Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attempted missile strike on the US?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Heartless
Article describes Russian space junk returning to earth.

But why would Russian space junk fall over the US, explode in balls of flame and create a massive boom that could be heard in Maryland? When Columbia went down over Texas, it was a giant ass rocket that scattered debris all over the state. This sounds like something was shot out of the sky.

Since 2006, they have been testing our airspace.

Canada even intercepted a few recently.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Russia is preparing some type of engagement with the US, which I think has to do with the pending N. Korean missile test and subsequent deployment of US Destroyers in the Sea of Japan.

Could this be a sign of WW3?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
It'd be an odd way to bomb the US.

AKA cool story bro
Heartless
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 30 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1493128[/snapback]
It'd be an odd way to bomb the US.

AKA cool story bro

I don't mean they bombed the US with junk; I'm saying it sounds like a cover up.
Massacre
That is pretty suspicious.
PabloHoneyOle
Heartless, get the president on the horn. I think you might be onto something. I'll meet you in D.C. at 2200 hours.

I don't know. I doubt the Russians would attack America. Maybe Canada. D-O's fucked.
TwoFacedTanner
They probably say the same thing over there when our space junk falls over them.

Ha! They're is probably a Russian version of this site, with a Russian Heartless
PabloHoneyOle
Stop trying to scare me, Heartless.

Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 31 2009, 12:54 PM) [snapback]1493155[/snapback]
Heartless, get the president on the horn. I think you might be onto something. I'll meet you in D.C. at 2200 hours.

I don't know. I doubt the Russians would attack America. Maybe Canada. D-O's fucked.

What would Rusia want with us? Syrup?
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 31 2009, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1493161[/snapback]
They probably say the same thing over there when our space junk falls over them.

Ha! They're is probably a Russian version of this site, with a Russian Heartless
Omigod electron sponge!

To make this post not spam (one active member will get that reference): I think it'll be a time until Russia can do anything, never mind when they wil do something.
Heartless
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 31 2009, 11:14 AM) [snapback]1493161[/snapback]

At the risk of spamming my own topic, a Communist Heartless makes me giggle. I imagine he'd have fought in Grozny, oh man I'm so jealous.

Edit-
For those saying that Russia wouldn't at this time...

I say now is the best time. The American military force is more disgusted with Obama then they ever were with Bush, and that's hard to do. Each second that ticks is another dollar stripped from national defense, and when we can longer stand up to a cohesive, well planned assault by a foreign power, just go ahead and flip the switch on the electric chair.
Hardcore Ottoman
I wonder if Qdeathstar saw this... I wish I still lived in VA now. Would have been an awesome site as is. The implications worry me a little though. Dunno.
Qdeathstar
I seen it, i think.. it looked like a firework with thunder... i was driving at the time...

QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Mar 31 2009, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1493127[/snapback]
Article describes Russian space junk returning to earth.

But why would Russian space junk fall over the US, explode in balls of flame and create a massive boom that could be heard in Maryland? When Columbia went down over Texas, it was a giant ass rocket that scattered debris all over the state. This sounds like something was shot out of the sky.

Columbia is made of a lot of components that break into pieces and experience a lot of drag which would reduce their terminal velocity to something below the sound barrier. On the other hand, a spent rocket from the recently launched Russian space vehicle is made out thick heavy aluminum or steel that is designed to be aerodynamic and has a much higher terminal velocity as a resort.

Also, the trajectories were probably different... as the space junk would be falling at a much sharper angle of decent than the Columbia would have been, preparing for a landing.

What's in it for America to cover up a russian non-attack?

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Russia is preparing some type of engagement with the US, which I think has to do with the pending N. Korean missile test and subsequent deployment of US Destroyers in the Sea of Japan.

Could this be a sign of WW3?

Why would they send us a warning shot first?

Avoid posting anywhere but the asylum, seriously.
Heartless
Who's to say it was a warning shot? You and I both know that DC has some of the best air defense systems in the world.
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 1 2009, 05:46 AM) [snapback]1493357[/snapback]
Who's to say it was a warning shot? You and I both know that DC has some of the best air defense systems in the world.
If you actually believe it was a failed air strike...

...You know what, never mind, you ignored it when QD said it.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 1 2009, 04:46 AM) [snapback]1493357[/snapback]

Why would the US cover it up? Why would Russia launch only one missile...

think before your speak.
Heartless
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 1 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1493359[/snapback]

think before your speak.

Why don't you? They've been testing our air space for years. North Korea is preparing a missile test, or even a full fledged assault. And until American lives are spent, the US government will never do anything about it. Maybe it's just space junk, but then again, maybe it isn't. Don't be so naive to think the government would never lie to us.
PabloHoneyOle
This has all been building up to one giant April Fool's Joke.

America is INVINCIBLE.
Warning: Shoots Flaming Balls.
QUOTE(Der Metzgermeister @ Apr 1 2009, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1493403[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 1 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1493359[/snapback]

think before your speak.
This.

Why don't you? They've been testing our air space for years. North Korea is preparing a missile test, or even a full fledged assault. And until American lives are spent, the US government will never do anything about it. Maybe it's just space junk, but then again, maybe it isn't. Don't be so naive to think the government would never lie to us.
I hadn't read KJI was mentally retarded too! Sauce!?

Conspiracy theory language -- just because the government could lie doesn't mean they necessarily do with no motivation.
Indy
I just heard that USA and Russia's presidents were in talks about reducing their nuclear arsenal.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 31 2009, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1493155[/snapback]
Maybe Canada. D-O's fucked.

Thats the funniest thing i've read in a while.
Heartless
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Apr 1 2009, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1493490[/snapback]
I just heard that USA and Russia's presidents were in talks about reducing their nuclear arsenal.

I may be playing to type, but whatever.

But he's a communist!
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Apr 1 2009, 01:37 AM) [snapback]1493170[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 31 2009, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1493161[/snapback]

Omigod electron sponge!

Aye.

I doubt the Russians would be sending warning shots, personally. But interesting, nonetheless.
Alex37
Russia giving guns to Syria, and Hamas (palestinian terror organization). WW3 can start every secend!!!
PabloHoneyOle
Stop bumping old posts with irrelevant information.

Can someone get a moderator up in here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.