Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How the hell was i supposed to know the expansion required xbox live
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
j0ey_F1nG4z
I went out and bought the game not looking closely that it the "box" did not come with a CD and it was only for xbox live. super pissed and super dumb. Now I have to go out and buy all the shit and I already did the math it will come to about 370$ for all the wireless crap, headset, and other important devices like the xfps.

discusss
Massacre
Well, yeah, that sucks, but it was referred to as "downloadable content." That probably should've been a red flag that it required Xbox Live...
j0ey_F1nG4z
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 21 2009, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1491392[/snapback]
Well, yeah, that sucks, but it was referred to as "downloadable content." That probably should've been a red flag that it required Xbox Live...

Yes i understood that it was a downloadable content but seeing a hard copy in the store automaticly made me think that you could buy it in the store. silly me.
Massacre
Oh, right. That was kind of stupid, them putting a code in a box when it would have been just as easy for people to buy MS points instead. It could just as easily have been released on a disc, I think it should have been.
Skychat
370$ to go Live?

I agree it's a fucking ripoff but all you need is Gold and internet.
j0ey_F1nG4z
QUOTE(Skychat @ Mar 21 2009, 11:31 AM) [snapback]1491432[/snapback]
370$ to go Live?

I basicly estimated the router, wireless adapter, turtlebeach headset, xbox live, xfps. So thats why its kind of high
Massacre
Do you have hardline broadband? I think you can save a lot of money if the method I used also works for hardline.
Full Metal Monkey
Surely you can just plug your Xbox into your computer with the ethernet cable provided with the console.

And you don't need Gold to purchase Lost and Damned. And you also don't need a headset etc to play it, only if you want to talk to the other moronic kids online.
PabloHoneyOle
What didn't you understand about DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT?

All you need is a 5 port switch and some cable to get connected to XBL if you already have the internets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.