Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gta 5 storyline idea
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
mjw911
throughout the gta games there has been a pattern where you start out as nobody and through playing the game you become this crime superstar with lots of money. but maybe rockstar should take a different approach to the next one. maybe you start out as a rich high powered mob guy who has pretty much everything but wants more. but because he wants more, he takes bigger chances and bigger sacrifices. and by the time the end of the game is close, he realizes he lost everything he has ever loved because he was a power hungry asshole. (so instead of being nobody to somebody, you go from being somebody to nobody) i just thought rockstar could surprise us with something different this time. haha thoughts?
Massacre
Cool concept, it's just that after IV and L&D, I'm kind of fed up with the depressing endings...
mjw911
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 23 2009, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1486481[/snapback]
Cool concept, it's just that after IV and L&D, I'm kind of fed up with the depressing endings...

HAHA! yeah thas so true. both ending were kinda depressing
FuddMan
That would kinda suck, you put all your effort into the game and you end up a million times worse off at the end of it. A positive story (i.e. rags to riches, not vice-versa) is a much more rewarding concept. Also, imagine ending the story with no money. What the fuck would you do then? Lie in the gutter and press 'B' to beg every time a pedestrian walks past? No thanks.
Massacre
Actually, regardless of storyline, the begging thing would be a good minigame. Following the correct button combinations nets your more cash, begging in the same area for too long gets the cops after you. It'd be best if the next game's storyline left you even worse off than GTA IV did.
new major on the block
Interesting, although i would rather have a really long story line that goes riches to rags, stay like that for a while and make it back to riches

lol, add that begging thing too.
TwoFacedTanner
Look what you did Duff.
Now that gonna be on the GTAV wishlist.
Massacre
It's my fault; I shouldn't have run with it. There've been worse side missions, you've got to admit.
AlanRVP
QUOTE(mjw911 @ Feb 23 2009, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1486477[/snapback]
throughout the gta games there has been a pattern where you start out as nobody and through playing the game you become this crime superstar with lots of money. but maybe rockstar should take a different approach to the next one. maybe you start out as a rich high powered mob guy who has pretty much everything but wants more. but because he wants more, he takes bigger chances and bigger sacrifices. and by the time the end of the game is close, he realizes he lost everything he has ever loved because he was a power hungry asshole. (so instead of being nobody to somebody, you go from being somebody to nobody) i just thought rockstar could surprise us with something different this time. haha thoughts?

seruiosly it sucks because if you notice all the characters are looking for money and revenge and mixing with the biggests mobs on the city to get on the top
Massacre
QUOTE(AlanRVP @ Feb 25 2009, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1487049[/snapback]
seruiosly it sucks because if you notice all the characters are looking for money and revenge and mixing with the biggests mobs on the city to get on the top

Are you talking about his idea, or the existing storylines?
AlanRVP
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 25 2009, 06:33 PM) [snapback]1487050[/snapback]

of his idea of course
Massacre
QUOTE(AlanRVP @ Feb 26 2009, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1487195[/snapback]

of his idea of course

I don't know you, so I don't know if you like more action or more story, but for me personally, I like the idea, as long as it includes New Major's idea of building back up. It would be cool to start out big in the opening cutscene and first mission, where your character is rich and has the usual fake friends that rich people have. Then, something (I haven't thought about what actually happens yet) happens, and you're broke and out on your ass. You lose everything, and not only do your crime boss "friends" refuse to help you, but you find out that they were actually responsible for your downfall. The missions would have to be extremely gritty and dirty, because you'd be mixing with the kind of lowlifes you wouldn't have bothered with in your rich days, maybe even seeking the help of your old rivals. Slowly (I mean a San Andreas-like number of missions), you build yourself back up, killing all of your old friends in the process and ending up rich again just in time for a strand of missions revolving around taking down your rival, who helped you earlier in the game. So, his idea was good, it just needed to be expanded on and modified a little.

Not trying to start an argument, that's just how I see it.
PabloHoneyOle

of his idea of course

Are you kidding? I think it's a great idea. So good infact, I'm on the phone, RIGHT NOW with Rockstar trying to pitch it to them. They say it's got great potential, a fresh perspective and a groundbreaking storyline that will change the face of videogames and digital entertainment for centuries to come.
asthenia
Stoic don't just give them the idea. Make them beg.

Make the bitches press B!
mjw911
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 26 2009, 11:06 AM) [snapback]1487200[/snapback]

of his idea of course

I don't know you, so I don't know if you like more action or more story, but for me personally, I like the idea, as long as it includes New Major's idea of building back up. It would be cool to start out big in the opening cutscene and first mission, where your character is rich and has the usual fake friends that rich people have. Then, something (I haven't thought about what actually happens yet) happens, and you're broke and out on your ass. You lose everything, and not only do your crime boss "friends" refuse to help you, but you find out that they were actually responsible for your downfall. The missions would have to be extremely gritty and dirty, because you'd be mixing with the kind of lowlifes you wouldn't have bothered with in your rich days, maybe even seeking the help of your old rivals. Slowly (I mean a San Andreas-like number of missions), you build yourself back up, killing all of your old friends in the process and ending up rich again just in time for a strand of missions revolving around taking down your rival, who helped you earlier in the game. So, his idea was good, it just needed to be expanded on and modified a little.

Not trying to start an argument, that's just how I see it.

actually, thats not a bad idea. i'm more of an action kinda guy though

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 26 2009, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1487205[/snapback]

of his idea of course

Are you kidding? I think it's a great idea. So good infact, I'm on the phone, RIGHT NOW with Rockstar trying to pitch it to them. They say it's got great potential, a fresh perspective and a groundbreaking storyline that will change the face of videogames and digital entertainment for centuries to come.

really!? thanks Stoic! smile.gif
Massacre
QUOTE(mjw911 @ Feb 26 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1487245[/snapback]
actually, thats not a bad idea. i'm more of an action kinda guy though

I've always wanted a more dramatic GTA, so I continue to hope it will be more like IV than SA, which was really cartoonish. Also, in all the GTA's, they were never as gritty as I wanted them to be. I'd be fine with being in rags the whole game, with a meth lab in my safehouse and hookers loitering in my driveway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.