Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome To The Jedi Church
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Marney1
http://www.jedichurch.org/

Can't believe this is a recognised religion.

Saying that though, I've just read the Jedi Doctrine and it makes more sense than most other religions IMO.
ViceMan
It has been for a good few years now, at least 5.

http://www.jedichurch.org/webapps/site/444...mographics.html

Seems some of their members were born in the late 1800s.

Jeez, I used to be in a clan for the game Jedi Academy, but this really takes the biscuit.
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 20 2009, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1497350[/snapback]

Jeez, I used to be in a clan for the game Jedi Academy, but this really takes the biscuit.

Yeah it appears that quite a few are about 120 years old, and most of them are students.
Aren't students supposed to be the future of our world?
ViceMan
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 20 2009, 06:49 PM) [snapback]1497353[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 20 2009, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1497350[/snapback]

Yeah it appears that quite a few are about 120 years old, and most of them are students.
Aren't students supposed to be the future of our world?

Possibly. The dark side has clouded my vision, I cannot answer that question at this time. Perhaps the older members are proficient in force hibernation.
Massacre
A church? So be it, Jedis...

*Force lightning*
Ex-PS Fanboy
Everyone arm your Phasers!
Massacre
Phasers? Fucking trekkies...
Pieface
Many students from England. *Thinks of joining the bandwagon*
ViceMan
I have a tendancy to stay as far away from the bandwagon as possible. Fuck [acronym="Ast"]conformity[/acronym]!
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 20 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1497437[/snapback]
I have a tendancy to stay as far away from the bandwagon as possible. Fuck [acronym="Ast"]conformity[/acronym]!

Yeah your one of the few to keep your own name...................hey, WTF ^
psychÝ
The only reason there are so many members is due to in the last census there was some viral internet thing going on and if enough people put down a certain thing on the census it becomes a recognised religion by the state, so as religion is a complete joke everyone did it for a laugh.
ViceMan
Yup I remember that, like I say it was a good few years ago now.
Skinny†
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 21 2009, 07:59 AM) [snapback]1497455[/snapback]
The only reason there are so many members is due to in the last census there was some viral internet thing going on and if enough people put down a certain thing on the census it becomes a recognised religion by the state, so as religion is a complete joke everyone did it for a laugh.

Quite a wide spread joke, apparently.
DiO
Jedi Marriage Vows

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your husband, and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner? In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your wife, and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner? In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Jedi ______ and Jedi ___________ have consented together in marriage. They have pledged their faith in each other as witnessed before us. They have promised to be truthful and devoted to each another. In the name of the Jedi faith, I pronounce them husband and wife. May the force be with them!
Marney1
I do don't! ^
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
As a philosophy, I greatly prefer it to religions of the Abrahamic tradition.

And it has a sweet ass audio-visual Bible
Heartless
Just call me Darth. I like my anger, my hatred, my genocide.
Leon Kennedy
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ May 2 2009, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1499995[/snapback]
Jedi Marriage Vows

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your husband, and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner? In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Do you Jedi ______ take Jedi _______ to be your wife, and do you promise before the Jedi Church and these witnesses that you will be a true and devoted partner? In forces of darkness and forces of light, wherever you may go and whatever you may face, do you promise to share your life in marriage with Jedi ________?

Jedi ______ and Jedi ___________ have consented together in marriage. They have pledged their faith in each other as witnessed before us. They have promised to be truthful and devoted to each another. In the name of the Jedi faith, I pronounce them husband and wife. May the force be with them!

Isn't Jedi marriage technically against the Jedi order's code? I mean, this is one of the reasons Anakin totally lost his mind - he couldn't be with Padme in public, and he couldn't let anyone know he was hitting that because he would have been exiled. So if a Jedi marries another Jedi, wouldn't they both get tossed?
Massacre
Good point, Manson. I follow the Sith lifestyle, myself, so I'm not sure, but I think this Jedi religion more closely follows the novels' lore than the films'.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ May 13 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1501675[/snapback]
Jedi Marriage Vows

Isn't Jedi marriage technically against the Jedi order's code? I mean, this is one of the reasons Anakin totally lost his mind - he couldn't be with Padme in public, and he couldn't let anyone know he was hitting that because he would have been exiled. So if a Jedi marries another Jedi, wouldn't they both get tossed?

I'm going to sound like a right Star Wars geek here but fuck it; the (Old) Jedi Order prohibited marriage, after Luke took over and established the New Jedi Order marriage was allowed since the Jedi's numbers were so diminished.
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 13 2009, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1501711[/snapback]
QUOTE(Marilyn.Manson @ May 13 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1501675[/snapback]
Jedi Marriage Vows

I'm going to sound like a right Star Wars geek here but fuck it; the (Old) Jedi Order prohibited marriage, after Luke took over and established the New Jedi Order marriage was allowed since the Jedi's numbers were so diminished.

You should go on Mastermind Vicey -subject STARWARS.
Indy
Darth Sexy owns star wars.
b1b23

WTF!?
Leon Kennedy
Although I'm a self-proclaimed star wars nerd, I still couldn't attend a wedding for this religion if all of the groomsmen looked like...

Indy
i wonder how that dudes going to drink that
Pieface
QUOTE(Ind• @ May 26 2009, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1504633[/snapback]
i wonder how that dudes going to drink that

It looks like Strongbow. He isn't missing much.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
The films and the novels share the same essential narrative, they're part of one continuity.

Non-canon works exist, where writers can choose to ignore the events of an item should it suit them. This is especially true of the infinities series...

By the way, everyone who claims to be a Sith itc can't be telling the truth, it defies the Rule of Two.

AKA SUCK MY DICK
Indy
QUOTE(Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 3 2009, 03:32 AM) [snapback]1506385[/snapback]
blah balah lalla ablah blah bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaablah balah lalla ablah blah bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
blah balah lalla ablah blah bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaablah balah lalla ablah blah bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
blah balah lalla ablah blah balah lalla ablah blah bllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AKA SUCK MY DICK

angry.gif

ok.
DuPz0r
In my opinion Jedi seems more acceptable as a religion then christian or catholic does, to be honest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.