Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alan wake
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
mjw911
i seen some gameplay of alan wake and is looks amazing! when is it going to come out?? there are some video's of alan wake on youtube if you wanna check them out. just type in alan wake gameplay and you'll find something. (the weather effects are crazy good)
TheAnalogKid2112
No.
PabloHoneyOle
Exactly.

When this game goes gold, then you can post about it.
DiO
I hear some good hype around this game. Though I have NO idea what its about of even what kind of game it is.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 20 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1485620[/snapback]
I hear some good hype around this game. Though I have NO idea what its about of even what kind of game it is.

No real information other than the vagueness that's been spread across google/wikipedia users from watching a few short clips of ingame weather footage and a guy stumbling around awkwardly with a flashlight. From what I've heard, the premise is shite, the guys wife goes missing and he goes and looks for her in a scary environment. Let me ruin the ending for you, the whole game is a dream.

Ooh sounds fantastic. Give me a break. There's too many good games out now to worry about one thats taking over three years to develop.

I'm calling this to be one of the greatest flops of 2010.
DiO
ohh...
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 20 2009, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1485651[/snapback]
...ingame weather footage and a guy stumbling around awkwardly with a flashlight. From what I've heard, the premise is shite, the guys wife goes missing and he goes and looks for her in a scary environment....

sounds a lot like silent hill to me...
Indy
Coming out this year I believe. Loads of hype, i've seen nothing but a cutscene from it.
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I exchanged emails with one of the guys in Remedy's technical department about this game a while ago - apparently it's coming, they just announced it waaaay too early so they've given all the fans unreasonable expectations on release dates.
It's certainly one to watch anyway, if only because it's such a great technical achievement.
bOnEs
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

is it just me or do i see some sort of resemblance here? laugh.gif...
DiO
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Feb 21 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1486065[/snapback]
I exchanged emails with one of the guys in Remedy's technical department about this game a while ago - apparently it's coming, they just announced it waaaay too early so they've given all the fans unreasonable expectations on release dates.
It's certainly one to watch anyway, if only because it's such a great technical achievement.

Any idea what the gameplay is like?
mjw911
QUOTE(BAB WALTON @ Feb 23 2009, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1486496[/snapback]
QUOTE(I Made the guy who works at the cemetary In GMod @ Feb 21 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1486065[/snapback]

Any idea what the gameplay is like?

when i watched the gameplay on youtube, the character looks a little like max payne (2) but its an open world with incredible graphics (dirextx 10 needed) and the physics, shadows and weather are top notch) there was a part where a tornado came by and literally took a house right up off the ground and tore it into a billion different pieces (physics came into play on that scene) it just looks like a really fun game.. i just dont know the release date!!
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(mjw911 @ Feb 23 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1486509[/snapback]
when i watched the gameplay on youtube, the character looks a little like max payne (2) but its an open world with incredible graphics (dirextx 10 needed) and the physics, shadows and weather are top notch) there was a part where a tornado came by and literally took a house right up off the ground and tore it into a billion different pieces (physics came into play on that scene) it just looks like a really fun game.. i just dont know the release date!!

Ok, so based on the character model (which does look more like Psy than Max Payne) and the footage from the cutscenes of weather changing quickly? How do you know there's any substance to the game? It's been in development for going on 4 years, yet no one has any REAL information other than comments on the weather and shit.

I've read what's on AlanWake.com; IGN; Wikipedia; I've seen the Youtube videos. No REAL information.
Looks stupid.

There is no release date for a reason. Hype is the only thing this game has at this point in time.

And some pretty cutscene videos (hype).
DiO
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 24 2009, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1486545[/snapback]
QUOTE(mjw911 @ Feb 23 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1486509[/snapback]

Ok, so based on the character model (which does look more like Psy than Max Payne) and the footage from the cutscenes of weather changing quickly? How do you know there's any substance to the game? It's been in development for going on 4 years, yet no one has any REAL information other than comments on the weather and shit.

I've read what's on AlanWake.com; IGN; Wikipedia; I've seen the Youtube videos. No REAL information.
Looks stupid.

There is no release date for a reason. Hype is the only thing this game has at this point in time.

And some pretty cutscene videos (hype).

You really hate this game. Lol.
PabloHoneyOle
I just hate the hype surrounding it.

It's retarded to pine over a game that has no set deadline and has been in development hell for 4 years. In those 4 years, it has been announced at a couple of annual gaming expos; they've shown the same "trailers" of Alan Wake walking around with a flashlight and then a spooky change in clouds in the sky. Each year, the trailers grow longer by a minute. Sure, the graphics look great. There are 100's of next-gen games that have equally impressive graphics.

But really, HOW THE FUCK do you say that you want this game so bad, based on the information (NOT HYPE) that exists?

All I want to know is what is the major draw to this game, other than Remedy is creating it.

In other news, does anyone know when Duke Nukem Forever is coming out? I can't wait for this game!
asthenia
Did someone say Duke Nukem Forever?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.