Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC Undisputed 2009
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Marney1
Anyone think UFC will be worth buying?
From what I've heard up to now it sounds a bit borderline.
DiO
I have mixed feelings for sure. Ill wait for reviews.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I played the older version and that wasn't bad. But i don't like these types of games anymore...
DuPz0r
I'm not too keen on these type of games anymore. But hey, if it gets a good rating, it is worth a rent.
Chutneylocker
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 10 2009, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1495038[/snapback]

Its not there any more marney, is it one of those cage vids.
Chutneylocker
QUOTE(Chutneylocker @ Apr 10 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1495040[/snapback]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPSQHhokLk

Marney1
QUOTE(Chutneylocker @ Apr 10 2009, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1495041[/snapback]
QUOTE(Chutneylocker @ Apr 10 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1495040[/snapback]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPSQHhokLk

[youtube]bPPSQHhokLk[/youtube]
[youtube]1bxGRpBw-vU[/youtube]
DiO
Demo just came out for this. Im about to play it.
DiO
This game kicks ass.
Marney1
I just downloaded the demo too and first impressions are excellent. Online would be even better I think. cool.gif
DiO
Yah. I can't wait to try career. Its going to be fun as hell mixing up fighting styles on created fighters. I've played the demo probably 50 times now. I usually win. I sometimes get caught. Only tried Shogun once. I don't like knocking out Liddell cause it reminds me on how it keeps happening IRL.
Marney1
My cousin Terrence is an MMC UFC fighter so I'm not sure if he's on the game, I don't see him much but I'll try and ask him.
DiO
I'm winning on advanced now. Expert is fucking impossible. Shogun is a bitch that just drags you to the ground. I whoop his ass at stand up. He just wont get knocked out.
Marney1
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 24 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1498400[/snapback]
I'm winning on advanced now. Expert is fucking impossible. Shogun is a bitch that just drags you to the ground. I whoop his ass at stand up. He just wont get knocked out.

I've just beat Shogun Rua in 52 seconds without him even getting a punch in. (I was Chuck Liddell)

Looks certain this game is gonna be in my collection come 19th May.

EDIT: I've just had him a rematch and he gave me a round-house kick to the face, gum shield out and everything knocking me clean out in 23 seconds. This is getting addictive.

[youtube]WBSlaMQcIak[/youtube]
Massacre
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 24 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1498389[/snapback]
My cousin Terrence is an MMC UFC fighter so I'm not sure if he's on the game, I don't see him much but I'll try and ask him.

He's UFC? What's his last name?
Marney1
QUOTE(Massacre @ Apr 24 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1498435[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Apr 24 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1498389[/snapback]

He's UFC? What's his last name?

Etim - I've posted a vid further up top. (We sound exactly alike)
DiO
I bet they will have roster updated. If he gets big you never know.
Massacre
I'll have to check it in another browser. I just started using FireFox yesterday, and now I can't see any of the videos on here...
PabloHoneyOle
This looks like Fight Night Round 3 with kicking.
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 24 2009, 09:23 PM) [snapback]1498466[/snapback]
This looks like Fight Night Round 3 with kicking.

Can you download the demo on your XBox?
PabloHoneyOle
Maybe. I don't have an Xbox in my office so I'll have to wait until I get home.
DiO
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 24 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1498469[/snapback]
Maybe. I don't have an Xbox in my office so I'll have to wait until I get home.

No Xboxs in your office? That is an outrage! I CALL FOR A STRIKE!
Marney1
http://www.ufcundisputed.com/#/home

Official Site ^

Whats your fastest knockout up to now?
I'm on 43 seconds.
DiO
15 seconds. smile.gif

It was fucking crazy.
Marney1
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 25 2009, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1498587[/snapback]
15 seconds. smile.gif

It was fucking crazy.

15 SECONDS?! You shittin' me? I'm gonna have another go at this.

35 secs now. (Just realised the tutorial might help)
28 secs
8 seconds!! One roundhouse kick to the head!! I'm loving this game.

Check out Chuck Liddells victory celebrations - The game has it down to a tee.
[youtube]Th4nRWfHIjY[/youtube][youtube]zQeHsy9dFoc&feature[/youtube]
DiO
I'll have to beat your ass online when the game comes out. O fuck its going to be sick.
Marney1
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 26 2009, 12:32 AM) [snapback]1498634[/snapback]
I'll have to beat your ass online when the game comes out. O fuck its going to be sick.

Not a chance! Your ass is going down in 7 lol.
DiO
What difficulty are you playing it on? I'm winning pretty much every time on advanced. I got my ass kicked on expert.
Marney1
QUOTE(Baby Fark Marney-zax @ Apr 26 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1498641[/snapback]
What difficulty are you playing it on? I'm winning pretty much every time on advanced. I got my ass kicked on expert.

Didn't know you could change the difficulty on the demo, maybe that's why I managed an 8 second KO lol.
DiO
Lol, probably.
Marney1
UFC Champion Bas Rutten in GTA4

mmagta4

Click to view attachment
Massacre
Yep, he hosted The Men's Room, and did the Mo-Cap for Niko's unarmed combat.
DuPz0r
Well, i might actually try the demo. It sounds pretty good.
DiO
You might as well. Its free. You follow MMA much Duppy? I mean, you gotta love Bisping?
Indy
This demo's awesome.
DiO
Career mode looks fucking aweosme.

[youtube]k9FA_pcqKB0[/youtube]
Marney1
So who wants this game then 'cos I do. An online leaderboard would be great.
DiO
This game is awesome. Career has one flaw. You get too much cred to fast and you end up fighting guys that have MUCH higher stats than you. For example, I fought Chris Leban and hes 80 overall as I was 30 overall. I was hard to beat even on the second easiest difficulty. So for a tip, when doing career, try and keep your cred as low as possible. Take the "easier" fights and don't have sponsor logos on your shorts. I am starting over. I had it on beginner facing Amir Sedola (sp?). I was whooping his ass but the first head kick he hits knocked me the fuck out. I hope they fix this. I don't know if I will bother with career at this point.
Massacre
Thinking about getting this but I'm a character creation addict. There is a create a fighter, right? How is it?
DiO
QUOTE(Massacre @ May 20 2009, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1503258[/snapback]
Thinking about getting this but I'm a character creation addict. There is a create a fighter, right? How is it?

Its the career mode I just described. Too fucking hard.
Marney1
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 21 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1503381[/snapback]

You had any online fights yet?
DiO
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 20 2009, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1503382[/snapback]
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 21 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1503381[/snapback]

2. Won 1, lost 1. Its pretty awesome. Its hard to get in a match with someone you know. You invite. By the time they respond someone else enters the fight before they can. Its pretty gay. You can't kick either. So I can't kick anyone that joins. Its a pretty fucking stupid mistake to make. I wonder if these devs ever play video games.

edit

That being said this game is a fucking blast. And career mode is only too hard if you mind losing fights. I'm a bitch and want a perfect record.
Marney1
QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 21 2009, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1503387[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 20 2009, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1503382[/snapback]

2. Won 1, lost 1. Its pretty awesome. Its hard to get in a match with someone you know. You invite. By the time they respond someone else enters the fight before they can. Its pretty gay. You can't kick either. So I can't kick anyone that joins. Its a pretty fucking stupid mistake to make. I wonder if these devs ever play video games.

edit

That being said this game is a fucking blast. And career mode is only too hard if you mind losing fights. I'm a bitch and want a perfect record.

I will get this game soon. (Like the "Can't kick" bit lol)
DiO
Career is getting easier. You just have to stick it out. My stats are a bit better. It makes a difference. Once I get in the 80s Ill change the difficulty back up methinks.
Zen
I actually found the demo really fun.

The graphics look superb, I wouldn't expect any less from THQ though as they're pretty well known for making people look realistic.

The gameplay is good and bad. The punching and kicking, mixed with the rumble, feels very realistic but at the same time feels like you will eventually end up button mashing. I also don't like the fact that it can be random, you could be pummeling the other dude and he can knock you out in one punch. It's insane. The game could do with assisting you with the controls a bit better also, looking through countless pages of buttons is rather confusing.

But it's fun and I'll probably get the full game.

I also love the fact you can get them on the floor and turn their faces into mashed potato. smile.gif

My quickest knockout thus far is 11 seconds, against Chuck Liddell with my first punch.
DiO
QUOTE(Zen @ May 22 2009, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1503810[/snapback]
but at the same time feels like you will eventually end up button mashing.

I have to full game. It does not work. I face people who button mash and I knock them out all the time cause I know what I am doing.
Indy
I got this awesome knockout against my mate yesterday, we were fighting in the lightest class and he was kickin my ass all over the place. Then randomly I took two steps back, ran at him, an just as he lifted back to punch me I hooked him in the face and knocked him out. It's stuff like this that makes the game so good.
DiO
Jesus fuck the tasks at the training camps can be irritating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.