Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 British soldiers, 1 Police Officer murdered
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
TwoFacedTanner
Well I will say that the North Irish word things funny.

Continuity IRA shot dead officer
Overdose
HA good point, i never actually noticed that.

But in all seriousness, those young lads didn't deserve that. They weren't even born during the troubles and were only about 12 when the good friday agreement was brought in. I passed the two hearses on my way home from work today on the motorway and it got me thinking, what if the troubles started again? You wouldn't even feel safe goin out for a night with your mates.
Mekstizzle
It's not like EVERYONE would suddenly just stop and pretend that the division etc.. doesn't exist, you're bound to get a few who still want it to continue. Who form one of the hundreds of splinter IRA groups and go ahead and do something, initially I thought this might....might just kick something off but I reckon they'll just be small isolated incidents, the peace process has gone too far, unless things get real bad in terms of the recession etc.. in that area, you probably won't see much over there
Pieface
Indeed. There was some guy on the news "Oh yeah, I'd love to join the IRA cos they are erm.. right" Well why the fuck don't you join them retard and just die. Religion is a fucking joke sometimes.
The Awesome One
sadly,i think the troubles in ireland could start up again.i hope it dont,as i havent had much conflict thats close to where i live,and the ira could attack england.brown has to toughen up on terriosm while he can.
Austin
No there's no popular support for a return to conflict. Just a few murdering psychopaths with nothing to do with their lives.
The Awesome One
news of the world has pics of masked men with petrol bombs attacking police.this isnt a few crazed men running around.
Overdose
There is no need for an IRA anymore, it was formed round 1913 to basically get the brits out, but all they managed to do was chase them 100 miles up the road. Sadly i feel that Northern Ireland will never be united with the south again, but these men that think that they're some kind of 'freedom fighters' refuse to accept it and think that if they kill a few soldiers, Britain will just let go of the north. Well guess what IT'S NOT GUNNA HAPPEN, accept it and move on.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(Overdose @ Mar 16 2009, 08:07 PM) [snapback]1490525[/snapback]
There is no need for an IRA anymore, it was formed round 1913 to basically get the brits out, but all they managed to do was chase them 100 miles up the road. Sadly i feel that Northern Ireland will never be united with the south again, but these men that think that they're some kind of 'freedom fighters' refuse to accept it and think that if they kill a few soldiers, Britain will just let go of the north. Well guess what IT'S NOT GUNNA HAPPEN, accept it and move on.

The demographics of the 6 counties is changing fast, soon enough you'll get a re-unification of Ireland, just wait and eventually another referendum will happen and it won't be like the one in the 70's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.