Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North Korea FTW!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Qdeathstar
This is what happened...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30035197/

this is why its funny!

U.N. Security Council diplomats have told Reuters on condition of anonymity that no country was considering imposing new sanctions but the starting point could be discussing a resolution for the stricter enforcement of earlier sanctions. Both Russia and China, the latter the nearest the reclusive North has to a major ally, have made clear they would block new sanctions by the Council, where they have veto power.

So basically we can't really do anything. lollyroffle.

TwoFacedTanner
I can barley contain my laughter.
Heartless
Am I still crazy, QD?
Qdeathstar
yes, you are still crazy. no, you shouldn't post in my topics.
Indy
North Korea space launch 'fails'

In a statement on its website, the US Northern Command said North Korea launched a three-stage Taepodong-2 missile at 0230GMT.

"Stage one of the missile fell into the Sea of Japan/East Sea. The remaining stages along with the payload itself landed in the Pacific Ocean."

"No object entered orbit and no debris fell on Japan."

Source
PabloHoneyOle
Nuke the gooks.
Qdeathstar
well, i think that if the security councel failes to make any diplomatic measures, Japan or the United States should consider a missile strike on the launch facility.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 6 2009, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1494106[/snapback]
well, i think that if the security councel failes to make any diplomatic measures, Japan or the United States should consider a missile strike on the launch facility.

Qdeathstar
It would be better for us if Japan would do it..
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
@Heartless: I still fail to be scared.

QD: For you and only you, I should think.
Bain
The UN is fucking worthless. It seriously has never accomplished anything in our favor. Were there fucking around playing house with our enemies.
Mekstizzle
No shit the Security Council is worthless. I'm surprised that they ever manage to get any resolution across.

UK
France
China
Russia
USA

It'd be the UK and the USA always on the same side, infact I doubt this country would ever use its veto if the US didn't. No fucking balls, but that's another topic

France, yeah, maybe they've had little bit of independence

and Russia and China are on their own agenda

It doesn't even represent the world. the SC is a relic of fucking post World War II, not even the Cold War.

The UN is bullshit in every single aspect. A complete waste of money and time
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 7 2009, 01:14 PM) [snapback]1494315[/snapback]
@Heartless: I still fail to be scared.

QD: For you and only you, I should think.

Yes, yes i know. Thats why i said "better for us" the US...
And my point that maybe the best course of action is not a game of short term Machiavellian egoism for <5% of the world's population.
Indy
I'm thinking pre-emptive strike from japan.
Jasonhh
It's funny how Kim Jong-Il sits on his fat geeky ass and wears Gucci glasses and fine dines, while his people starve to death. Not a lot of people realize what's going on in North Korea and it's not something to be taken lightly. The UN has turned into pu$$ies, for not taking care of this 60 year old problem.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 7 2009, 11:51 PM) [snapback]1494509[/snapback]
And my point that maybe the best course of action is not a game of short term Machiavellian egoism for <5% of the world's population.

So wait, are you saying that no one should do anything then? Diplomacy won't work because China and Russia won't support it, but if we take out North Korea's ability to launch ballistic missiles, then it buys us time...

I'm not saying nuke the whole place, i'm just saying target his ability to launch.
1. I doubt it has an ability to launch
2. I was talking about the issue of using the non-army of Japan to assert strength in a region containing NK and China.
NCP
What I find funny is that other countries decide that NK can't do missile tests. Well who are they to decide? They do tests, hell even nuke tests happen these days. It's not like the UN is the daddy of the world and NK is his rebel son. FFS, nocountry is that dumb to launch a nuke, because they would be nuked by almost every other country.
Marney1
The so called War On Terror is a load of bullshit.
Don't take anyones propoganda for granted - question whether you really believe what your being told by these 'Terror Experts' because nine times out of ten it's a lie.

As for Iran they're not as stupid as we are led to believe and they don't pose any threat to us as long as we let them get on with living the way they do.
They have never threatened us with conflict and would never consider mass suicide by launching a nuclear missile.

Listen to both sides of the arguement before you judge.
The world doesn't need nodding donkeys at the moment.

Oh, the same goes for North Korea.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 8 2009, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1494657[/snapback]
2. I was talking about the issue of using the non-army of Japan to assert strength in a region containing NK and China.

What did they do on monday then? No ability to launch... XD.png u is funnay.

North Korea can't get to Japan quickly (and if they did, it would be a death sentence)... and like i said, i don't think that China would choose to invade Japan over it.
Marney1
The proposed scaling down of American and Russian nuclear warhead arsenals is not what it seems.
The ones they will dismantle will be the ones past their use by date anyway.
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 8 2009, 01:29 PM) [snapback]1494679[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 8 2009, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1494657[/snapback]

What did they do on monday then? No ability to launch... XD.png u is funnay.

North Korea can't get to Japan quickly (and if they did, it would be a death sentence)... and like i said, i don't think that China would choose to invade Japan over it.
"Fizzled into the Pacific" is the most optimistic analysis of the "launch" I've read.

There's no need to start a proxy war over a can a 7 year old threw off the beach.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 9 2009, 03:12 AM) [snapback]1494804[/snapback]
"Fizzled into the Pacific" is the most optimistic analysis of the "launch" I've read.

There's no need to start a proxy war over a can a 7 year old threw off the beach.

Its one of their most successful launches, even if it failed to completely reach orbit.
One of the 7 year old's best throws.
Hardcore Ottoman
Now, now... a person's height does not equate his relative age. His penis size does. tongue.gif
Skinny 
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 8 2009, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1494657[/snapback]

They already launched a missle... even though THIS missle was a failure, that doesn't mean they won't get better. Japan should strike at their launch facilities.
Indy
North Korea threatens to restart nuclear programme as it quits peace talks

The rogue state called the UN response an "unbearable insult" and condemned the six-party talks with South Korea, China, Japan, the United States and Russia as "useless" in a statement released by the country's foreign ministry on Tuesday.

"There is no need for the six-party talks any more," the statement said. "We will never again take part in such talks and will not be bound by any agreement reached at the talks."

It added that it intended to "bolster its nuclear deterrent for self-defence in every way" and that it would restart the Yongbyon reactor, which is capable of making weapons-grade plutonium.

Read on...

Ok fuck this shit, just bomb this fucking country.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm going to save up for a pistol and possibly a sub-machine gun... I think it would be foolish not to prepare for some battles these days. Besides, I'm old enough for conscription and I'm not sure being full-time in college will save me.

There, I said it. My fears.
Talk to me in 2 years time. North Korea are no threat, China may be.

And Skinny: to what extent have they launched a missile, please.
Marney1
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 14 2009, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1495734[/snapback]

All the countries listed on the Axis Of Evil are no threat to the western world whatsoever.
I wish people would take a closer look at history and realise that our governments lie to us constantly.
If you believe what your politicians tell you before researching it for yourself then I have no interest in your opinion.
I would like to change my opinion
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 14 2009, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1495741[/snapback]

Same here, but shit seems like it's almost real pretty often these days. It doesn't matter who's toeing the line, I admit any sort of nuclear threat scares me. You can't outrun nuclear explosions. Nukes have always been a bad idea.

But back to marney1, where the fuck is your research? And in what context are you claiming who the US/UK lists as threats when they weren't? I'm sorry, but North Korea seems quite blunt with their mission. Iran not so much.
Marney1
QUOTE(punxtr @ Apr 15 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1496035[/snapback]

Same here, but shit seems like it's almost real pretty often these days. It doesn't matter who's toeing the line, I admit any sort of nuclear threat scares me. You can't outrun nuclear explosions. Nukes have always been a bad idea.

But back to marney1, where the fuck is your research? And in what context are you claiming who the US/UK lists as threats when they weren't? I'm sorry, but North Korea seems quite blunt with their mission. Iran not so much.

What I'm trying to say is that most terror threats are government propoganda and the real ones are often exagerated to frighten us into supporting wars which are in reality not being fought in the name of terror prevention.
My personal research comes from the fact I listen to what the opposition (alleged terrorist states) is saying too, not just my own government.
Both sides can produce propoganda to meet their own interests but I don't judge until I have heard both.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 15 2009, 01:32 PM) [snapback]1496042[/snapback]
QUOTE(punxtr @ Apr 15 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1496035[/snapback]

What I'm trying to say is that most terror threats are government propaganda and the real ones are often exaggerated to frighten us into supporting wars which are in reality not being fought in the name of terror prevention.
My personal research comes from the fact I listen to what the opposition (alleged terrorist states) is saying too, not just my own government.
Both sides can produce propaganda to meet their own interests but I don't judge until I have heard both.

marney1, strike one. You didn't bolster anything you just said. No anecdotes... anything. And I corrected your spelling, which is irrelevant.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 14 2009, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1495734[/snapback]

You are in denial....

North Korea does have a point though... the United Nations is an insult...
Hardcore Ottoman
I agree too. But hardly of any countenance to properly make anyone feel insulted, in my opinion.
I'd have to be scared in the first place to be in denial, lrn2psych
Qdeathstar
No, you can be in denial without being afraid....
Why then would I be in denial, there's nothing in it for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.