Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost and Dammed Fuzz
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
o0 jaky boy 0o
Orite everyone. Just downloaded GTA Lost and Dammed and the screens kinda fuzzy. Its not like that with other games and certainlty not with the normal GTA. Has everyone got a fuzzy screen coz i was wondering wether its because its set slighly different to the Niko story? Anyway could anyone tell me whats going on?

PS. It said in Xbox update that there will be online compitions. How do ya get on them?
FuddMan
The fuzziness is the noise filter effect which was introduced to reinforce the idea that LaD looks at a darker side of Liberty City. You can disable it by going to the pause menu and changing the option under Display.

To enter the competition you download the registration gamerpics and play GTA IV sometime this week - I think there are only 3 days left on the promotion. It's only valid for the United States though, so if you're outside the US, you can download the gamerpics but won't be eligible to win any of the prizes.
o0 jaky boy 0o
Thanks very much now i can play the game without crashing into building but there a first for everything so i don't blame them for trying. Thanks very much again and i do live outside the US so thanks for that too. thumbup.gif
Kuwong
On the discussion of this, did anyone actually leave it on? I found it far too annoying. Mass Effect had a similar film grain effect, which pissed me off majorly. I don't honestly see why the developers do this, it's like washing and polishing your car and then rubbing it with shit.
ThePaleOgre
I didnt know I could turn it off until I just needed the seagulls
It doesnt bother me at all though
FuddMan
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 21 2009, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1485917[/snapback]
On the discussion of this, did anyone actually leave it on? I found it far too annoying. Mass Effect had a similar film grain effect, which pissed me off majorly. I don't honestly see why the developers do this, it's like washing and polishing your car and then rubbing it with shit.

Yeah I left it on, I actually prefer the effect to the seeing just the plain textures, even if it is a little weird. I turned it off in Mass Effect, but that's because the black spots were MASSIVE and generally distracting...
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 22 2009, 12:10 AM) [snapback]1485986[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 21 2009, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1485917[/snapback]

Yeah I left it on, I actually prefer the effect to the seeing just the plain textures, even if it is a little weird. I turned it off in Mass Effect, but that's because the black spots were MASSIVE and generally distracting...

Your exactly the same as me. I like the effect of it in GTA-IV but in Mass Effect i turned it off because it looked shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.