin believable. Anyone else find the rules unusual?
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Karl0 @ Apr 22 2009, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1497889[/snapback]
Search only came up with patch notes about lighting, an something about controllers.
Where the HELL did the programmers learn to play? I have played with people from Europe, Asia, the Middle East, India, various places in the eastern half of the US, and I have NEVER run into anyone who used the rules that Rockstar has. A scratch is NOT ball in hand by default. No rails hit = scratch, sinking opponent's ball even if you hit/sunk yours first = scratch, missing all balls = scratch, un-freakin believable. Anyone else find the rules unusual?

those are all APA rules..

any fouls are scratches and ball in hand.
Karl0
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 22 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1497907[/snapback]
QUOTE(Karl0 @ Apr 22 2009, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1497889[/snapback]

those are all APA rules..

any fouls are scratches and ball in hand.

Im guessing APA is American Pool Association? Like I said, Ive never run into them before, ever, and theyre lame as hell. If I had any modding ability, Id put in different rules.
Qdeathstar
well, those are the rules...

Karl0
I know, but they SUCK! mad.gif
Marney1
QUOTE(Karl0 @ Apr 23 2009, 02:00 AM) [snapback]1497985[/snapback]
I know, but they SUCK! mad.gif

Nothing seems to be working in your favour lately.
Karl0
LMAO! You got that right! Graphics have been screwed up since I got the game.
HEAT84
QUOTE(Karl0 @ Apr 22 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1497889[/snapback]
A scratch is NOT ball in hand by default.

What else would it be?

I've only played computer pool and I've noticed different games have different rules. After scratches some of them only allow you spot the ball around the area where it is when you break. I think this is the first game that allows you to put the ball anywhere after a scratch. I thought that was only for 9 ball.

I've never heard of no rails hit=scratch though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.