Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crash, every time on destruction for beginners mission
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
davepotnoodle
Hey all i'm a fair way into the game now, have had no real issues apart from occasional fps drops... blah blah, anyway now for some reason whenever i come to play the Destruction for beginners mission it crashes hideously, so that my monitor (a tv) says "no pc input" which it only says when the pc is switched off... (i.e. it doesn't even crash to desktop)
I can't ctrl-alt-del to get out of it, so i have to reboot

I'm running:
AMD phenom quad 2.2ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9600gt
4gb RAM... not sure what else to put.. vista's Performance indexes are all 5.9 except hard drive data transfer rate which is 5.6.
It copes with Crysis fine with 80% of the gfx settings on high, so i'm at a loss as to why it should crash on this, also runs Far Cry 2 perfectly with gfx on high or very high...

So yeah i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with crashes on specific missions? Or am i just incredibly unlucky? Any suggestions would be most welcome smile.gif

EDIT- I played today, and completed 2 other missions before attempting this again, and yet again it crashed. It never crashes at the same point, but always after i've killed the first union leader... this is seriously annoying
HEAT84
Maybe you should try reinstalling the game. Maybe the file with the data for that mission got damaged somehow. Just a guess. Or maybe your hard drive is severely fragmented. If you don't want to defrag the whole hard drive you can use contig to defrag the GTAIV folder.
davepotnoodle
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Feb 25 2009, 04:29 AM) [snapback]1486773[/snapback]
Maybe you should try reinstalling the game. Maybe the file with the data for that mission got damaged somehow. Just a guess. Or maybe your hard drive is severely fragmented. If you don't want to defrag the whole hard drive you can use contig to defrag the GTAIV folder.

Re-install worked a treat, cheers buddy smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.