Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St. Patrick's Day
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?

Do people in England even celebrate St. Pat's? Or is it mostly an American excuse to drink and pinch people not wearing green>?
GLC
Shit, I didn't even know it was today... >_>
PabloHoneyOle
It's tomorrow (hence the subtitle "Green Beer on Tuesday")

Get a fucking calendar.
Massacre
Some guy pinched me for not wearing green on St. Patricks Day once. I picked him up and dropped him collarbone-first onto a metal railing. Funny thing is, I actually knew the guy and we still hang out. He hasn't tried to pinch anyone since. I never have St. Patty's Day plans any more, though, fucking sobriety...
DiO
Hopefully going to a party. Ill probably drink most of a 26'er straight from the bottle like I usually do at parties. I try and share lots but not everyone wants to drink without chase.
Heartless
Saint Pattie's ain't lookin' to be unlike everyother day o' the year. Woooo, I'm already blitzed.
DiO
QUOTE(Heartless @ Mar 16 2009, 12:53 PM) [snapback]1490479[/snapback]
Saint Pattie's ain't lookin' to be unlike everyother day o' the year. Woooo, I'm already blitzed.

Ain't unlike, eh?

Fucking double negatives.
Heartless
There is an american urban legend that lucky charms are illegal in ireland.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm hoping for a house party, but I think all of my single friends want to go try and finger drunk girls at a shitty local bar.

I'd be happy to just drink and smoke on the back porch with a couple good friends.
TwoFacedTanner
I stopped drinking last year, around december firstish.

My friends played a horrible joke on me, I got to the party late, they all acted drunk. So I played catch-up.
Being part Ruskie, I downed a lot of vodka, no problem, then was so drunk I thought Kahlua was choclate milk and chugged a lot of that. They told me that I got up, walked over to a wall, stared at it for a few mins, and barfed all over it, this black vomit. I remember doing that, after that, I woke up sleeping on a toilet at 7am.
Apparently I had called a girl who I had once been close to, but hadn't talked to me in a long time, and asked he why she hated me. Left he voice mail after voice mail saying the same thing. Which, I guess worked because we got close again, I got off the sauce, and now I'm just sober.

So the point I'm trying to make is...all I'm gonna do tomorrow is hit up the gym, and play some video games. Since I'm off and have all day to do it.

And God help anyone that pinches me, I'm going to slap the fuck out of them.
asthenia
Getting.
fucked.
up.
Voodoo.
I'm getting started early. I'm planning a big bowl of Lucky Charms at around 4am, as well.

coreyko_2003
Not drinking Tuesday night as I have to work the next day. Might smoke a little pot though.
Heartless
QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Mar 17 2009, 01:29 AM) [snapback]1490628[/snapback]
Not drinking Tuesday night as I have to work the next day. Might smoke a little pot though.

lol green.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Mar 16 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]1490628[/snapback]

I don't think I've ever know you to not be drunk...
DiO
I just headed over to my buddies house at 1 in the am. So it is Patty's day. He gave me a thermos of straight rum in which I chugged in 10 mins. Drunk a good amount. Its 3 am now. Going to bed. Hopefully I will get drunk again later today.
koneko
I'll probably head downtown... they're closing off 2nd avenue, so that should be fun.
asthenia
I wish we did more for it here.
Mekstizzle
It's an excuse for pubs/places around here to earn a few more squid other than that not really by the looks of things, especially with the recent resurgance in Irish terrorism people and especially cos it's all St patricks fault for bringing Christianity to Ireland

Oh and for Americans, they all constantly talk down on Europe until they get their excuse to suddenly re-find their European Irish heritage so they can drink 35% more than they normally, with their Bud Light in both hands

Bud fucking Light
psychÝ
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Mar 17 2009, 01:15 PM) [snapback]1490662[/snapback]
It's an excuse for pubs/places around here to earn a few more squid other than that not really by the looks of things, especially with the recent resurgance in Irish terrorism people and especially cos it's all St patricks fault for bringing Christianity to Ireland

Oh and for Americans, they all constantly talk down on Europe until they get their excuse to suddenly re-find their European Irish heritage so they can drink 35% more than they normally, with their Bud Light in both hands

Bud fucking Light

Indeed, I was thinking how exactly do you have st patricks day with shit weak beer....
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(KoreyKo @ Mar 17 2009, 01:29 AM) [snapback]1490628[/snapback]

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(The Mekstizzle @ Mar 17 2009, 07:15 AM) [snapback]1490662[/snapback]

Yeeeah, I know the type. I was near a bar one year and this group of guys were walking around yelling that they were Irish.
Which I mean, with enough alcohol anyone can be Irish.

Me on the other hand, I know I have English heritage so when I make fun of you guys is kinda like a black guy telling a black joke.

Riiiight? ohmy.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I would never want to be associated with the filthy irish, even on St. Patrick's Day.
bOnEs
since when have you ever needed an excuse to drink? it's st. patty's day for me every weekend, and some days sprinkled in during the week... so, today gets no special treatment because i get to drink OMG green beer!! big fucking deal...
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Went to the Irish part of town (a lot of Irish people still here from the Scotland vs Ireland game) and drank Guinness all night. Got to 17 pints, although I did start drinking at 1pm. Met James Nesbit.

Stoic: Do you have to be so damn rude all the time?
Ex-PS Fanboy
Smoked a super blunt, then 5 joints, then another blunt, then hit the bong. That's about it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 18 2009, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1490910[/snapback]
Stoic: Do you have to be so damn rude all the time?

My descendants are Irish. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I apologize for you taking that too seriously.

QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Mar 18 2009, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1490912[/snapback]
Smoked a super blunt, then 5 joints, then another blunt, then hit the bong. That's about it.

There were mad blunts rolling at the house party I was at as well. Green is green is green.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Yeah well played. It was the fucking calendar thing actually.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 18 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1490919[/snapback]
Yeah well played. It was the fucking calendar thing actually.

That was actually friendly banter with GLC. I'll tone it down. Don't want people thinking I'm a jerk.

bOnEs
what's with all the dead wolf pics stoic? trying to make us feel bad for the wolves or something?
TwoFacedTanner
Its obviously his Pedo Wolf brethren, struck down by the man.

Duuh
Massacre
Oh, right, they're wolves, not dogs! He's fucking with werewolf. I get it now. doh (12).gif I can't believe I didn't catch that.
Pieface
Back on topic, there's no Irish drunk talk in here or anything.
hey_blinkin
My whole family is Irish.

Everyday is St. Patricks Day. Bunch of loud, drunk people celebrating meaningless calendar days.
Don Leone
I'm half Irish (English dad, and live in UK), and nobody in my family gives a toss about St Patrick's Day. I don't think even the Irish care about it as much as the Americans do. It's a pretty meaningless day; just an excuse to drink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.