Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got bored, edited a photo.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion
psychÝ
The original:

The edited:

Various techniques used including, filters, extraction, curves, gradients, layer blending, burning and dodging, the paint brushes and hue and saturation changes.

It might be finished it might not be don't really know what else to do with it.
TwoFacedTanner
Well, I gotta say, I like the edit much more than the original picture, kinda looks like the sun is going down.
Indy
Really nice picture. I couldn't help myself:
Qdeathstar
I think the blue is a bit more realistic, since there aren't any clouds in the sky.

I like the blue better, but they are both nice.

Those are some nice slopes.... the ones in west virginia are nothing like that O.o
psychÝ
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 18 2009, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1490822[/snapback]
I think the blue is a bit more realistic, since there aren't any clouds in the sky.

Those are some nice slopes.... the ones in west virginia are nothing like that O.o

The blue really isn't more realistic, to even claim it is realistic in the slightest is a kind of joke, I presumed he wasn't going for a realistic look but more of an arty, new tech look, hence the top and bottom boarders. The only time you would see that colour ice is when it is a sheet with a base of snow below it and you can't ski on that for shit.

And there are clouds in the sky, it just happens mountains are very high so the sky also have a valley in it, the clouds are forming there at about 2500 meters.

However I agree my photo should have clouds or something to that effect, but it isn't a necessity for those actual colours to be achieved (or similar) in real life as it is due to the diffraction of light in the atmosphere.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Mar 18 2009, 10:20 PM) [snapback]1490956[/snapback]

The blue really isn't more realistic, to even claim it is realistic in the slightest is a kind of joke, I presumed he wasn't going for a realistic look but more of an arty, new tech look, hence the top and bottom boarders. The only time you would see that colour ice is when it is a sheet with a base of snow below it and you can't ski on that for shit.

And there are clouds in the sky, it just happens mountains are very high so the sky also have a valley in it, the clouds are forming there at about 2500 meters.

However I agree my photo should have clouds or something to that effect, but it isn't a necessity for those actual colours to be achieved (or similar) in real life as it is due to the diffraction of light in the atmosphere.

dude.
Massacre
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Mar 18 2009, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1490956[/snapback]

cuda is your boi
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 18 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1490973[/snapback]
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Mar 18 2009, 10:20 PM) [snapback]1490956[/snapback]

dude.

Best post, EVER.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.