Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the next sony/microsoft/nintendo?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
The Awesome One
i read in the paper about a month ago that VIRGIN are developing a games console.thats the virgin that brang you trains,phones and planes,and even my internet browser.it was coming,as richard branson and his crew have worked on almost everything.expect the console to be red.
ENVi3
sources?

i think Apple is more likely to enter the console war ....
The Awesome One
sources are www.virginmedia.com (the irony)and english newspaper "the sun". i read this about 2-4 weeks ago,so maybe its in a archive.apple also could make a games console,you are right there.
trathen93
have you got any links for this as it can be arkward looking through archive files.

i wouldnt be too surprised anyway, richard branson is normally capable of making anything sucessful, then selling it for a huge profit and moving on to his next project. it would probably just be a oppertunity to make money.
Indy
Would you buy it though? It would be extremely adventerous and he'd need alot of exclusives/3rd party deals.
psychÝ
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 15 2009, 09:44 AM) [snapback]1490338[/snapback]
sources are www.virginmedia.com (the irony)and english newspaper "the sun". i read this about 2-4 weeks ago,so maybe its in a archive.apple also could make a games console,you are right there.

The sun isn't a valid source for anything.
Pieface
Theres nothing on virginmedia.com either. Only about their games company Virgin PLAY
The Awesome One
crap.well,i swear i read it there.ill start looking through the magazines.virginmedia.com has a games section,andas i said 2-4 weeks ago i read it.when i am bothered ill look on google,but im watching the footie.its half-time.oh, guy who said the massive PLAY,i know.its pretty obivous virgin dont have a console yet.
DiO
It would probably be a bad idea. The 360 and PS3 have yet to peak. The games are only getting better and bigger. And the Wii is still selling faster than a fat whore can have an orgasm fucking a nigger midget while eating beef jerky.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Mar 16 2009, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1490482[/snapback]
And the Wii is still selling faster than a fat whore can have an orgasm fucking a black dude midget while eating beef jerky.

Nice metaphore.

I searched it up on google and i think its a load of bollox. And if it is true then its a bad move for Virgin as there is so much competition out there from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

The only market i could think they could possibly do well in is a portable market with some fantastic exclusive games and have internet access etc. Bit like the Playstation Portable only minus the 'fantastic games' part.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 17 2009, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1490594[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Mar 16 2009, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1490482[/snapback]
And the Wii is still selling faster than a fat whore can have an orgasm fucking a black dude midget while eating beef jerky.

Nice metaphore.

I searched it up on google and i think its a load of bollox. And if it is true then its a bad move for Virgin as there is so much competition out there from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

The only market i could think they could possibly do well in is a portable market with some fantastic exclusive games and have internet access etc. Bit like the Playstation Portable only minus the 'fantastic games' part.

well,im not lieing.i havent heard anything else on it,but the news hadnt surprised me.
Pieface
So, you're not lying. Yet there is nothing on Google results. Nothing on virginmedia.com. Nothing on any virgin website. Nothing on Virgin PLAY.
psychÝ
QUOTE(Pieface @ Mar 17 2009, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1490762[/snapback]
So, you're not lying. Yet there is nothing on Google results. Nothing on virginmedia.com. Nothing on any virgin website. Nothing on Virgin PLAY.

To be fair he "reads" The Sun you can hardly expect him to know what he is typing.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 17 2009, 05:53 PM) [snapback]1490709[/snapback]
QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 17 2009, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1490594[/snapback]

Nice metaphore.

well,im not lieing.i havent heard anything else on it,but the news hadnt surprised me.

I wasn't saying you were lying. Just that your information is most likely wrong.
PabloHoneyOle
Hey guys, last night God came and spoke to me and said that Cheetos will make the next console, not Virgin.
The Awesome One
wow,there are people here who slaughtered me for my sarcasm,then do the same to me!

this isnt a lie,theres no personal gain!and look properly on virginmedia.com,there is a games section that talks about 360,ps3,wii etc.so if nothing else comes up,sorry.

virgin do have the money to do it though,remeber microsoft got lots of new games quickly when the 1st xbox came out!
PabloHoneyOle
You can't just say something, provide no source and expect anyone on here to believe you.

Maybe you dreamt it or your parents are putting psychedelics in your Cheerios.

The Awesome One
you should tell the historians that god exsits,they want that info.

theres nothing wrong with the sun and its rumorness!looks like i need to phone collins,i made a new word!(and it makes sense)

well cheetos making a games console?crispy.

i gave a source,its just not there!

my reading of the sun is reading the odd and breaking news stories,and looking at the sports section!
PabloHoneyOle
It sure was a shocker.

Fail x 1000. Any credibility you had is long gone. Congrats.
werewolf23
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 18 2009, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1490885[/snapback]
You can't just say something, provide no source and expect anyone on here to believe you.

Maybe you dreamt it or your parents are putting psychedelics in your Cheerios.

"You can't just say something, provide no source and expect anyone on here to believe you."

you do it all the time!!! you accused me of committing a horrible crime just today, twice, without any proof or reason to.

(oh yeah, these 'rules' you espouse don't seem to have to apply to you though.)

"wow,there are people here who slaughtered me for my sarcasm,then do the same to me!"
yeah, somehow they think they 'win' like that.

too many mean-spirited bullshit comments in here, people. why always feel you have to put people down?
it could be a genuine discussion, debate, back and forth... instead of just a bunch of hot air and rudeness.

this site is going downhill. just like the GTA games. it's just not as fun anymore. and that's too bad.

PabloHoneyOle

Click on my profile and you can see all the posts I've made and comment on all of them.

When are you leaving this site? Try Foxnews.com's forums or the PTA's, I'm sure you'd feel more at home there.
werewolf23

"When are you leaving this site?"

Not leaving the site...

As usual, you avoided the most pertinent parts of a previous post you are 'responding' to:

"You can't just say something, provide no source and expect anyone on here to believe you."

you do it all the time!!! you accused me of committing a horrible crime just today, twice, without any proof or reason to.

At least you finally have a good photo under your name. The other one is just rotten. Proves you are not a good-hearted person.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1490924[/snapback]
"When are you leaving this site?"

Not leaving the site...

As usual, you avoided the most pertinent parts of a previous post you are 'responding' to:

At least you finally have a good photo under your name. The other one is just rotten. Proves you are not a good-hearted person.

You are so ridiculously lame. I'm sorry I'm so mean. Perhaps I didn't have as moral parents as you are. Mine were too busy posting on internet forums to pay attention to me and my heart turned black.

As far as your crimes, I found this linked to your profile... care to explain?

The Awesome One
i dont want credit,im giving info!i dont care if im dis-respected,i just hate it when they enforce one rule then it dont apply to them!
PabloHoneyOle
You should add werewolf23 as a friend. I'm going to.

I'm just asking for a source.
Otherwise it's hearsay and that's only acceptable when making fun of people, not creating posts.
Massacre

I've kept out of it thus far but come on, how can you not love a good old fashioned cunt-punch?!
The Awesome One
im looking on net,forums and everything else!only sources at the mo are virginmedia.com and the sun!srry!
werewolf23
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 18 2009, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1490936[/snapback]

I've kept out of it thus far but come on, how can you not love a good old fashioned cunt-punch?!

I meant the werewolf one. The punch loop was stupid.
The new one is just chicken shit and wrong.
Doesn't prove anything except what a complete asshole he really is.

I'm proud to be quoted underneath his posts now, btw.
Stand by every word, and am glad more folks will see it.
Hopefully others will report him, as well, when he gets that far out of line.

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 18 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1490941[/snapback]
im looking on net,forums and everything else!only sources at the mo are virginmedia.com and the sun!srry!

It's nice to back up what you say, but don't worry too much about it here... Obviously stoic, for one, doesn't feel the need to.

"I'm just asking for a source.
Otherwise it's hearsay and that's only acceptable when making fun of people, not creating posts."

He says one thing and does the opposite quite regularly.

Losing credibility every step of the way.
Massacre
QUOTE(werewolf23 @ Mar 18 2009, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1490942[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Mar 18 2009, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1490936[/snapback]

I meant the werewolf one. The punch loop was stupid.
The new one is just chicken shit and wrong.
Doesn't prove anything except what a complete asshole he really is.

I'm proud to be quoted underneath his posts now, btw.
Stand by every word, and am glad more folks will see it.
Hopefully others will report him, as well, when he gets that far out of line.

Oh, I see.

As for the rest of it, like I said, I'm not in it, I just wanted to make my vagina joke and be on my way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a massage parlor to go to...
The Awesome One
i now declare this topic as spam.
Pieface
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 18 2009, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1490941[/snapback]

Seriously I have scoured virginmedia, and I go on that website every day (I have an email account) and I have never seen anything such as this. I would like to be proven wrong but I just don't think I am. I don't see why they would announce their own console, and then the whole story dissapears. They'd start advertising it at every single free space.

Also stop the spamming guys.
The Awesome One
well,im sorry.but i cant remeber the exact story,so it was probably a rumor.virginmedia.com tend to talk about virgin like its a other company,and the sun is full of rumors.

i declare it a rumor.i didnt read the full story,but i also wanted to know if anyone else had any info.and,if virgin did anncounce it,it wouldnt spread round to everyone,as virgin know people are low on dosh,and they have big competiton.
hey_blinkin
There's nothing on the Virgin corporate site mentioning this. I looked through career postings to see if there were any positions related to gaming outside of the Virgin Games site and also came across nothing.

Where did this information come from?
The Awesome One
hey_blinkin
Hmm, it just seems silly to post such a farfetched "rumor".

I highly doubt Virgin Media will ever be able to hold it's weight against Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, EVER.
The Awesome One
it wont last,i posted so you could laugh at them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.