Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Death of Musical Gaming... IGN Editorial
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
PabloHoneyOle
Very interesting read over at IGN about Musical Gaming and how the genre has hit a wall so to speak.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/969/969689p1.html

I agree with the author that I'm pretty much done with musical rhythm gaming; I quit at Rock Band. I still have them (GH2, GH3. RB) and still play them; but probably won't be buying any more games in these series (unless I get a hellagood deal) and won't be downloading any new songs via DLC.

I'm just tired of it.
TwoFacedTanner
I played Rockband, and Guitar Hero 3.
While they are fun, I got bored after 2 hours.
PabloHoneyOle
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to play these games. But I can only handle them in small doses.
Kamahl
i doubt ill get tired of rock band... seriously... since i got rock band in june i havent stopped playing it, sometimes i dont play it for a week or so, but i always play it again and again...
Pieface
I found it got boring quickly. Now my Guitar Hero controller and the Rock Band Drums just gather a layer of dust.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Well I'd play GH3 more If it didn't lag on my TV. Other than that RB and my other GH's are collecting dust.
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol. Good read. I agree with Kamahl.
Now, I only play maybe 1-2 hours a week, but it's still fresh and fun IMO. Maybe that's because I've got someone hooking me up with new songs every week. Idk. I'd never buy those shitty "knock-offs" if you will. I stick with Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and am just getting back into GH. I eventually will stop though.
DiO
I knew this was coming. Friends of mine who aren't hardcore gamers like myself say no one plays them anymore.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Apr 7 2009, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1494477[/snapback]
I knew this was coming. Friends of mine who aren't hardcore gamers like myself say no one plays them anymore.

Hundreds of thousands of people still play it, but the article is saying that the constant shitting out of titles is getting old.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 7 2009, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1494483[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Apr 7 2009, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1494477[/snapback]

Hundreds of thousands of people still play it, but the article is saying that the constant shitting out of titles is getting old.

Still doesn't change the fact that I see it being less popular as a personal observation.
Qdeathstar
Those games are just dance dance revolution for fat people.
TheAnalogKid2112
Well said!
TheAnalogKid2112
Ok.. it's official! These games are officially, completely whored out! Enough is enough- is enough!
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136243
Ex-PS Fanboy
I cant go on- I cant go on no more now
TheAnalogKid2112
I was hoping someone would get the joke biggrin.gif
Kamahl
i wonder if the songs will also come as DLC or if it will have an export code or something. Id like to play "Song 2" for example, i dont see me buying that unless the rest are songs i love, i doubt that so like i said, i hope it comes as DLC
ViceMan
I think i'm the only person who never bought any of these games when they came out. Never appealed to me.

*places C4 on the bandwagon*
TheAnalogKid2112
*throws C4 at Vice as he detonates it*
Marney1
Somehow survives with 3rd degree burns ^
Ex-PS Fanboy
* Catches C4, Vice notices i'm saving his ass and doesn't detonate it, I throw it back at analog, Vice detonates it*
TheAnalogKid2112
*It doesn't matter, because if you note in my original post, Vice detonated the C4 right after I threw it, so he got blown up. There's no way he could have survived that unless he's a character in Call of Duty 4 who was just far enough away that he got damaged enough so that his health regenerated.*
Ex-PS Fanboy
* ^ Didn't state that Vice had detonated it, claimed it was in the process of detonating, Therefore, Vice stopped detonating C4*
IV...Whudyadoooooooooooon?
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 27 2009, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1498939[/snapback]
* ^ Didn't state that Vice had detonated it, claimed it was in the process of detonating, Therefore, Vice stopped detonating C4*

Drops nuclear warhead on planet, watches Earth melt.
All are lost.....all hope is gone...
Except for the persons involved in the development of GTA5.
If said persons do not incorporate more cheats, vehicles, crowds,
police, land, clothes, drugs, prosty's, and general mischief in GTA5,
they too will suffer an anal intrusion, performed with aforementioned
nuclear warhead.....
ViceMan
*realises he has completely derailed the topic, feels slightly proud*
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Apr 27 2009, 01:34 PM) [snapback]1498967[/snapback]
*relises he has completely derailed the topic, feels slightly proud*

Yeah....GH sucks anyways....start a band people....
play music for real....
I love video games too...but honestly...
Would you rather bang a chick in real life, or e-bang?
Exactly.....
ViceMan
Never was a fan of these sorts of games, I don't even consider them games really, IMO a game is where you sit on your arse mashing a controller, not playing with silly faux guitars and looking a total twat, which is why i've never considered the Wii a true gaming console. Sure it's imaginitive, but it just seems like a huge fad to me.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(IV...Whudyadoooooooooooon? @ Apr 27 2009, 10:18 AM) [snapback]1498966[/snapback]

nuclear warhead.....

WHOOOO THE FUUUUUCK ARE YOOOOUUUU!!!
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1499039[/snapback]
QUOTE(IV...Whudyadoooooooooooon? @ Apr 27 2009, 10:18 AM) [snapback]1498966[/snapback]

nuclear warhead.....

WHOOOO THE FUUUUUCK ARE YOOOOUUUU!!!

Just playin', friend.....
Don't get your "Anal Log" in a wad......(c'mon that was funny...)
I just read what was going on between you, and your other friends...I thought I would
interject with some over-the-top comment.....ain't no thang....

Can you at least agree with the comments concerning GTA5?
TheAnalogKid2112
Whoa man.. just playin' around.
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 28 2009, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1499308[/snapback]
Whoa man.. just playin' around.

All good friend....(but there are some seriously sensitive people on this forum...)
Glad to know you're not one of them....
Peace and chicken grease in the Middle East.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I like him. He looks me in the eye.
Mad Space Ghost
All the middle school kids are still gonna buy these games to show how "hardcore" they are.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Mad Space Ghost @ May 5 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1500380[/snapback]
All the middle school kids are still gonna buy these games to show how "hardcore" they are.

Exactly. Thanks for going back on topic...

"Ha, your parents won't buy you Guitar Hero: Slayer? You're a fag! Ha-ha!"
HB~Sauce
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the plastic instruments craze. Over saturated and very expensive/space consuming.
I've now moved onto this amazing new thing called crack, very addicting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.