Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hillsborough
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Marney1
April 15th 1989 was a dark day for Liverpool when 96 football fans died.
I remember the day vividly as my brothers best friend was a victim.

He lived just 2 doors away from us, RIP Carl Rimmer. (21 yrs).
PabloHoneyOle
That's how any true soccer hooligan wants to go out.

Tragic though.
Marney1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N2kBkCeRhM
The new Hillsborough song - King Kenny and some Liverpool legends contributing to the search for JUSTICE.
trathen93
I thank you for creating this topic marney1 and I thank any other football fans (in advance) for not posting anything hurtful. I know of this happening on other forums so thank you.
hillsborough is something that shows how dangerous some of the stadia were in football back then and todays stadia are much safer because of the disaster , the deaths of the 96 is not justified by this and responsibility has never been taken.
so many things weren't handled correctly and if they had been it may have been preventable.

i wasnt around then but it still hurts when april 15th comes around every year.
YNWA Always remembered, never forgotten, justice will be done
DiO
Skimmed over the wiki page for this. Holy shit.
Kamahl
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1496099[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney2 @ Apr 15 2009, 10:01 PM) [snapback]1496091[/snapback]

Is this the first you knew of it?

its not surprising, people in north america dont follow football as much as people in europe and south america
Marney1
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Apr 16 2009, 12:36 AM) [snapback]1496109[/snapback]

its not surprising, people in north america dont follow football as much as people in europe and south america

I wasn't trying to be funny if thats what you thought.
DiO
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1496111[/snapback]

Whos trying to be funny? Yes, it is the first of it. I don't know shit about football. Whether it be real football or North American Handegg. Only sport I follow is MMA.
Marney1
QUOTE(marney2 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:30 AM) [snapback]1496125[/snapback]

Whos trying to be funny? Yes, it is the first of it. I don't know shit about football. Whether it be real football or North American Handegg. Only sport I follow is MMA.

There was no malice in my question it was just a simple er.................question.
DiO
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]1496133[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney2 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:30 AM) [snapback]1496125[/snapback]

There was no malice in my question it was just a simple er.................question.

I know....
Mekstizzle
Justice? It's not like the Police did it all deliberately cos they hate Liverpool fans. It's just a series of mistakes that led to the fatal accident. You could point fingers at any number of people

-The organisers for allowing so many Liverpool fans to be there at the first place, i.e: overbooking
-Liverpool fans for coming in such numbers
-The police for not handling the bloated situation more effectively
-Stadium owners for having inadequate facilities
-The FA for having such an event take place at a crappy stadium that wasn't fit for the event

There's no "Justice" because it was an accident that was just waiting to happen considering how things were back then, too bad it took the accident to actually happen for people to wake up and start treating football matches/stadiums more seriously as a whole. Things are much better now as a result of that

One more thing: The Heysel disaster also involved Liverpool fans. Hmm...
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
I don't get the whole justice campaign tbh...
Marney1
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 17 2009, 02:24 AM) [snapback]1496391[/snapback]
I don't get the whole justice campaign tbh...

Its simply a search for who should be held accontable.
The police didn't do their job properly that day which was to ensure the safety of fans, because the game kicked off and not everyone was in the ground the game should have been delayed so as not to cause a panic.

Instead the match did kick-off so the police hearded everyone towards the nearest entrance which meant hundreds too many where directed into a (fenced) pen resulting in the people at the front being crushed.

Because of the panic which ensued with fans trying to get out but being forced back in the police decided it was the start of a riot.
The blame lies with somebody whether it be the Football Assotiation, the police or both.
People just want answers not revenge but nothing is forthcoming even now - 20 years later.

Hope this helps you to understand.[youtube]Ca52fsOZjAU[/youtube]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.