Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How well will it run?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Dedeleko
OK so, the game is out for a few months for the pc now and i was wondering how well it will run on my pc. (someone must have something equal to my configuration)

Intel Core Duo @ 2.8Ghz
2GB RAM
GeForce 8500 GT

Please also tell me on what specific graphics i could play it.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

-if you need some more info about my computer specs just tell me wink.gif
Pieface
Probably at low settings at a passable frame rate. That Graphics card is really poor if you want to play games.
Dedeleko
QUOTE(Pieface @ Mar 26 2009, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1492369[/snapback]
Probably at low settings at a passable frame rate. That Graphics card is really poor if you want to play games.

yea i know sad.gif which card do u suggest which is good for games and has a reasonable price?

oh and my card has 512 mb, not 256 wink.gif
HEAT84
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Mar 26 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1492381[/snapback]
oh and my card has 512 mb, not 256 wink.gif

Turbocache RAM doesn't really count. laugh.gif
Karl0
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Mar 26 2009, 09:50 AM) [snapback]1492345[/snapback]
OK so, the game is out for a few months for the pc now and i was wondering how well it will run on my pc. (someone must have something equal to my configuration)

Intel Core Duo @ 2.8Ghz
2GB RAM
GeForce 8500 GT

Please also tell me on what specific graphics i could play it.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

-if you need some more info about my computer specs just tell me wink.gif

Apologies for bringing up and old(ish) thread, but I have a EVGA 8600GTS, 512 MB, 2.53GB 7200 Duo CPU, and 2GB of RAM, so rather similar. My GTA is ok(when it dosnt lock up on me), and I THINK its mostly the video RAM that determines what youre allowed to set graphics to. I hate Crockstar for that load of bs.
HEAT84
Firstly, Its 2.53 GHZ not GB

Actually this game is rapes CPU's. I have a system that's similar to yours except I have an AMD dual core and had an 8400GS 512MB (including Turbocache) and similar problems to yours. I upgraded to a 9800GT 1GB and the game runs beautifully but I can only average 20FPS because of how much this game uses the CPU. But I'm not obsessed with FPS like alot of people are so that's good enough. You have to get a newer card with at least 1GB of VRAM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.