Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA$ lost and damned not out on PS3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
bennyhilly
i think if they bring it out they should at least bring it out on both consoles
PabloHoneyOle
Hey, you know what? This guy is right!
Where does Microsoft come off pulling hijinx like this? I mean, it's totally not fair! Those jerky jerks.

Hey kid. Shut the fuck up. Do you know what a contract is? Has your head been up your asshole for the past year and a half? Read any forum related to the DLC and you'll see a post about how Microsoft has EXCLUSIVE rights to the DLC. That means no matter how many dumbfuck posts you make whining and bitching, R* doesn't give a fucking shit.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, but really. Google "GTA4 DLC" and read before you post here again.
Pieface
If you're going to make a "debate" per say, at least do some research..
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 18 2009, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1484948[/snapback]
If you're going to make a "debate" per say, at least do some research..

TheAnalogKid2112
Nevertheless, I'm still sad.
HongKongPhooey
yea its bullshit i have been playing gta's on playstations longer then xboxes have been out, along time ago wtf
Qdeathstar
this topic is flamerific.... Stoic, Pieface.... you guys are extremely arrogant.

Theres a difference between they "should" and they "will". Rockstar SHOULD bring it out on both consols but they "WON'T" because MS bought them off and they have no more class than any other publisher.
HongKongPhooey
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 19 2009, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1485189[/snapback]
this topic is flamerific.... Stoic, Pieface.... you guys are extremely arrogant.

Theres a difference between they "should" and they "will". Rockstar SHOULD bring it out on both consols but they "WON'T" because MS bought them off and they have no more class than any other publisher.

lol hes right you guys give a nice welcome to this forum. pieface should know better being a mod and all
AlecPusay119
I love how Microsoft "has no class", but Sony did this with the GTAIII series and never said a damn thing until their contract was up. At least Microsoft had the good sense to tell everyone that they were getting exclusive DLC a year before GTA IV's first trailer even came out...
Pieface
Rockstar shouldn't do anything. All companies are enticed by money, and Microsoft gave them the money they wanted. Sony didn't want to give them $50 Million therefore why should they get it? A company won't do anything "just for the fans" when there's $50 Million on the table.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Feb 19 2009, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1485190[/snapback]
lol hes right you guys give a nice welcome to this forum.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum.

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 19 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1485189[/snapback]

Nailed it.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1485202[/snapback]
Rockstar shouldn't do anything. All companies are enticed by money, and Microsoft gave them the money they wanted. Sony didn't want to give them $50 Million therefore why should they get it? A company won't do anything "just for the fans" when there's $50 Million on the table.

Sony didnt want to pay 50mil because they wanted to prove their console was good enough to get the sales without a top shelf game to do it for them. And with all fairness, i bet you Sony will be kicking themselfs now. Anyway, xbox paid for DLC right? whoes to say R* don't bring out TL&D on disk for PS3 after a year?

also, to add to the other points brought up... Pieface, you realy should know better and set more of an example, what are you, 12?
Pieface
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Feb 19 2009, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1485239[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 19 2009, 02:08 PM) [snapback]1485202[/snapback]

Sony didnt want to pay 50mil because they wanted to prove their console was good enough to get the sales without a top shelf game to do it for them. And with all fairness, i bet you Sony will be kicking themselfs now. Anyway, xbox paid for DLC right? whoes to say R* don't bring out TL&D on disk for PS3 after a year?

also, to add to the other points brought up... Pieface, you realy should know better and set more of an example, what are you, 12?

12? For telling someone to do their research. We need this topic to have a point, not another "Why is it not out on the PS3 sad.gif" topic again.
ViceMan
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Feb 19 2009, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1485239[/snapback]
Who's to say R* don't bring out TL&D on disk for PS3 after a year?

Exactly what I think, GTA III and VC came to the X-Box eventually and they were supposedly PS2 exclusives, I predict the same for the DLC. Anyway I thought M$ only had exclusivity rights to the first two DLC packs, after that there'll probably be a bidding war between SonĄ and M$ for the next set of "exclusivity".
Pieface
3 and VC were never PS2 exclusives... The Xbox just wasn't out when they came out, and no other console could handle them.

Think, Sony have had their Chapters if you want with LCS and VCS.
Mekstizzle
Microsoft have realised that the way to "get ahead" is to simply use what they have always had more of than Sony, and that's shitloads of Cash and Bill Gates. No point complaining in something which just can't be changed in any single way whatsoever. That's life, more money means more power.

If you had some sort of idea that Rockstar are some sort of humanitarian games developer that would forgo a 50 million dollar contract just so that they could release it on the PS3, well get a reality check

I'm guessing, however, that they did probably do some research and found out that this 50 million dollar contract was much more profitable than releasing on both consoles, so there you have it. They're a business first, and a games developer second. Infact, everything is like that. From massive car companies (even the ones that make you think otherwise, like Honda with their adverts) to family owned stores. Most of you know this anyway, just pointing it out as to how it is
PabloHoneyOle
Hey guys, great news! DLC is coming to PS3. I read it on gta4.tv's forums, so it must be true!
All the PS3 owners are SURE that Microsoft's contract is fake! We don't need an official announcement! Please continue speculating based on completely unrelated incidents you know nothing about!
OptimumPx
.....why isn't this flamefest in waiting locked yet?

No...really. This isn't going anywhere expect right down the console wars bit. sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.