Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australians.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Heartless
I have been all over the world. Seen many many many places. Been to filthy places such as France, been to exceptionally clean places such as United Arab Emirates. I have seen the poorest of the ghettos in America, and the richest areas.

This... i have never in my life seen.

How do you people live like this?!

And people call Americans disgusting.
Marney1
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 15 2009, 05:07 AM) [snapback]1495888[/snapback]
I have been all over the world. Seen many many many places. Been to filthy places such as France, been to exceptionally clean places such as United Arab Emirates. I have seen the poorest of the ghettos in America, and the richest areas.

If you read the text it says 'The staff work flat out'.
Doing what? Their nails?
Heartless
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1495893[/snapback]

Doing what? Their nails?

You're not excused you british twat. Maybe I'll need to have this moved to RnR, but I hate the Euros that leave their shit all over the place. Americans may have some problems, but I've never seen one leave their food and trash on a table after dining. We clean up after ourselves. I don't know why Europeans don't. I suppose the Aussies have inherited some bad habits.

btw, where the hell is darth sexy?
Marney1
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 15 2009, 05:33 AM) [snapback]1495901[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1495893[/snapback]

Doing what? Their nails?

You're not excused you british twat. Maybe I'll need to have this moved to RnR, but I hate the Euros that leave their shit all over the place. Americans may have some problems, but I've never seen one leave their food and trash on a table after dining. We clean up after ourselves. I don't know why Europeans don't. I suppose the Aussies have inherited some bad habits.

btw, where the hell is darth sexy?

I'll have you know I never drop litter and I always put my rubbish in the bin and my tray on the stack when I visit McDonalds.
I actually suffer from OCD so I think I'll excuse myself.
Heartless
Then why do the rest of you leave your shit all over the tables? I went to a cafe in London, and they had a good laugh at the American trying to find the rubbish bin. They told me just to leave it on a table, someone would be by to get it. And the UK isn't alone, every European country seems to share this absurd mentality of someone always there to clean up after yourself.
Marney1
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 15 2009, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1495916[/snapback]
Then why do the rest of you leave your shit all over the tables? I went to a cafe in London, and they had a good laugh at the American trying to find the rubbish bin. They told me just to leave it on a table, someone would be by to get it. And the UK isn't alone, every European country seems to share this absurd mentality of someone always there to clean up after yourself.

I have no answer to that, all I know is that we were brought up not dragged up.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1495926[/snapback]

Whats that supposed to mean?
Heartless
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 15 2009, 01:45 AM) [snapback]1495940[/snapback]

I agree, I want an explanation.
Marney1
QUOTE(Ricky Gervais @ Apr 15 2009, 06:47 AM) [snapback]1495941[/snapback]

Brought up: Educated with manners and respect for others.
Dragged up: None of the above.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 01:08 AM) [snapback]1495943[/snapback]

How exactly would you know how we were brought up?
Or are you talking about the Australians?
Marney1
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 15 2009, 08:07 AM) [snapback]1495948[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 01:08 AM) [snapback]1495943[/snapback]

How exactly would you know how we were brought up?
Or are you talking about the Australians?

"We" meaning my family.
The Awesome One
What was this cafe called?

I can assure you, most cafes in london have bins. But, all over the world there are "rogue" cafes, and these are really dirty.

And in england the customers are treated as guests so we dont clean up. And the cafes in america arent that good either.

Oh, and our bins look different and there is bins in every cafe. You see, we can clean up if we want to.
Indy
I have to admit, I was really drunk on Monday and left my tray on the table.
To be honest I just don't think it's fair leaving your crap on a table, you almost always walk past a bin on the way out anyway. Just laziness.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Apr 15 2009, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1495959[/snapback]
In Britain the customers are treated as guests so we dont have to clean up.
It's part of what we pay for.
Heartless
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 16 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1496386[/snapback]

You pay someone to clean your table? Are you feeling well?
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(marney4 @ Apr 16 2009, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1496434[/snapback]

I have to pay like 12 fucking pounds for lunch in London, they'd better clean up my shit and give me a blowjob too.
Heartless
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 17 2009, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1496461[/snapback]

I have to pay like 12 fucking pounds for lunch in London, they'd better clean up my shit and give me a blowjob too.

That's what, 17, US? I can't really think of anything that costs that much here. I mean, most fast food is in the 5 dollar range, deli is 9, and after that it's all the high end, 50 or more meals, that come full service.
Darth Sexy
Hai Heartless, I was without internets access as I was in rural Victoria. Good fun.

Anyway, most of Australia does not look like that McDonald's restaurant. However, I work in fast food due to my unfortunate drug habits, and all I can say is most of the people I serve are absolute scum. I have already challenged several to fights in the car park. Luckily none have taken me up on it, as I may get the shit kicked out of me. I'd be happy if people just left the tray on the table. Instead, they seem to set out to do as much damage and make as much mess as possible, leaving me as the poor fucker who gets to clean it up.
PabloHoneyOle
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(marney4 @ Apr 16 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1496462[/snapback]
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 17 2009, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1496461[/snapback]

That's what, 17, US? I can't really think of anything that costs that much here. I mean, most fast food is in the 5 dollar range, deli is 9, and after that it's all the high end, 50 or more meals, that come full service.

Exactly. I go out to a sit-down restaurant for lunch here and pay no more than $9-10 US. In London I pay 6-8 pounds, which last time I was there translated to about $15-20 US, and I'm still waiting for that fucking blowjob.
Indy
London is really expensive though. Here in birmingham you can get your shitty fast food for about 2.99 which is about $4.50. Thats pretty much the cheapest though.
Heartless
Yeah, if I remember right, London is like a tourist trap, though similar to NYC in that people also actually live there.
macorules94
LOL

I live in Australia, and yes, its filthy

Especially Melbourne

btw, it sais your from Odesa, the Odesa in Macedonia or Ukraine? Or elsewhere
Mekstizzle
There's an Odessa in Texas too, I learnt that watching Heroes. The USA always steals the names of places from ze Old World

Anyway I think if you want to sum up Australia, watch that Simpsons episode. Bart vs Australia
macorules94
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Apr 18 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1496812[/snapback]
There's an Odessa in Texas too, I learnt that watching Heroes. The USA always steals the names of places from ze Old World

Yes but he wrote it as Одеса which is in Macedonian and Ukranian lol
Heartless
I was referring to the Ukraine.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Apr 18 2009, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1496812[/snapback]

Anyway I think if you want to sum up Australia, watch that Simpsons episode. Bart vs Australia

Nah, Rudd's too much of a prick to lie naked in a dam.
Heartless
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Apr 19 2009, 06:54 AM) [snapback]1497005[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Apr 18 2009, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1496812[/snapback]

Nah, Rudd's too much of a prick to lie naked in a dam.

"OI, MR PRIME MINISTAH"
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(GtaFan94 @ Apr 18 2009, 08:49 PM) [snapback]1496964[/snapback]

Since when is Greek written in Cyrillic? wink.gif
macorules94
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 20 2009, 07:58 AM) [snapback]1497170[/snapback]

Since when is Greek written in Cyrillic? ;)

lol its Воден (Voden)
Heartless
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 19 2009, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1497170[/snapback]

Since when is Greek written in Cyrillic? wink.gif

Cyrillic is Greek. The Slavs adapted it to fit their needs.
macorules94
No, Greek is Greek.

Cyrillic is Bulgarian-Macedonian

Which then alot of other countries adopted
Heartless
QUOTE(GtaFan94 @ Apr 20 2009, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1497231[/snapback]
No, Greek is Greek.

Fight it out with them then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabet

The Cyrillic alphabet was based on the Greek uncial script, augmented by ligatures and consonants from the older Glagolitic alphabet for sounds not found in Greek.
TwoFacedTanner
he's totally gonna use the "Wikipedia is unreliable" excuse for that bitch slap of knowledge.
macorules94
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Apr 20 2009, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1497235[/snapback]
he's totally gonna use the "Wikipedia is unreliable" excuse for that bitch slap of knowledge.

wtf?

It was based off Greek, but Greeks don't use it

That's what I meant

So it's not Greek
Un-Amurikan Bastage
QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 19 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1497234[/snapback]
No, Greek is Greek.

The Cyrillic alphabet was based on the Greek uncial script, augmented by ligatures and consonants from the older Glagolitic alphabet for sounds not found in Greek.

No shit. But it's not Greek. The English alphabet is based on the Latin script, so English is Latin, right?

My original point was that you could tell which Odesa you were referring to by the alphabet you used, which is obviously Cyrillic and not Greek or English, thus meaning you were referring to the Ukraine, in reaction to GtaFan94 saying "Yes but he wrote it as Одеса which is in Macedonian and Ukranian lol." But I was mistaken anyway, because I didn't know they used Cyrillic in Macedonia instead of Greek.
Heartless
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 20 2009, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1497480[/snapback]
QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 19 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1497234[/snapback]
No, Greek is Greek.

No shit. But it's not Greek. The English alphabet is based on the Latin script, so English is Latin, right?

My original point was that you could tell which Odesa you were referring to by the alphabet you used, which is obviously Cyrillic and not Greek or English, thus meaning you were referring to the Ukraine, in reaction to GtaFan94 saying "Yes but he wrote it as Одеса which is in Macedonian and Ukranian lol." But I was mistaken anyway, because I didn't know they used Cyrillic in Macedonia instead of Greek.

And most English Academia is Latin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.