Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doe's the Cut Version have any major things taken out? read this if you think you can help me.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
El_Burro
I live in New Zealand and am Unsure if I will be buying the Cut or Uncut version since I have absoloutely no idea what the differences are if I do buy the Cut version what exactly will I be missing out on? if it is just trivial stuff like Hookers and sex etc then I am not worried but does it Cut any missions or sidequests or fun stuff like car chases and shoot outs? Thanks in advance.
The Awesome One
QUOTE(El_Burro @ Mar 1 2009, 01:19 AM) [snapback]1487813[/snapback]
I live in New Zealand and am Unsure if I will be buying the Cut or Uncut version since I have absoloutely no idea what the differences are if I do buy the Cut version what exactly will I be missing out on? if it is just trivial stuff like Hookers and sex etc then I am not worried but does it Cut any missions or sidequests or fun stuff like car chases and shoot outs? Thanks in advance.

as far as i no,the cut versions are in ur nearby junkyard.however,i live in england,so it might not b true.i read it in a mag.ask at ur local game store.
TreeFitty
*ahem* I think it is just cut down on hookers and blood/gore. I'm 99% sure the missions are still the same. There's topics about it on here somewhere, try searching for them.
FuddMan
You'll miss out on the pools of blood that appear under dead bodies and the choice of level of service and camera angles when you hire a hooker. Everything else is exactly the same.
6 shooter
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Mar 1 2009, 04:13 PM) [snapback]1487898[/snapback]
You'll miss out on the pools of blood that appear under dead bodies and the choice of level of service and camera angles when you hire a hooker. Everything else is exactly the same.

Huh, the hooker shit is a minor thing, but removing blood is simply outrageous!
FuddMan
The pools of blood aren't THAT important. I didn't notice they were gone when they messed up the update until someone pointed it out to me. It's the spray you get when you shoot someone/run them over that's awesome, and afaik the censored versions still get that.
Roman
I have actually never noticed blood pools either. When I am killing everyone with 6 stars, I generally don't stop to admire blood pools or the victims I kill 30 feet away. So it is unimportant for me. The only time I have noticed them is when I do an assassination during a mission or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.