Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what the fuck is going on in the world
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Bain
Ok, so I have been a little busy the past two years to follow politics like I used to, and it seems to me that America is just one step at a time imploding. Russia has so many problems itself, but they are also a concern that we will have to deal with. China and the far east including India are all just kind of waiting. South America is becoming more and more bold led by H Chavez in its actions that we used to condemn.

I dont know what the future is but Im just curious as to everyone elses overall opinion and if theres an overall topic you would like to discuss I would like to hear it....

Anything you might feel I or anyone could be filled in on as well, post it.
Qdeathstar
Nothing new is going on in the world, its about the same as it was 6 months ago, but to a shittier degree.
TwoFacedTanner
Christian fanatics will tell you that the world is ending.

Bain
How about compared to 2 years ago.
TwoFacedTanner
Well in regards to what I said, they'd tell you the same thing. They've been saying it since 9/11.
And before that 2000.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Mar 6 2009, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1488772[/snapback]

I hope the world is ending. We are all going to die one day, this seems a much more intriguing way to die then lets say, old age.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 5 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1488793[/snapback]

I hope the world is ending. We are all going to die one day, this seems a much more intriguing way to die then lets say, old age.

Thats fucked up.
I don't want to go down with you.
Qdeathstar
I don't see why it matters.

Shit, if the world was ending imagine the things you could do... steal a fast car, Fly an airplane, jump of a building, storm the white house.... whatever, it wouldn't matter....

The only thing holding the world together is the promise of tomorrow and you can bet that without that the place would go crazy, and that sounds like one hell of an exciting ride...

I'd get me a plane and ride it till it ran out of gas....

Bain
Id probably just chill somewhere.
Heartless
The world is ending; everything ends. Nothing really matters, and what we do here doesn't even amount to a blink in time. The things we accomplish here on earth are so insignificant that it is hardly to say that anything happened at all. If you were to look at time from the broadest spectrum, our lives, our world, our reality, would have already ended.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
The world's not much worse than it was 2 years ago. The economy's been horribly mismanaged, but it just happened that it hit breaking point recently. It's not like a new thing has happened to make it collapse.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Mar 5 2009, 11:30 PM) [snapback]1488793[/snapback]

I agree. The Apocalypse would be much better than a stroke or heart attack.
Heartless
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 6 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1488819[/snapback]
The world's not much worse than it was 2 years ago. The economy's been horribly mismanaged, but it just happened that it hit breaking point recently. It's not like a new thing has happened to make it collapse.

Bullshit. The economy comes and goes in waves. I took some college courses in middle school, and my economics prof presented an idea that my generation would face a seriously economically depressed time. And it came true. Unless he was secretly jesus, he saw this coming through a logical progression of events.
Qdeathstar
Well then, nothing in the world has changed since two years ago, has it?

change would be like... acceleration, not speed.

Bain
Woohooo looks like Im resigning my contact in '12
QUOTE(Heartless @ Mar 7 2009, 04:09 AM) [snapback]1488969[/snapback]

Bullshit. The economy comes and goes in waves. I took some college courses in middle school, and my economics prof presented an idea that my generation would face a seriously economically depressed time. And it came true. Unless he was secretly jesus, he saw this coming through a logical progression of events.
Say "bullshit" then write something that agrees with what I said completely...Hrm.
Bain
Well you said 'breaking point' and 'collapse' so I assume he meant that it will rebound and its just in a horrible state currently.
Indy
If anyone, China will revive the world from economic depression.
Skinny 
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 8 2009, 06:28 AM) [snapback]1489069[/snapback]
It's not like a new thing has happened to make it collapse.

It didn't "collapse". The housing bubble burst, so the constuction industry had to downsize (a few firms go out of business, existing firms have to fire a few employees), a lot of peoples' credit was horribly damaged by the stupid loans they took out so nobody was getting loans to buy cars, so the car industry had to do the same. And since everyone has less money than before, almost all industries had to downsize (but on a smaller scale than the two I mentioned). This involves closing plants and firing people to stay in business, and some firms just can't stay in the market because nobody wants their stuff on the scale they did before - it's not good, but it's not a "collapse" you can go out right now and get any product or service you want.
My point made sense even if the language was lazy, there's no need to focus in on the holes and pick them apart when it makes no difference to the overall meaning.
Heartless
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Mar 7 2009, 02:28 PM) [snapback]1489069[/snapback]
QUOTE(Heartless @ Mar 7 2009, 04:09 AM) [snapback]1488969[/snapback]

Say "bullshit" then write something that agrees with what I said completely...Hrm.

Only if you assume I was in Middle School 2 years ago.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Mar 7 2009, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1489104[/snapback]
If anyone, China will revive the world from economic depression.

Hell no, the fact that China's economy is so much based on export to nations that have been hit hard will mean that China will be hit even harder, it's just that because the PRC controls everything in that country, you'll never see the truth with regards to how bad it will get in China. That's why everyone thinks things are going so rosy/awesome in that country, cos that's all they keep telling everyone else.
Lmoz96
Without America, my country (Israel) is doomed. Certainly.
I feel lost... sad.gif
Marney1
QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 26 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1514738[/snapback]
I feel lost... sad.gif

Without Israel this world would be a better place.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(marney1 @ Jul 26 2009, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1514739[/snapback]
QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 26 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1514738[/snapback]
I feel lost... sad.gif

Without Israel this world would be a better place.

Marney1
Oh look, a freedom fighter
Lmoz96
Any American should agry that without Iran the world is much better.
Who is that natzy?! Did not forget that Hitler wanted to kill EVERY ONE, incloding Arabs and British and Americans?!
We poisend that terrorist known as ARAFAT.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:26 AM) [snapback]1514869[/snapback]
Who is that natzy?! Did not forget that Hitler wanted to kill EVERY ONE, incloding Arabs and British and Americans?!

He wanted to kill us because we wanted to kill him, because he wanted to kill you.
Marneyo Juano
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Jul 27 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1515084[/snapback]

He wanted to kill us because we wanted to kill him, because he wanted to kill you.

No because you weren't of the Aryan race. Except for the brits who he claimed were just a branch of the aryan race inferior only to the germans.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Marneyo Juano @ Jul 28 2009, 12:37 AM) [snapback]1515119[/snapback]
QUOTE(PS Fanboy @ Jul 27 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]1515084[/snapback]

No because you weren't of the Aryan race. Except for the brits who he claimed were just a branch of the aryan race inferior only to the germans.

So he wanted to kill us even though both the leaders of Canada and the US visited him for lunch in Germany? Doubts. And we were still more British back then than we are now.
Alex37
My country is the best!
Marneyo Juano
What, Latvia?
Alex37
And your family is from...
Marneyo Juano
Jewpiter.
Alex37
LOL (not sarcasic this time).
In cold, jingoistic terms, Britain's defence of the Jewish ehtnicity was an act of national charity. Sure it was buoyed by aggressive declining-empire inadequacy and funded by American military power, but no less it makes Israeli trolling of Britain pretty hilarious. In the most right-wing, "might makes right" terms: You would be dust without "us".
Hardcore Ottoman
^Fully backed.
Zacko
QUOTE(Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Aug 4 2009, 02:48 AM) [snapback]1516680[/snapback]
In cold, jingoistic terms, Britain's defence of the Jewish ehtnicity was an act of national charity. Sure it was buoyed by aggressive declining-empire inadequacy and funded by American military power, but no less it makes Israeli trolling of Britain pretty hilarious. In the most right-wing, "might makes right" terms: You would be dust without "us".

And crazy Zionists finding a way to get acetone out of chestnuts.

Interesting little read there...
Marneyo Juano
Israel came from a chestnut. Cool story bro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.