Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Killzone 2 Review
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
BioSphere
Graphics:9.5
Sound:9.5
Lighting:9.0
Level Detail: 9.5
Gameplay:9.0
Controls:6.0
Cover System: 7.5
Weapon Selection:7.5
Story:7.5
MultiPlayer:8.5
Overall: 9.0

It is a great game, but yet it lacks new features. I've seen everything before that is in this game besides turning valves with Sixaxis which was pretty cool.
The story seems kind of bland, and the weapons are pretty much work all the same except they look different. There is no split screen. And i wish they brought back the custom control editor they had in the first one. The controls for this game doesn't work that well with me. They also could have thrown in toggle crouch, that kind of gets annoying. But I love the fights, they are highly detailed, and i love the explosions, but it's already getting repetative. The cover system could have been worked on a little more, but it works fairly well. It has a Medal Of Honor Airborne Peek around corners type of cover system which is really neat. This game is an iffy on a purchase. I'd say, rent it first. I bought it, i'm kinda glad i did, but i wish i would have rented it first. Tell me what you think!
ENVi3
QUOTE(BioSphere @ Feb 27 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1487544[/snapback]
I've seen everything before that is in this game besides turning valves with Sixaxis which was pretty cool.
aiming with the sniper rifle with the sixaxis seemed pretty bad ass to me.
TheAnalogKid2112
This demo seemed like every other FPS I've ever played, except too dark. Pass.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 27 2009, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1487599[/snapback]

You're a cunt. Go play rockband.
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm probably against it because everybody else loves it.
aussie_b8ler
I made a post in the original Killzone 2 thread, but I will copy and paste it in here. But first I need to say a few things. I agree with most things you said, however I disagree with your comments on the controls and the weapons.

There are at least 6-8 different control setups. I don't know if you realised this. The default setup is utter shit, but changing it to alternate 2 is the same setup as most fps (most notably the CoD series). This setup works really well, and most people think it works really well. But I guess this is down to personal preference.

I honestly have no idea what you were saying in regards to the weapons. "The weapons are pretty much work all the same except they look different". Maybe you rushed through the game and didn't experiment with all the weapons on offer, but there are a multitude that all differ in functionality and looks. A few of the more memorable include: the flamethrower, the lightning gun (it is as fun as it sounds), the grenade launcher, the bolt gun (this one pins enemies to walls), the RPG, the portable Gatling gun, and perhaps my favourite, the automatic shotgun. Not to mention the plethora of rifles; be it of the automatic, semi-automatic, or sniper variety.

My original post \/ \/

I've had this for the best part of a week, and it is perhaps the best fps on the market (definitely on consoles).

Everything is above and beyond what I had hoped for. The graphics are the best on any console, and the audio is exceptional. If you have an HD TV with surround sound, Killzone 2 will make you feel as though you are in the middle of the war. One issue is the story, which is highly generic. Although there are a few twists and turns in there to keep you guessing.

The levels are all vastly different, which was one of my greatest fears. I thought it would get repetitive but the guys at Guerrilla Games made sure it was entertaining from beginning to end. New enemies, bosses, weapons, and locations make each level more exciting than the last.

Also it is very difficult. The hardest difficulty (elite) is much harder than CoD's Vet difficulty. This is not a bad thing by any means; I just thought that I would mention it.

All in all, Killzone 2 is an amazingly engrossing experience. The visuals, audio, set pieces, insane weaponry, and the amount of action on the screen at one time culminate in a truly next gen fps title. Killzone 2 will be at the top for a long time.

ENVi3
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 27 2009, 07:04 PM) [snapback]1487599[/snapback]
you probably didn't get to adjust the gamma correction did you?
and no, i think Resistance 2 was the darkest, and the worst part was that you couldn't adjust any of the visuals.
GTA IV was kind of dark, but you had to play with the visuals alot before you found the right niche.

QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Feb 28 2009, 01:51 AM) [snapback]1487706[/snapback]
There are at least 6-8 different control setups. I don't know if you realised this. The default setup is utter shit, but changing it to alternate 2 is the same setup as most fps (most notably the CoD series). This setup works really well, and most people think it works really well. But I guess this is down to personal preference.
yeah, same here ... the controls is one of the first things i do in games, sometimes
I honestly have no idea what you were saying in regards to the weapons. "The weapons are pretty much work all the same except they look different". Maybe you rushed through the game and didn't experiment with all the weapons on offer, but there are a multitude that all differ in functionality and looks.
well, i would agree with that ... but i haven't gotten far enough to make any more claims for now
Everything is above and beyond what I had hoped for. The graphics are the best on any console, and the audio is exceptional. If you have an HD TV with surround sound, Killzone 2 will make you feel as though you are in the middle of the war. One issue is the story, which is highly generic.
yeah not to mention its pretty much just a dressed up WWII, in a way
All in all, Killzone 2 is an amazingly engrossing experience. The visuals, audio, set pieces, insane weaponry, and the amount of action on the screen at one time culminate in a truly next gen fps title. Killzone 2 will be at the top for a long time.
meaning it does live up to the hype smile.gif

on another note, Guerrilla posted a Must-Do list http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/27/...for-killzone-2/
BioSphere

I know, I have changed the controls. I used alternate 2 throughout the game. I just didn't like the way it crouched to much. It would have helped if it had toggle crouch. And I'm used to call of duty 4's aiming. This game when you looked around it seems like it starts out slow then it moves fast. Its gonna take me a little to get used to. The other controls are ok.

I honestly have no idea what you were saying in regards to the weapons. "The weapons are pretty much work all the same except they look different". Maybe you rushed through the game and didn't experiment with all the weapons on offer, but there are a multitude that all differ in functionality and looks. A few of the more memorable include: the flamethrower, the lightning gun (it is as fun as it sounds), the grenade launcher, the bolt gun (this one pins enemies to walls), the RPG, the portable Gatling gun, and perhaps my favourite, the automatic shotgun. Not to mention the plethora of rifles; be it of the automatic, semi-automatic, or sniper variety.

I mean the machine guns, They're pretty much all the same. excluding the grenade launcher, flamethrower, etc.
But i do really like the melee when you click R3 2 or 3 times, it gives the enemy a double hit or triple hit. Its kinda cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.