Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post a Photo You Have Taken
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Jasonhh
I've lived in NYC all my life and decided to take some pics for the first time. Sorry for the quality but I did pretty good for using only a 1 megapixel phone camera.

World Trade Center Site

One Liberty Plaza

HSBC Bank Building

Almost the entire Manhattan skyline
TreeFitty
That's the way it is. You live somewhere interesting but never take pictures of anything because you and a lot of your friends live there and see it all everyday.

Then there's out-of-staters like me who take pictures of EVERYTHING.

Oh and a pic:
Jasonhh
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 20 2009, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1497477[/snapback]
Did you really take these yourself?

What was the camera you used for your Iraq and Afghanistan pictures?

I honestly did, it was a very nice morning and I looked up and saw how nice the sun was reflecting off the buildings and the only thing I had on me was my crappy phone so I flipped it out and started snapping away. I can't really remember what camera I used in Iraq, I am sure it wasn't a DSLR because that would be a break the first 2 days with all the sand and dust and how fuckin hot and humid it was.

QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Apr 20 2009, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1497478[/snapback]
That's the way it is. You live somewhere interesting but never take pictures of anything because you and a lot of your friends live there and see it all everyday.

Then there's out-of-staters like me who take pictures of EVERYTHING.

Oh and a pic:

Geez, I didn't realize Liberty Ave went all the way to Jersey, if you follow it west all the way to the train stations on Lefferts Blvd you'll find some good ass chinese food.
Heartless
You're still a liar.
TwoFacedTanner
I don't live in NYC, but heres some pictures I've taken around the town I live in.
All taken with my LG VU

Heartless
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 20 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1497495[/snapback]
QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 21 2009, 04:39 AM) [snapback]1497492[/snapback]
You're still a liar.

Hey, you can't say that. This lad's a war hero.

Bullshit he is.
TreeFitty
QUOTE(Jasonhh @ Apr 20 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1497487[/snapback]
Geez, I didn't realize Liberty Ave went all the way to Jersey, if you follow it west all the way to the train stations on Lefferts Blvd you'll find some good ass chinese food.

If there is one thing walking around NYC has taught me, its that you can build a Chinese food place anywhere.
TheAnalogKid2112

But seriously, I've never taken any pictures of my city. Too many, ya know?
macorules94
^^ That made me laugh for 10 minutes tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle

I didn't take this picture, but does it really matter?
Indy
my garden in the snow
Jasonhh
QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 20 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1497492[/snapback]
You're still a liar.

I kinda got you thought I was because I had some pics from a different division. I don't know why I would pretend to be a soldier after all the people who die fighting for our country. Guess I googled all those pics and posted them just to seem cool because in real life I have no real friends. notworthy.gif
Marney1
QUOTE(Jasonhh @ Apr 22 2009, 11:36 PM) [snapback]1497938[/snapback]
QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 20 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1497492[/snapback]
You're still a liar.

I kinda got you thought I was because I had some pics from a different division. I don't know why I would pretend to be a soldier after all the people who die fighting for our country. Guess I googled all those pics and posted them just to seem cool because in real life I have no real friends. notworthy.gif

You said it 'soldier'.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Don't forget I have eight and a half years more experience than you and I only did eight and a half years which means you have done - erm now let me me think, how many did you do?
Anyway more pictures of your heroic deeds please I find them really interesting.
Full Metal Monkey
Here are some of my old phone photos which are still kicking about on my Photobucket account. I think some of them i posted last year. Ive got some nice 'nature' photos too which ill have to upload to Photobucket later.

Love the licence plate. I saw a crappy looking Lexus 4x4 yesterday and the plate read V3 NUS

Marney1
I've just figured out how to connect my phone to my laptop via Bluetooth so here's a pic of the view from my window.
Click to view attachment
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Apr 23 2009, 08:34 AM) [snapback]1498074[/snapback]
Here are some of my old phone photos which are still kicking about on my Photobucket account. I think some of them i posted last year. Ive got some nice 'nature' photos too which ill have to upload to Photobucket later.

Love the licence plate. I saw a crappy looking Lexus 4x4 yesterday and the plate read V3 NUS

Those are some nice fucking cars. There a dealership for really expensive cars where you live or something?
OptimumPx
These are some of my NYC vacation photos that I've uploaded to Wikipedia. smile.gif

Plaza Hotel seen from across The Pond in Central Park

The Statue of Liberty

The Coney Island Parachute Jump

Hearst Tower
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ May 29 2009, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1505366[/snapback]
These are some of my NYC vacation photos that I've uploaded to Wikipedia. smile.gif

I stayed there smile.gif

Great pictures, OPx
Pieface
Pieface

Here are some of the photo's I took on a recent trip to spain, processed and cropped a bit.
asthenia
Resized down from 3000 and something to 1024x768 (small for the noobs, sorry big-screeners)

This Is Mosh:
[img=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4904/2009737.th.jpg]

Peace, brothers:
[img=http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8766/2009684.th.jpg]

This Is Pickles:
[img=http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3653/2009421.th.jpg]

Those are just from my '09 folder, I'll grab some proper photo's another time.
TheAnalogKid2112
Your cat is beautiful.
OptimumPx
I got a new camera last week, and it has a fireworks mode so I tested it out on the 4th.

It takes the picture with a long exposure time, so you get cool pictures when waving around sparklers.

TheAnalogKid2112
Holy shit! Very cool! Especially the last one.
Pieface
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jul 7 2009, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1511567[/snapback]
I got a new camera last week, and it has a fireworks mode so I tested it out on the 4th.

What camera have you got? I'm guessing some form of DSLR with choosing the long exposure times.
Indy
I want to buy a camera. Those pictures are pretty sik OPX
asthenia
Gotta love long exposure, OPX. Might have to take my cam out and play about for abit. Raining atm, though.

Thanks Analog, she's a bitch too. Vicious.
OptimumPx
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 7 2009, 06:06 AM) [snapback]1511599[/snapback]

What camera have you got? I'm guessing some form of DSLR with choosing the long exposure times.

Sony DSC-W290
asthenia
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jul 7 2009, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1511668[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 7 2009, 06:06 AM) [snapback]1511599[/snapback]

Sony DSC-W290

I have the 8mpx one of those for general shooting, and a Nikon D40. Saving for a D90.
Pieface
Ah Right, I got a Nikon D60. Can't buy anything for it though so stuck with the Kit Lens.
Indy
Taken off my phone, pictures of my garden:

Didn't bother editing them or anything.
Marney1
Lovely garden Indy, do you have one of those 'sit on' lawnmowers?
Indy
Unfortunately no, I have a petrol mower, takes me about an hour and a half to do the entire thing.
Pieface
Marney1
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 17 2009, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1513273[/snapback]

What's the story behind this pic?
Pieface
QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 17 2009, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1513309[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Jul 17 2009, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1513273[/snapback]

What's the story behind this pic?

It's just a defence tower in Almunecar, where I went on Holiday.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Indy @ Jul 13 2009, 01:35 AM) [snapback]1512515[/snapback]
Taken off my phone, pictures of my garden:

Didn't bother editing them or anything.

I dont have a garden. Stupid luxury apartment....
Marney1
Is this Full Metal Monkey?
Indy
Nope. He has pictures of himself in the "Post a picture of yourself" topic though.
Pieface

There's another from Almunecar.
TheAnalogKid2112

<333
DuPz0r
SKUNKBALL! You stoner...
TheAnalogKid2112
smile.gif I like that picture. I was feeling artsy.
Massacre
Nice. That's fucking classy. Good job staying out of the mirror, too.
new major on the block
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 3 2009, 09:34 AM) [snapback]1510854[/snapback]
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ May 29 2009, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1505366[/snapback]

I stayed there smile.gif

Great pictures, OPx

LOL. Must've paid an arm and a leg then. I stayed at the Village Inn Hostel at 41 dollars a night for a whole week at the end of May. Heres a pic of the back of the hostel with my cellphone. not exactly a breathtaking view of central park but it has its presence of New York in it lol. Along with a few other camera pics of the city. I also got alot of pics i took with my 8 megapixel camera but the files are too big to load on here, unless someone knows how to do it the right way.

And met Anthony Bordain from the travel channels No Reservations.
TwoFacedTanner
Well it ain't New York, but...I took the picture haha.

OptimumPx
More pictures from my New York trip.

Marney1
I might still be a little drunk but my first thought was Playstation 2.
new major on the block
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Aug 1 2009, 06:43 AM) [snapback]1516291[/snapback]
More pictures from my New York trip.

I wish i would've went to coney island while i was there. Oh well, next time i'll check it out.

But did enjoy visiting here lol
TheAnalogKid2112
I guess I could post these here. Not skillfully taken or mind-blowing, but I think they're pretty decent. Judas Priest.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.