Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Issues with MultiPlayer?!?!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
Crippin211
After i went home last night i went to get down on some GTA4 TLAD, figured i would start with a few missions since i am a lil rusty since i been playing COD5 so much.... anyways after a few missions i decide to go check out one of these badass new multiplayer modes i was unable to find anyone in any mode i tried..... Not racing, not chopper vs chopper, not lone wolf, Nada! i was wondering if anyone else is having issues with it or if anyone has tried and played the Multi player successfully and if so what is the best mode?
FuddMan
I was having problems too. It would find a game, and I would start to hear voices coming through, and then I got a 'disconnected from game session' message and was booted back to singleplayer. I eventually managed to join a couple of games, but they only had a couple of people in - I couldn't get into any populated games.

Must be all the silver members making the most of their free Live.
Crippin211
yea, i kno what ya mean man. maybe everyone is on the reg GTA4 for the free online and no one bought the lost and the damned.... ohhh well imma hit up the missions again once i get off of work again maybe keep tryin some more multi everyonce in awhile....... I just wish it didnt take so long to load between Multi and Story when the multi fails, takes me freakin 30 min to just hear voices then get disconnected! Damn congested network!
Roman
QUOTE(Crippin211 @ Feb 18 2009, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1484980[/snapback]
yea, i kno what ya mean man. maybe everyone is on the reg GTA4 for the free online and no one bought the lost and the damned.... ohhh well imma hit up the missions again once i get off of work again maybe keep tryin some more multi everyonce in awhile....... I just wish it didnt take so long to load between Multi and Story when the multi fails, takes me freakin 30 min to just hear voices then get disconnected! Damn congested network!

Shitty Rockstar servers... no other game does this... Halo and Call of Duty are the most popular games on Live and their match making works fine.
ConQueSteD
I haven't had a single problem with the Online..
Have you check your NAT as that could cause a problem with finding games.
FuddMan
QUOTE(Roman @ Feb 18 2009, 10:16 PM) [snapback]1484989[/snapback]

Shitty Rockstar servers... no other game does this... Halo and Call of Duty are the most popular games on Live and their match making works fine.

No other game has silver members playing on it for free this week.
Ophis-
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 18 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1484957[/snapback]
I was having problems too. It would find a game, and I would start to hear voices coming through, and then I got a 'disconnected from game session' message and was booted back to singleplayer. I eventually managed to join a couple of games, but they only had a couple of people in - I couldn't get into any populated games.

Must be all the silver members making the most of their free Live.

I get alot of problems trying to connect to free roam games (as they are usally already in session) but other games are not so bad when they are just joining lobby first.

I am adicted to Chopper vs Chopper right now anyway so its easy to find a game seen as though your only connecting to one other person.
Crippin211
QUOTE(I2un N Gun @ Feb 19 2009, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1485151[/snapback]
I haven't had a single problem with the Online..
Have you check your NAT as that could cause a problem with finding games.

how would i fix my NAT if that was the Issue?
Full Metal Monkey
yea, i kno what ya mean man. maybe everyone is on the reg GTA4 for the free online and no one bought the lost and the damned...

To be honest im suprise with how little the amount of people on my friends list are playing. With the exception of Psy and Duffman its only about 4 or 5 other friends. And i have 83 active online friends and near enough all of them own GTA4.

As for issues with multiplayer, ive not had any. What time are you guys playing and if your all from the UK maybe your bandwidth is slowing because of high demand on your ISP at that certain time. (Which is why i do all my downloading at around now).

Oh and Crippin211 i think in the Xbox Network settings you can change your NAT. Can't be sure as im little worse for wear and can't remember off the top of my head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.