Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preowned Copies of GTA4
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...n-Used-GTA-Game

Alright, whose copy of GTA4 was it?
TreeFitty
What I find the most interesting about the article is that the son is 12. Not sure what the kid is like, but that caught my eye.
asthenia
Openly admitting to letting his 12 y/o son play an 18 rated game, and then calling for stricter policies for checking the packaging on pre owned games...

I don't know what's more retarded.
Mekstizzle
GTA IV doesn't even feature E in the game it could've at least given some Heroin or Weed to represent the game more realistically, what other drugs do they have in the game. Real drugs not Alcohol

There's Heroin which you do some missions about with the trucks and the FBI and the shooting

Crack I think, that's what Elizabeta Torres was dealing

But no E.
Marney1
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Apr 9 2009, 11:43 AM) [snapback]1494841[/snapback]
GTA IV doesn't even feature E in the game it could've at least given some Heroin or Weed to represent the game more realistically, what other drugs do they have in the game. Real drugs not Alcohol

There's Heroin which you do some missions about with the trucks and the FBI and the shooting

Crack I think, that's what Elizabeta Torres was dealing

But no E.

One of the multiplayer missions has you delivering a supply of E to a party.
Team Mafya Work I think.
Kuwong
so buying all my games preowned from gamestation. Free drugs? Score.
The Awesome One
As I've said before, a copy of a game in someone underage does not effect them. Its their environment, their parents. Hell, i got GTA:SA when I was 12. Im now 18, and buying that copy of GTA did not effect my life in any way. It depends on the kid.
However, this kid sounds like a good lad and he probably would of said something to his parents if he saw the drugs.
Kuwong
or he could of thought they were promotional GTA sweets and eaten four of them at once. Then again, knowing twelve year olds these days he'd probably have known from the get go that they were E pills. Probably has a box of them under his lego sets.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Apr 9 2009, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1494948[/snapback]
or he could of thought they were promotional GTA sweets and eaten four of them at once. Then again, knowing twelve year olds these days he'd probably have known from the get go that they were E pills. Probably has a box of them under his lego sets.

Hm...it does seem like a good solution to stop people playing under age games put a lethal dose to children of a chemical in the packaging therefore killing them when they open it but an adult will only be mildly intoxicated.
Marneyo Juano
mildly intoxicated? dude anyone would be seriously fucked if they'd pop 4 Es at once without a long and rich history of use.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Depends on how much pharmacologically active material is in a pill.
Marneyo Juano
Talking about an average E you can get off the streets. I don't think someone would buy good quality pills and forget them like that (or put them in a game case for the lulz).
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Mario Juano @ Apr 14 2009, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1495758[/snapback]
Talking about an average E you can get off the streets. I don't think someone would buy good quality pills and forget them like that (or put them in a game case for the lulz).

They may have just stashed them; then forgot; but yeah, I find it hard to imagine someone just forgot four pills like that. There is a good chance they were really fucked up when they put them in there (and probably when they were trading the game in).

As far as taking four hits of E, I've never personally. I imagine you'd be fucked up for about 24 hours or so. If you ingested them accidentally; you'd probably be taken to the hospital to have your stomach pumped.

If you took them intentionally; you'd probably be walking on the fucking moon.
Marneyo Juano
Since when do the effects change according to your intentions? It all depends on whether or not your body is used to that stuff. I know someone who took 9 at once and is still hyper, but his body was used to it. I also know someone who pops those pills like it's candy and doesn't get too fucked, but he's been doing this for years.
PabloHoneyOle
What I meant by intentionally, is that you would recognize them as E and prepare to roll out. If you (or your kid) took them, mistaking them for candy; it would probably cause alarm and panic because you weren't expecting to be blowing the fuck up. I've taken it before, long time ago, I enjoyed it immensely. However, if I never took E before and then took it unknowingly, (someone slipped in with my Sweethearts or something; see below) and then all of a sudden I'm blowing up; I might freak out and have someone take me to the hospital immediately.

If a child consumed the E from the videogame case and then started acting strange for reasons unknown to me, I'd probably get them to the hospital ASAP as well. I couldn't imagine a kid taking four hits of E and being OK.

Old, but relevant: http://www.ogpaper.com/news/news-0716.html
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 15 2009, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1495976[/snapback]
What I meant by intentionally, is that you would recognize them as E and prepare to roll out. If you (or your kid) took them, mistaking them for candy; it would probably cause alarm and panic because you weren't expecting to be blowing the fuck up. I've taken it before, long time ago, I enjoyed it immensely. However, if I never took E before and then took it unknowingly, (someone slipped in with my Sweethearts or something; see below) and then all of a sudden I'm blowing up; I might freak out and have someone take me to the hospital immediately.

If a child consumed the E from the videogame case and then started acting strange for reasons unknown to me, I'd probably get them to the hospital ASAP as well. I couldn't imagine a kid taking four hits of E and being OK.

Old, but relevant: http://www.ogpaper.com/news/news-0716.html

When you see it like this its hard to find a funny side to it. Frightening really.
Massacre
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 15 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1495976[/snapback]

That E looks really tasty...
Marneyo Juano
Well yeah you're right about going to the hospital if you experience those effects after ingesting an E unknowingly...
Also, that girl doesn't look on E really, seems like she's just playing rolling her eyes back and smiling at it...if it is extacy she's on, it's a small dose cause a whole pill or even a half would seriously fuck a 2 year old up. Much harder than that.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2009, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1495776[/snapback]
QUOTE(Mario Juano @ Apr 14 2009, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1495758[/snapback]

They may have just stashed them; then forgot; but yeah, I find it hard to imagine someone just forgot four pills like that. There is a good chance they were really fucked up when they put them in there (and probably when they were trading the game in).

As far as taking four hits of E, I've never personally. I imagine you'd be fucked up for about 24 hours or so. If you ingested them accidentally; you'd probably be taken to the hospital to have your stomach pumped.

If you took them intentionally; you'd probably be walking on the fucking moon.

I haven't popped 4 E pills before but ive had the equivelent. I drink at a bar/club called Bacchus after work (almost everynight, not been for a while) and i am well known there, so much so i go to parties with the staff and get free drinks.

Anyway, one of the people in Bacchus mistook me for my dad (its the only reason i can think of it) and was asking if i had an gear on me, meaning Coke, as the stuff i gave him last time was really good. I chuckled to myself and he brought me a few drinks and asked if i wanted to try out some of these new playboys he's got, the 'brand' of Ectasy he brought a fairly large amount of. And he told me that there were quite strong.

I took one for free and had a few more beers, about 45 mins later i asked him if he was feeling anything as i wasn't and therefore decided to buy another one off of him, which looking back on it i wish i hadn't. Took the pill with a chaser of Yagermeister and they BOTH kicked in at the same time.

Ive take a few tabs of Ectasy before but nothing as strong as them. I felt good but i was everynow and then having a few glasses of water and chewing gum, so as not to get lockjaw. When i got home, at the time living in a flatshare with a few Korean girls last year. I was up for about 36hours straight, couldn't sleep, and couldn't shut the fuck up talking on Xbox Live.

The point im getting to is that taking 4 Ectasy tablets WILL fuck you up no matter what.

EDIT: The pills must have gotten into the games case from an employee at the shop as surely when you exchange games they look inside the case to check the CD and manual etc? So i don't think its come from the person who gave it to GameStation. Still, most of the employees at GameStation's are reformed heroin addicts anyway.
Kuwong
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Apr 17 2009, 06:01 AM) [snapback]1496447[/snapback]
EDIT: The pills must have gotten into the games case from an employee at the shop as surely when you exchange games they look inside the case to check the CD and manual etc? So i don't think its come from the person who gave it to GameStation. Still, most of the employees at GameStation's are reformed heroin addicts anyway.

says the person who goes out drinking and taking ecstasy. You're American right? Do they even have Gamestations in America?
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Apr 17 2009, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1496470[/snapback]
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Apr 17 2009, 06:01 AM) [snapback]1496447[/snapback]

says the person who goes out drinking and taking ecstasy. You're American right? Do they even have Gamestations in America?

No mate, i'm not American.

I'm half English, half Italian. I was born in Mitcham, South West London and i've lived all over SW London. Born and bred Chelsea supporter.

By the way, Kuwong, Ectasy isn't as bad as what people seem to think it is. Yes, people have died because of it but thats because they aren't informed. I've grown up around drugs my whole life and whenever i goto Soho im always approached by people to buy drugs from there which i will ALWAYS turn down for several reasons:

1. Street drugs are dangerous and you don't know what your getting.
2. It most likely is a con. My dad brought some hashish (rocky) in Spain and it turned out to be Henna, and my dad know's ALOT about drugs.
3. You should only ever goto someone that you know or is known by other people you know. These street dealers are hustlers and will rob you for everything that you've got. Seen it happen so many times from being in Soho and seeing it happen to watching it happen television reports.

Ectasy, in terms of being taken, is starting to die down now as alot of people nowadays like to smoke weed. But, personally, i can't understand why? Weed is a depressant, if i was to go out i would want to take something that makes me feel 'happy'. Which is why alot of people take cocaine into clubs. Gives you a great buzz.

And so everyone knows, i am not annoucing i take drugs to sound 'cool' or anything of that sort. Im just giving my personal experiences to help broad peoples horizons and i also don't take drugs everyday. To be honest, i only ever do on 'special' occasions.
Kuwong
Marijuana is a depressant? doesn't make you feel happy? What the hell, you work for the government or something, spreading more lies?
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Apr 18 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1496852[/snapback]
Marijuana is a depressant? doesn't make you feel happy? What the hell, you work for the government or something, spreading more lies?

lol fuck off mate.

Marijuanna is a depressant. There are uppers and downers. Weed is a downer. Cocaine etc is an upper. And i don't work for the government, ironicly though i do work for a government service (NHS) but thats only through another company.

And mate, why would a spread lies about drugs? I take them every now and then. I just don't particularly like weed. I smoke it but not often.
Kuwong
I love how you took the edge off that fuck off by using the abbreviation "lol". Believe what you like mate, I'l believe what I like.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Apr 18 2009, 09:46 PM) [snapback]1496879[/snapback]
I love how you took the edge off that fuck off by using the abbreviation "lol". Believe what you like mate, I'l believe what I like.

I did so because it made me laugh and i wasn't saying 'fuck off mate' to you in an agressive way, i was saying it in a...'leave it out' manner. Its so easy to misunderstand people with text as you get no sense of emotion.

By the way, by Depressant i didn't mean depressant as in 'Oh no i want to kill myself now' style. Alchohol is also a depressant. Its a classification of types of drugs.
Marneyo Juano
he's right...weed makes you feel happy and sometimes laugh for almost no reason, but you do feel sleepy and tired after you smoke it. Not a good drug for parties. except for reggae parties.
trathen93
imagine finding them in the case of a game. I'd be pissed with gamestation, sue them and try to get a settlement , takin them to court would be a bad idea. wonder what sort of compensation you'd get
Marneyo Juano
4 more pills and 4 little magical cardboard squares
Skinny†
Marijuanna is a depressant.

No, it's a hallucinogen
psychÝ
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 21 2009, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1497553[/snapback]
Marijuanna is a depressant.

No, it's a hallucinogen

Indeed, these people are talking absolute crap, it is hallucinogenic in very high concentrations as well as making you extreme irritable and paranoid, in lower concentrations it works as a mood enhancer, you feel more happy if you are having a good time, you feel worse if you are having a bad one.

As for ecstasy killing people I think it was 2007 the statistic I read where 8 people in a year died from taking it alone across the UK.
Full Metal Monkey
Not all weed is a halucinagnic, its only Skunk that makes you halucinate. (sp) By the way, just do a search on Google asking if weed is a depressant and it will prove me right.
Kuwong
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Apr 21 2009, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1497627[/snapback]
Not all weed is a halucinagnic, its only Skunk that makes you halucinate. (sp) By the way, just do a search on Google asking if weed is a depressant and it will prove me right.

hurry up and fuck off, I googled it just to humour you, even though I know it isn't a depressant. Even the first page of results confirmed this.

http://www.hempworld.com/HempPharm/article...aincells02.html

as a recent study in the Journal Of Clinical Investigation suggests that smoking pot can make the brain grow.
The hippocampus is an area of the brain essential to memory formation. It is unusual because it grows new neurons over a person's lifetime. Researchers believe these new cells help to improve memory and fight depression and mood disorders.
Full Metal Monkey
Kuwong, your a fucking idiot. As i said earlier in this thread, i don't mean depressant in terms of making you depressed. Weed is a depressant because it slows down and 'numbs' your nervous system. Ive read about it on many sites, and also in the news.

By the way, what is your fucking problem?

How Does it Affect You?

A mild hallucinogen, marijuana has some of alcohol’s depressant and disinhibiting properties. User reaction, however, is heavily influenced by expectations and past experience, and many first-time users feel nothing at all.
craniumkick
someone stole my gta4 when i moved out it sucks dick i miss that game
DuPz0r
The funny thing is, the guy most likley sold GTA so he could replace the pills he lost in the first place. Gamestation only give you about £5-15 per PS3 game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.