Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need to be an XBOX live silver member before I can download this?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
Don Leone
As far as I know, I can purchase this DLC by going onto XBOX live (which i've only ever done with the gta 4 one month free gold subscription), before I then sign up for silver membership. Or am I already an automatic silver member by just owning an XBOX 360? What is the truth of the situation?

I can only do this anyway once the internet in my university accommodation recognises my IP address when I try to sign into XBOX live (which it currently doesn't). The internet works by attaching a wire from my computer (a laptop) into a socket in the wall, with no separate router involved. I linked this socket (the internet providing bit) to my XBOX via the same wire, and this is what resulted in my IP address not being found. Any advice as to what the hell I should do here?

If my vague description troubles you, please ask me to explain anything further.

Thanks
PabloHoneyOle
XBOX Live 101:
http://www.xbox.com/NR/exeres/F925FE0C-E31...A604A353BFB.htm

You probably have a silver account.
Full Metal Monkey
By owning an Xbox 360 and it being connected to the internet qualifies you for Silver Membership but i do believe you need an Xbox Live Gold account to be able to download The Lost and Damned.

Im not 100% on that but i read somewhere that you need a Gold account. If im wrong about the Gold membership then the only way i could suggest to you to get TLAD is by visiting a friends house with an Xbox 360 set up online and use your HDD with his 360 to download the game.

Don Leone
I really don't want to pay yearly subscription fees for the sake of downloading one expansion pack. I merely want to play it without any online multiplayer.
FuddMan
You only need a silver account to download it...
Kuwong
I have a silver account and I downloaded it, no problem. Silvers fine Don.
Don Leone
Thanks a lot everybody.

I think the problem regarding IP address is due to me lacking a router. I'll just have to link to the internet by feeding it via my laptop.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Don Leone @ Feb 19 2009, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1485266[/snapback]
Thanks a lot everybody.

I think the problem regarding IP address is due to me lacking a router. I'll just have to link to the internet by feeding it via my laptop.

Surely you can just plug your Xbox straight into the wall and then just enter the correct details for your isp? like username and password etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.