Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the fuck is up with my game?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
Shalashaska
When i try play GTA i get this really random audio issue, it sounds like someone is playing a really loud synthesizer over the top of the games audio, then i normally get a disc read error shortly after. I can't play the new DLC because of this, so i thought installing the game could help.

I installed the game, and went to load up TLAD and i get a disc read error... DISC READ ERROR. Wtf is up with that? It shouldn't even be reading from disc. I'm still getting the dodgy noise too, is it possible that it's installed the errors somehow?

Really annoying anyway, as i can't access the DLC.

Was wondering if anyone else had the same problem/knew what was wrong.

Cheers
FuddMan
Do you get similar problems with any other games? If you do, your console's knackered. If you don't, your disc is broken - installing doesn't help since the console has to verify the disc briefly before starting the game to make sure it's not a copy.
Shalashaska
Must be my disc thats knackered then, because everything else is fine.

My original plan was to install my mates game, then use my disc to play it (i thought that might work), so i took my game and HDD up to his to show him what happened, and it worked fine on his :\

So i assumed my Disc was OK, but it doesn't work on mine.

istealkegs
O man... I am having problems with GTA also... but not the same ones.

About a week before TLAD came out, I was playing GTA and got Red Rings. My console wouldn't even turn on after that happened, and when I called M$, they told me that if I push the power button, and it doesn't turn on, then the box isn't covered under the warranty. Then they told me I would have to pay $100 to have it fixed... plus wait a month for it.

I then bought an Arcade 360, and used the hard drive that I already had. Since my GTA game was in the old XBOX (I couldnt get it out because I couldn't turn it on) I borrowed a friends copy of the game because he doesnt play it.

While playing his game on my box, the game would start to not load textures and objects, and then freeze about 15 minutes or so into playing, and I would have to shut the box down and restart it. I figured it was the game disc since I was on a brand new box.

Two days before TLAD came out, I went to the store and bought a new copy of the game. The same freezing thing happened.

On the day that TLAD was released, I installed GTA to the Hard Drive. Since then the game has not frozen on me once. BUT, the textures, and objects, and sometimes sound FX, still have an incredibly hard time loading. It is especially bad when I am driving fast.

I figured that it's my new box that sucks, but this only happens while playing GTA... no other games... I have no idea what to do, and it's making it extremely difficult to play this game...
ViceMan
I've noticed another audio problem with the game on numerous occasions, but never bothered posting about it.

Sometimes, for unknown reasons, you'll get the DJ track from one station playing over the music for another station, I had this the other night during free roam, with the LCHC DJ screaming over Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygène 4 on The Journey, it was quite funny. I've only noticed it happening after listening to that radio station and having your car blown up, I was listening to LCHC when my car was blown up a few minutes before. It also happened a while ago when I was listening to Tuff Gong, and I had the DJ speaking over the LRR tracks, although it resets if you change radio stations.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Feb 25 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1486837[/snapback]
O man... I am having problems with GTA also... but not the same ones.

About a week before TLAD came out, I was playing GTA and got Red Rings. My console wouldn't even turn on after that happened, and when I called M$, they told me that if I push the power button, and it doesn't turn on, then the box isn't covered under the warranty. Then they told me I would have to pay $100 to have it fixed... plus wait a month for it.

I then bought an Arcade 360, and used the hard drive that I already had. Since my GTA game was in the old XBOX (I couldnt get it out because I couldn't turn it on) I borrowed a friends copy of the game because he doesnt play it.

While playing his game on my box, the game would start to not load textures and objects, and then freeze about 15 minutes or so into playing, and I would have to shut the box down and restart it. I figured it was the game disc since I was on a brand new box.

Two days before TLAD came out, I went to the store and bought a new copy of the game. The same freezing thing happened.

On the day that TLAD was released, I installed GTA to the Hard Drive. Since then the game has not frozen on me once. BUT, the textures, and objects, and sometimes sound FX, still have an incredibly hard time loading. It is especially bad when I am driving fast.

I figured that it's my new box that sucks, but this only happens while playing GTA... no other games... I have no idea what to do, and it's making it extremely difficult to play this game...

Mate, im having the same issues as with you. Ive formatted my HDD done everything possible and the same thing is reoccuring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.