Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't Blame GTA For Your Crimes
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Marney1
GTA has been getting the blame for murders all round the world for a while now and Thailand has even banned the game.
With over 100million (I think) people playing the game does that mean over 100milion potential murderers are waiting to pounce?
After playing it for a while you might become immersed in it which to me is just the sign of a well made game.
When I switch it off it immediatly becomes clear that I am now in the real world and not a mass murderer anymore.

I don't think GTA can be used as a reason for beating the shit out of pensioners with baseball bats and the like, those freaks have obviously got something missing already if they can't seperate real-life from fiction.
[left][/left]

I'm tired of murderers blaming others for their actions.

Note; I've just twatted next doors cat over the head with a hammer, in my defence I have just watched a feature length Tom&Jerry cartoon!
Qdeathstar
this is kind of an old discussion, and since this is a gta fan forum... this will be a one sided argument.

I'd agree that games can influence mentally unstable people to become violent... but so can the news, movies, books, ect.
OptimumPx
I agree with Q, discussing this subject on a GTA forum is like asking the NRA about their stance on gun control laws. You know the answer before you even open your mouth.
Skinny†
I'd agree that games can influence mentally unstable people to become violent... but so can the news, movies, books, ect.

Indeed. Why just go after GTa for violence? Why not get Saw banned? Why just go after GTA for sex? Why not have Balzac taken out of our book stores? etc.

And yeah, I don't see why he made this topic; did he really think anyone would support banning GTA on this site?
Marney1
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 5 2009, 08:06 AM) [snapback]1493836[/snapback]

Indeed. Why just go after GTa for violence? Why not get Saw banned? Why just go after GTA for sex? Why not have Balzac taken out of our book stores? etc.

And yeah, I don't see why he made this topic; did he really think anyone would support banning GTA on this site?

What the fuck are you on about?
If you read what I wrote properly you would see that I'm not trying to get anyone to support a ban on GTA.
I said that the people who blame the game for their actions are already mental so should not be able to use it as their excuse.

You missed the point completely you fucking turd!
Dont ever become a judge;
Judge Skinny: 'How do you plead?'
Defenendant: 'NOT GUILTY'
Judge Skinny: 'Guilty? I sentence you to death!'

Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 4 2009, 11:20 PM) [snapback]1493778[/snapback]

Just look at the amount of times Eminem has had to goto court because of people commiting suicide or commiting acts of violence.

I agree that its not just Grand Theft Auto. But i can definately understand the link between the two.

But you also have to remember that the shootings/murders like Columbine etc are rare occurences and only the most significant ever get reported on the news. I bet there have been plenty of murderers who have owned the Grand Theft Auto series and it doesn't get mentioned as its not the main factor of the murder, it only seems to be when a young person (18-30) where it might get mentioned.
psychÝ
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 5 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1493873[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 5 2009, 08:06 AM) [snapback]1493836[/snapback]

What the fuck are you on about?
If you read what I wrote properly you would see that I'm not trying to get anyone to support a ban on GTA.
I said that the people who blame the game for their actions are already mental so should not be able to use it as their excuse.

In my judge analogy it goes like this:

Psycho: Don't become a judge.
Marney1: Why!?
Psycho: Because you're a moron.

I like it better than yours.

In the context of the topic, everyone already knows my opinion.
ViceMan
Most media nowadays has some element of crime in it. Singling out GTA is just a bad case of double standards.

I'd say more but it's already been said many times before, in this topic, and others.
Skinny†
No shit. But why make the topic if no one does support banning GTA? There won't be any argument.

And did you really expect anyone to argue with you on a GTA fansite? If not, why make the topic?

No, I got the point. You made a topic ranting about people blamming GTA for crimes, knowing that everyone would agree with you, thereby raising your popularity and making yourself appear socially aware. But since everyone here obviously agrees with you, WHY EVEN MAKE THE FUCKING TOPIC YOU DOUCHE BAG!

Your analogy sucks. How long did it take you to come up with that? Really, you would come out looking much better if you say I have poor comprehension skills; similar to yours, because you seemingly missed the point of my post as well.

Twit.

Marney1
Skinny-

You seem upset that I started a topic with no chance of an arguement arising from it;
First of all it was more of a personal statement on how I felt about the issue.
Secondly-Forums are'nt just for arguing.
Thirdly; And finally- Congratulations on turning this into an arguement it seems you got your own way in the end!
Skinny†
But why even bother if no one is going to argue with you? You're just saying what everyone has said on here a thousand times, that nobody here will ever refute, or from the looks of things, even add on to. What's the fucking point?
Marney1
I feel like killing someone.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 6 2009, 09:34 AM) [snapback]1494019[/snapback]

Kill yourself.
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 6 2009, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1494027[/snapback]

Kill yourself.

Why the long face?
Massacre
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 6 2009, 11:55 AM) [snapback]1494049[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 6 2009, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1494027[/snapback]

Kill yourself.

Why the long face?

Marney1
Fuck me that thing looks serious!
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre
That's pretty amazing. Where do you find this shit?
PabloHoneyOle
That's me out fishing using cats.
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 6 2009, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1494097[/snapback]
That's me out fishing using cats.

Fishing for catfish?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.