Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IGN Talks Chinatown Wars With R* Leeds
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
With a month to go before the release of Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS, Rockstar are starting to build up some hype for the game. I was actually lucky enough to play GTA Chinatown Wars at Rockstar Games' New York offices a few weeks ago when I was over there, and it is actually an incredibly good game. I only played for about 30 minutes, but we were shown a good hour long demonstration and talked through it by one of the R* guys, and from my first impressions, I was very surprised by what I saw.

I'll be posting a small preview of the game soon (this should have been done last week, but I've been busy writing guides, taking screenshots and making maps and checklists for GTA4: Lost And Damned), however if you've not really been following Chinatown Wars thinking that it's just a small portable game, you're making a BIG mistake because it does actually look as if it's going to be a great game, albeit on a small console.

Anyway, IGN have got an interview with some of the guys from R* Leeds, so you might want to check it out for some details about the new game. If you've got a DS, this game is a must buy, if not, perhaps you're going to want to buy a DS just to play it. Time will tell.

IGN: Rockstar Leeds Talks GTA DS
DiO
Never seen any screen from the game before. It looks pretty awesome.
neko_ceko
I wish they release it for PSP or something.

Oh and shipwreck lol:
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14266989/img_6496203.html
1UP
I gotta agree it looks very impressive for a DS game, I like the graphic style in it, allot more detail then I was expecting. Suppose I might buy it if I ever get a new job, I only played my DS on breaks.

lol, I didn't notice the sunken ship the first time.
PabloHoneyOle
The graphics look pretty good, I just can't imagine staring at those little screens to play GTA.

**Turns on 360 with 42" TV hooked up**

I guess it will be good for those who don't have a console or travel quite a bit, but it's not going to make me run out and get a DS. Ever.
bOnEs
i have to admit this is very impressive... too bad it wasn't a GBA title laugh.gif... i actually got one of those!! biggrin.gif...
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
I still beleive it's a scam to make more people buy the Nintendo DS. Rockstar know GTA: CW will sell well. This is why GTA: LCS and GTA: VCS first came on the PSP and PS2 users had to wait a year, it was to make more people buy the PSP.

QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Feb 26 2009, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1487188[/snapback]

Oh and shipwreck lol:

Why the PSP? What's wrong with the PS3 and XBox 360?
1UP
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Mar 8 2009, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1489199[/snapback]
I still beleive it's a scam to make more people buy the Nintendo DS. Rockstar know GTA: CW will sell well. This is why GTA: LCS and GTA: VCS first came on the PSP and PS2 users had to wait a year, it was to make more people buy the PSP.

QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Feb 26 2009, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1487188[/snapback]

Oh and shipwreck lol:

Why the PSP? What's wrong with the PS3 and XBox 360?

Despite you being wrong on both your arguments...

They came to the DS for a number of reasons, It's been doing very well on it's own, they never did a DS game, this also allows them a new way of making the game due to the touch screen.

As for the PSP titles, it's just absurd to assume such a thing, the game was made for PSP and "ported" to the PS2. There is no way their sales would be better doing this.

Besides that, the only reason Rockstar would have to try an sell a handheld or a console, is if they were paid by Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft, and far as I know Nintendo and Sony never paid them anything for those titles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.