Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MULTIPLAYER
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
Marney1
Lately while playing Free Mode on multiplayer with some online friends I've suddenly found myself all alone.
What happens is that all of a sudden every other players name pops up to say that they've left the game, leaving me as the only player.
I then have to invite them again.

I was wondering if it could be a virus or something on my system.
Any explanation or probable cause would be appreciated because it does my head in especially when I've just spent ten minutes collecting weapons.
PabloHoneyOle
There's a good chance they just left the game.
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 24 2009, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1486547[/snapback]
There's a good chance they just left the game.

When it happens they all go at exactly the same time including my online friends who then message me for an invite back to the game saying they got kicked.
Every player can't be kicked simultainiously like that.
PabloHoneyOle
Could have been a server error and they just dumped the players.

What system are you using? (PS3 I assume)

It's likely that it's not an error on your end, but PSN's.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(marney1 @ Feb 24 2009, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1486512[/snapback]
Lately while playing Free Mode on multiplayer with some online friends I've suddenly found myself all alone.
What happens is that all of a sudden every other players name pops up to say that they've left the game, leaving me as the only player.
I then have to invite them again.

I was wondering if it could be a virus or something on my system.
Any explanation or probable cause would be appreciated because it does my head in especially when I've just spent ten minutes collecting weapons.

Either they left the game by their own choice or they were kicked out, unless their connections crapped out on any of them.
ViceMan
Probably the connection, the chance of everyone leaving at exactly the same second isn't very high, it's happened to me a few times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.