Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your best and worst ending to a game
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
The Awesome One
My best ending has to be halo 3, but nothing to do with the scenes that plays once you enter the aircraft hangar, only the gameplay. I only bought halo for the multiplayer, but i decided ill try the missions. The ending was the only good bit of the campaign.

My worst ending has to be gears of war 2 as the gameplay ruined it. The monster died in seconds. However the rest of the game was fun and challenging.
Marney1
Can't decide my best one right now but the worst for me was GTA4, the credits just roll and roll.......

......and roll.

Oh, another one;

Gumshoe (don't laugh) a light gun game on the 8bit NES its one of those games where the last level is rock solid and you spend weeks on it.
Well when I finally completed it I put the light gun down sat back and took a big sigh of relief, wiped the sweat off my brow and watched eagerly for the cut scene finale.

It said 'Congratulations' and cut straight back to the title screen.

I was not a happy bunny!
DuPz0r
For me, the best ending was MGS4. it was epic.

Worst ending has to be Fallout 3. it just sucked balls.
PabloHoneyOle
Fallout 3 and Fable 2 both had surprisingly easy ends to the single player campaigns. Kind of disappointing. Even though there were multiple options to "choose your fate"; none of them were all that meaningful (except getting upset about losing my dog in Fable 2).

Most epic would have to be Halo 3 or GTA4. I agree that the gameplay leading up to the end of Halo 3's ending is great. The last missions in GTA4 were also very epic; from having to make a choice that would lead to someone being assassinated at a wedding; to chasing down the murderer in an act of revenge that culminates at the Statue of Happiness.

Jumping the motorbike onto the skid of the helicopter in the last mission was one of my favorite gaming moments of all time.
GLC
Yeah, Fallout 3's ending sucked.

The ending to Tetris was rather epic, though.
Marney1
QUOTE(GLC @ Apr 7 2009, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1494319[/snapback]
Yeah, Fallout 3's ending sucked.

The ending to Tetris was rather epic, though.

Tetris now theres a game. 209 lines was my record on the GameBoy version.
bOnEs
best ending: diablo... you fight your way all the way to the end, and after slaying diablo, you turn around and jam the stone in your own head and become the new diablo... fucking epic!!

worst ending: fallout 3... this game is still my favorite game but the fact that it ended left a lot to be desired... instead of loading a previous save, you should have been able to continue on after the ending... a new DLC pack will lift this problem but, i won't ever get see it sad.gif...
Ex-PS Fanboy
Worst- MC2. The champ say thanks for winning and Some bitch says your cool.

Best- Halo 3

Indy
Best - IV or Halo 3, the few last missions for IV were great, Halo 3 had that epic jump and cutscene after credits.
Worst - Saints Row 2 maybe?
The Awesome One
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Apr 7 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1494393[/snapback]
Best - IV or Halo 3, the few last missions for IV were great, Halo 3 had that epic jump and cutscene after credits.

I got bored of saints halfway through and is one of the only games i havent competed.

Another bad ending has to be GTA:SA. I mean a fire engine? Come on...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Apr 7 2009, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1494470[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Apr 7 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1494393[/snapback]

I got bored of saints halfway through and is one of the only games i havent competed.

Another bad ending has to be GTA:SA. I mean a fire engine? Come on...

What's your gamertag?
Handsome B Wonderful
Best - Prince Of Persia : Sands Of Time, FFVII, KOTOR 2 (even though it was incomplete)

Worst - Fable II, Just Cause
TwoFacedTanner
best = GTAIV, SR2, Red Dead Revolver

Worst = Fallout 3, Fable 2
Qdeathstar
Fallout three's ending really, really, really... really... really....... really............. really............................................................................................ ............................................................................ ................................................................................... ................................................................................... ............................................................. sucked.

The game was fucking awesome till i died. It ended and i didn't even do all of the objectives. (going back to the home vault, for example)
Ex-PS Fanboy
Found this article listing the worst 8 endings in game history.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 14 2009, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1495714[/snapback]
Found this article listing the worst 8 endings in game history.

Good find, good article.
BloodyBandage
I would have to say the best ending(s) were from the Twisted Metal series; I think 1 and 2. It was either 2 or 3 that was complete crap but one of the Twisted Metals simply had amazingly detailed and interesting endings for that specific race driver. I remember Mr Grimm eating souls and stuff...good stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.