Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what don't youy like about Loast and Damned
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
mjw911
we already know what you guys like about the new DLC, so what don't you like about it?
Massacre
I'd like to say that I don't like how short it is, but hey, it was only twenty bucks. I'd like some clothing options for Johnny, I was hoping I could have him wear his outfit from GTA IV, but no such luck. Other than that, I'm cool with everything.

Also, I don't like that there's only one safehouse in the whole city.
mjw911
the things i dont like are:
1. it seems like jonny can never fall off his bike, no matter how hard he hits a wall
2. no clothing options
3.jonny runs and jumps funny
4. hardly any new cars
5.knocking off 69 bikers is extremely hard
6.you have to load up lost and damned separately from gta 4
7.i had to see that damn penis

but yeah i agree, there are a carp load of awesome stuff in the game that i love and i think it was 20 bucks well spent though
TheAnalogKid2112
The fact that it's Xbox-exclusive.

(how predictable)
FuddMan
5.knocking off 69 bikers is extremely hard

It's easy if you're doing an easy race. I had already done the races but because I was focusing on winning at the time, I only knocked off 30 people. 3 races round the Tudor Docks later I had the achievement. It's so open and there are so many cuts you can easily knock off 15 people in each race.

I was kinda disappointed at the length, would have preferred more Lost missions and less Stubbs' phone missions, but at least there weren't any fillers like there were in GTA IV, and when they said they chucked you in the deep end, they weren't lying.

Johnny's run is crap but I'm on my Hexer most of the time, so I can ignore that. Just a shame it's in multiplayer as well though (speaking of which, why can't I play as a damn zombie?).

Still, well worth the 1600 points. There is still a load of stuff to do once you've completed the missions, and I can spend hours cruising around randomly blowing random shit up.
Ophis-
I'm still not feeling the whole biker gang story line tbh, im not realy keen in riding around in a gang... they just slow me down.
ThePaleOgre
Johnny's run speed is feels really slow
If he was just a little faster I wouldnt mind it so much
Kuwong
The storyline seems confused. At times it seems to contradict the GTAIV story. But then again, it could be I just don't remember that story so well. The story it's trying to tell its self is pretty damn predictable too. Not the best DLC I'd hope for. Also Johny can't whistle for a taxi. No idea why not.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 19 2009, 01:51 PM) [snapback]1485191[/snapback]
Also Johny can't whistle for a taxi. No idea why not.

Yes he can huh.gif
Full Metal Monkey
The thing i don't like about Lost and Damned is that is that the stuff isn't intergrated with GTA4.

What i mean by that is you cannot use the, for example, the grenade launcher in Niko's story or any of the new vehicles. Doesn't bother me too much but would be nice to wreck havok as Niko with a Grenade Launcher.
Kuwong
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 19 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1485205[/snapback]

Yes he can huh.gif

Can he? I kept trying it so many times and he made zero noise. Hmm, odd.
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 19 2009, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1485215[/snapback]
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 19 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1485205[/snapback]

Yes he can huh.gif

Can he? I kept trying it so many times and he made zero noise. Hmm, odd.

Yeah, he can. Used it just a second ago to get to one of the missions.

You are holding down LB right when you see a cab and then holding Y to get into it?
Kuwong
....Would you believe I was holding down y, thinking that was to whistle? Been a while since I played GTA IV and the manual didn't mention it anywhere. Thanks. smile.gif
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 19 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1485228[/snapback]
....Would you believe I was holding down y, thinking that was to whistle? Been a while since I played GTA IV and the manual didn't mention it anywhere. Thanks. smile.gif

noob! tongue.gif
mjw911
i thought i was going to ba able to use the new weapons and vehicles in Niko's game. it sucks they are different games sad.gif
satchboogie
I think its great DLC, but there are plenty of problems. The biggest, #1 problem is free mode. There is absolutely NO reason why the Annihilator and new bikes aren't there. Another problem was the fact that the Tow truck doesn't actually tow. Whats the point of putting in a vehicle when you can't use it for it's sole purpose.

There are some other small complaints I have. For one, I think that we should have a little more to show for beating the story missions. 1 shoddy safe house, really? I understand that the $2 million we stole from the diamond deal got lost (when Niko chased down and killed Jim), but we really don't have anything at all after we beat it. The gang is done, our clubhouse is gone, etc.

I like the new activities, but I think they needed to have been tweaked. Arm wrestling is WAY to hard, I shouldn't have to get tendonitis just to win one match... I think they should have gone with Stud for the card game. I understand that they were trying to emphasis the fact that these guys were idiots, but H/L guessing game? Really? That's what tough bikers bet on? The air hockey game was fun, but the controls feel way to unnatural and jerky, it could have used some fine tuning. I think they could have used some more macho type activities, maybe a fight club or random rampage type of thing.

We all know that Luis is going to be the character for the next DLC, I'm just hoping he ends up rich in the end. I'd like to see R* give us a grand ending. I want to see a little more San Andreas style mayhem and freedom, more interiors/safehouses, and stuff. Maybe open up some of Coney Island when we beat it or put in some rampages or better activities (a bmx bike or skate board for the skate park on the docks, open the driving range, etc). And they NEED to open up ALL the activities/etc for freemode. I also wouldn't mind them throwing in some funny vehicle similar to the combine from San Andreas (perhaps make the trashmaster usable so we can throw people in and watch them get crushed).
TwoFacedTanner
I was under the impression that I could watch the new in game TV.
I didnt bother, then beat the story. And the only house you have at the end doesnt have a fuckin TV. What the hell?
satchboogie
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Feb 20 2009, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1485452[/snapback]
I was under the impression that I could watch the new in game TV.
I didnt bother, then beat the story. And the only house you have at the end doesnt have a fuckin TV. What the hell?

Here's a hint: You can access the Lost and Damned club house via a fire escape to the 3rd floor. Not sure if the TV works though.
Ophis-
QUOTE(satchboogie @ Feb 20 2009, 02:56 AM) [snapback]1485443[/snapback]
I think its great DLC, but there are plenty of problems. . . .

MATE! use spoiler tags!!! tut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.