Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conan O'Brien's Tonight show.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
DiO

Apparently it started. I fucking missed it.

-----------------------------

Conan O'Brien is saying good-bye to New York City, his 12:30am time slot, and the "Late Night" show he has hosted for the past 16 years.

Friday night is O'Brien's final show before the host packs it all up, gives the keys to incoming host Jimmy Fallon, and moves west to Los Angeles to take over the "Tonight Show" from its departing host, Jay Leno.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497666,00.html

His last show before he takes over the tonight show. I haven't been watching Late night too often because it is on so late. I am going to watch it for sure tonight and tomorrow. I can't wait for him to take over the tonight show. Ill be able to at least catch the monologue every night.
Darth Sexy
I don't see the big deal. He's essentially going to be hosting the exact same show.
Seeen
Hell yeah! Conan is moving to the West Coast. I can't to make a road-trip to go see him.
PabloHoneyOle
Late night talk shows don't do it for me.

I'm glad Leno's retiring. Is Letterman still around? They should both retire.

Neither of them will ever be Johnny Carson.

DiO
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 27 2009, 02:31 AM) [snapback]1487370[/snapback]
I don't see the big deal. He's essentially going to be hosting the exact same show.

It will be on earlier. It will get better ratings and more a-list celebs. I really don't care about those fucking Hollywood hacks. I just think Conan himself is funny shit.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 27 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1487402[/snapback]

Leno isn't. He will be getting a new show. It will start even earlier before Conan's tonight show.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 27 2009, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1487496[/snapback]
QUOTE(Darth Sexy @ Feb 27 2009, 02:31 AM) [snapback]1487370[/snapback]

It will be on earlier. It will get better ratings and more a-list celebs. I really don't care about those fucking Hollywood hacks. I just think Conan himself is funny shit.

Leno isn't. He will be getting a new show. It will start even earlier before Conan's tonight show.

Oh. Well...

Pieface
Why not just keep them in the same place, but move the time slot and give this Jimmy Fallon his own new show o_O
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 27 2009, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1487576[/snapback]
Why not just keep them in the same place, but move the time slot and give this Jimmy Fallon his own new show o_O

Maybe he wanted to move to Cali.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Seeen @ Feb 26 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1487380[/snapback]
Hell yeah! Conan is moving to the West Coast. I can't to make a road-trip to go see him.

Same here dude. Can't wait. When I went to New York a few years ago, his show was booked solid the whole time.

QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 27 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1487693[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 27 2009, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1487576[/snapback]

Maybe he wanted to move to Cali.

No, he didn't. He's pretty bummed. The whole reason this whole shift happened is because Leno originally said he was retiring. Now he's hosting a 10 o'clock show.
DiO
They still could have just then changed the late night set into the new tonight show set.
bOnEs
i fucking love conan!! that goofy bastard is the funniest man in late-night television... i'm glad that he's taking over for that no-talent leno... lol, actually conan doesn't have much talent either but, he knows that and totally plays that out, which makes it funny... great writing, funny skits, and memorable moments... the one thing he is extremely good at is interviewing celebrities... man has a way with words, and most celebrities really enjoy coming on his show...

D-O, conan gets the a-list celebrities because a-list celebrities love conan... unlike that scottish fuck on CBS...

and i'm a kinda looking forward to jimmy fallon monday night... i like him as well, and hope for the best with him... i am glad they decided to go with him because, i fucking hate carson daly and would of been extremely pissed if he took conan's spot..
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 28 2009, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1487766[/snapback]
i fucking love conan!! that goofy bastard is the funniest man in late-night television... i'm glad that he's taking over for that no-talent leno... lol, actually conan doesn't have much talent either but, he knows that and totally plays that out, which makes it funny... great writing, funny skits, and memorable moments... the one thing he is extremely good at is interviewing celebrities... man has a way with words, and most celebrities really enjoy coming on his show...

D-O, conan gets the a-list celebrities because a-list celebrities love conan... unlike that scottish fuck on CBS...

Ahh, true.

and i'm a kinda looking forward to jimmy fallon monday night... i like him as well, and hope for the best with him... i am glad they decided to go with him because, i fucking hate carson daly and would of been extremely pissed if he took conan's spot..

Ha, Carson isn't that bad. It just isn't near as funny as Conan.
DiO
I've seen a few Jimmy Fallon's. Not bad. The writing isn't the greatest but he has good audience interaction and I like his interviews because they seem like natural conversations. (With the exception when De Niro was on.)
bOnEs
...and his in-house band "the roots", are badass too... yea, i've seen a couple of his shows and i think he's got a bright future in late night entertainment... the show he did on friday night with tracy morgan was pretty damn funny (the audience, jimmy, and tracy were all wearing snuggies, lol)... and he did his first animal show, which was pretty entertaining...

he seems like a natural at keeping it loose with his guests... seems like his show might provide a much different take on the mundane interviews you get with most late night shows...
bOnEs
anyone catch conan's new show last night? i did, thought it was GREAT!! conan stayed away from a lot of his old antics but, that's just because he was severely pressed for time with all the skits and stuff for it being the first show... max weinberg and the tonight show band?!? lol, should of kept the "max weinberg 7" name... also, we'll see how this plays out over the next few weeks but, andy richter is kinda like his sidekick... i thought it was strange but then again, it could get better... plus, i think him and conan first started out "late night" together as well...

will farrell was funny and pearl jam was awesome!!
DiO
It started last night?

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!

Can't believe I missed his first fucking show.
bOnEs
i missed his second show last night... it was tom hanks and green day... might of been a good one...
DiO
Fuck Green day up their ass.

Watched it last night. Watching it right now. Conan still makes me laugh hard. Man I'm glad hes back on.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(S.P.E. @ Jun 4 2009, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1506738[/snapback]
Fuck Canadians up their ass.

Caliph
So whats the name of Leno's new show?
Massacre
QUOTE(Caliph @ Jul 16 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1513206[/snapback]
So whats the name of Leno's new show?

QUOTE(ASSMAN @ Jun 13 2009, 01:38 AM) [snapback]1507728[/snapback]
QUOTE(S.P.E. @ Jun 4 2009, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1506738[/snapback]
Fuck Canadians up their ass.

TheAnalogKid2112
Well I've been watching a shit load of this show lately. I watch it every time I'm high, because that dude just cracks me up. I really enjoy it, but he tends to carry his jokes out for too long, and it makes it uncomfortable sometimes. Otherwise, I freakin' love it. Great new segments, and some great old ones returning. I.E. "In the year 3000"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.