Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrestling Video Game Blamed For Child's Parachuting Death
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
Friends of 9-year-old Damori Miles of Brooklyn, New York, claim the boy was imitating moves from WWE SmackDown vs Raw when he jumped off of his apartment rooftop to his death wearing a makeshift parachute.

The boy's was found on the ground outside his apartment building at 7pm on Tuesday night, wrapped in the string and plastic he used to try and recreate a parachute in order to dive off of his thirteen story apartment building. He died an hour later at the Interfaith Medical Center.
And what was the WWE's response? Along with pointing out that no WWE or RAW characters jump off of roofs wearing parachutes, WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman had the following to say:

"The death of Damori Miles is a tragedy and our condolences go out to his family," he said. "We should allow the authorities to conduct a full investigation... including insecure roof access, before conclusions are made about this unfortunate incident."

This is the most sense the WWE has made to me in decades. The roof should have been locked. Neighbors said that an alarm should have gone off, but it had not. The boy's mother had left him alone to go to the store. A 9-year-old who had received special education instruction, left alone to his own devices.

So many other factors, yet the one aspect most of the mainstream press are picking up on is the fact that he played a wrestling video game. A video game based on a sport regularly aired on television, where the same moves are shown on a regular basis.

http://kotaku.com/5214593/wrestling-video-...rachuting-death

When I die, no matter how I go, will someone please blame my death on videogames. If you can blame it on "Bubble Bobble", I would certainly rest in peace.
Ex-PS Fanboy
This shit is getting ridiculous. If I die in a car accident is it video games fault as well?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 16 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1496214[/snapback]
This shit is getting ridiculous. If I die in a car accident is it video games fault as well?

What driving videogames do you have that we could blame it on?
Ex-PS Fanboy
All Midnight Clubs, Gran Turismo 3, Burnout: Revenge and GTA.

Nice name change...
Massacre
Show me a motherfucker doing a moonsault from the top of an apartment building on WWE programming. It's totally the game's fault though. Subliminal messages must have told the mom to leave her retarded son home alone.

Hopefully when I die, there will be some way to blame Manhunt. The first one, not the shitty sequel...
Marney1
'Son why did you take those magic mushrooms?'
'Well mummy, you know that Super Mario game............
Massacre
That was the the first truly lol post you've made on here. Although I've heard it somewhere else before.
PabloHoneyOle
I smoke pot because in Resident Evil; red and green herbs heal you.
ViceMan
Hmm, maybe he was watching the infamous Owen Hart match.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 16 2009, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1496290[/snapback]

LOL...
Pieface
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 16 2009, 07:19 PM) [snapback]1496290[/snapback]

Still no Parachute in that, just a rope.
bOnEs
maybe he was imitating MC hammer and used parachute pants instead...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 16 2009, 12:26 PM) [snapback]1496318[/snapback]
maybe he was imitating MC hammer and used parachute pants instead...

Shuddub
Mr Pink
Don't leave your retarded kid alone at home next time. I am wondering how'd hell the kid got up on roof unnoticed in the first place? Living in Brooklyn they just keep it locked.
Darth Sexy
Brb, frog splashing off my roof.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Mr Pink @ Apr 16 2009, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1496387[/snapback]
Don't leave your retarded kid alone at home next time.

Haha, There won't be a next time.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 17 2009, 08:00 AM) [snapback]1496480[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mr Pink @ Apr 16 2009, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1496387[/snapback]
Don't leave your retarded kid alone at home next time.

Haha, There won't be a next time.

Christ.

This is the Crown Height;s Building that he jumped from.

I'm going to find this building in GTA4 and see if Niko can survive the fall.

Needless to say, this was project housing he jumped from...

Also...
Neighbor Jeffery Banks, 40, said he saw the boy fly by his window as he sat inside his apartment with his wife.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brookl...tigating_c.html
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Marney Eater @ Apr 17 2009, 09:40 AM) [snapback]1496494[/snapback]
Also...
Neighbor Jeffery Banks, 40, said he saw the boy fly by his window as he sat inside his apartment with his wife.

Ah, it's such a lovely day outside, dear. Maybe we should - Oh look, a little boy - go for a walk in the park.
ViceMan
Actually, come to think of it I can't remember any wrestling matches where a wrestler jumped off a 13 storey project building in Brooklyn. Not a single one...and they say wrestling storylines are varied, pfft.
Marney1
[youtube]wIUEP5QJ5QM[/youtube]
Should have used a parachute ^
ViceMan
Yeah it's a shame no video footage of that exists, it'd be horrifically epic. All 5 seconds of it.
Marney1
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 18 2009, 09:26 PM) [snapback]1496875[/snapback]
Yeah it's a shame no video footage of that exists, it'd be horrifically epic. All 5 seconds of it.

I remember hearing about it when it happened and I thought it happened on live TV.
trathen93
gt to be some fucked up kid to try and re-create something like that,ive watched f1 for years, just cos I like F1 doesnt make me want to go and joyride in a car, its the same principal. so why would a kid want to do that if he was normal?
Marney1
This story seems a bit dodgy to me, I mean when I was 9 years of age I think I knew the basic laws of physics but it seems this kid didn't know common sense.
He might have been thrown off - just a thought.
Massacre
The article did say that he had recieved "special education instruction," which basically means he was fucking retarded...
Marney1
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 19 2009, 01:04 AM) [snapback]1496915[/snapback]
The article did say that he had recieved "special education instruction," which basically means he was fucking retarded...

Case closed then.
psychÝ
The article is just about natural selection.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Apr 20 2009, 06:48 AM) [snapback]1497243[/snapback]
The article is just about natural selection.

I never understood that term.
Massacre
^ Survival of the fittest. If you're not smart enough to not jump off your roof, you don't deserve to live.
ViceMan
I agree, if you're not up to the task of discerning and understanding the laws of gravity by the age of one you should jump out of the gene pool.

In Яussian federation, roof jumps off of you!!
The Awesome One
hmm, on the sims on DS we can stab dogs with sticks. So we can do that in real life, right?

QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 18 2009, 07:06 PM) [snapback]1496854[/snapback]
Actually, come to think of it I can't remember any wrestling matches where a wrestler jumped off a 13 storey project building in Brooklyn. Not a single one...and they say wrestling storylines are varied, pfft.

Theres a vid on youtube when hulk hogan and the big show fight on top of a rooftop. It might not be there anymore...
Benzilla
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Apr 17 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1496473[/snapback]
Brb, frog splashing off my roof.

I lol'd.
Banana Boy
when I die as a contruction worker, please blame my death on Lego's and Tetris
Mother Fucking Ruger
That fucking Jeff Hardy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.