Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All versions of the game are now censored
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
Kuwong
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/02/los...hip-2.html#more
It seems after the updated patch, they have now removed blood pools from dead corpses, and mutli angles for prostitute encounters. But this is only for GTAIV. The Lost and Damned is said to still have these effects in use. I'm guessing Lost and Damned still having them is an oversight though. Which begs the question. Why remove blood and gore, but add a fucking sausage penis?
Ophis-
Are they?! Surely they are legally obliged to release a statement explaining that the product i have bought with my own money, and now own, is going to change?!
Psy
That's only for the crazy Aussies...
Harrop
QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 18 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1484882[/snapback]
That's only for the crazy Aussies...

No it's not because since I downloaded the LaD, both that and the original game are censored, no blood puddles and no multi angle prostitute shagging, surely they can't do that, I read on another forum though that the Australian versions are now uncensored after the update, so I haven't got a fucking clue what's going on?!
TheAnalogKid2112
They probably meant to only release the update to Australian servers, but accidentally gave the update to the world?
Harrop
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 18 2009, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1484867[/snapback]
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/02/los...hip-2.html#more
It seems after the updated patch, they have now removed blood pools from dead corpses, and mutli angles for prostitute encounters. But this is only for GTAIV. The Lost and Damned is said to still have these effects in use. I'm guessing Lost and Damned still having them is an oversight though. Which begs the question. Why remove blood and gore, but add a fucking sausage penis?

It doesn't actually say that does it, it says that after downloading the LaD in Australia they have not got an uncensored game, but since we updated we have got a censored game, that doesn't make any fucking sense at all, it should be the other way around, they should get the shiity censored update and we should get the uncensored, someone needs to look into this and see what's going on.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 19 2009, 12:03 AM) [snapback]1485034[/snapback]
They probably meant to only release the update to Australian servers, but accidentally gave the update to the world?

I think they got our update and we got there's, seriously, fuck know's how they would do something as stupid as that though???
Kuwong
sucks balls pretty much I notice you can even pick the pleasure any more, as it were. It's just a $70 ride to stare at your license plate.
Don Leone
Why is the Australian censorship board so damned twee?
Handsome B Wonderful
ROFLcakes

Sucked in, rest of the world. That'll teach you for making fun of our shithouse censorship. laugh.gif

Btw, the Australian censorship board is not to blame for the censorship issue (for once). As most people know, Rockstar submitted a censored console version of GTAIV to our board, not the uncut version everyone else got. Probably to save money if the game was banned and they needed to change the game for resubmission. Anyway, when Rockstar submitted the uncut PC version late last year, the board did not find the game objectionable, and let it pass. That's right, Australian console owners are stuck with a censored version of GTAIV for no bloody reason!

So if anyone is to blame for the game being censored to hell, it's Rockstar. We Aussies may have stolen your oscars, won your ashes, and abducted your Leo Sayer, but we didn't censor your GTAIV.
OptimumPx
I don't know....my copy is still fine. Blood pools and everything are fine in both the LaD and the normal GTA IV.

Must only be in Europe and Australia?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Feb 19 2009, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1485415[/snapback]
I don't know....my copy is still fine. Blood pools and everything are fine in both the LaD and the normal GTA IV.

Must only be in Europe and Australia?

Go America!

FuddMan
Yeah, apparently it's only UK and European versions that are affected.
Psy
I'll be emailing Rockstar when I finish work, so I'll try to find out what the fuck they're playing at.
FuddMan
No need, I just loaded up my game and got an update. Looks like it's been fixed.
Ophis-
I'd still like to know what happened tbh. Was it a bug? was it the wrong button hit like someone said above? Grill them psy!
Kuwong
So we can now go sleep with prostitutes and watch their blood pool out again? Great!
Harrop
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 20 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1485531[/snapback]
No need, I just loaded up my game and got an update. Looks like it's been fixed.

What, so after the update is there blood puddles and proper prostitute shagging in the actual game and LaD?

I'm going on now and see if mine has changed after the update, I'll let you all know in a min.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Harrop @ Feb 20 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1485672[/snapback]

What, so after the update is there blood puddles and proper prostitute shagging in the actual game and LaD?

I'm going on now and see if mine has changed after the update, I'll let you all know in a min.

Please hurry Harrop!

The whole site is in suspense as to whether or not you can still try and beat off to the in-car sex scenes.
Harrop
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 20 2009, 09:23 PM) [snapback]1485674[/snapback]
QUOTE(Harrop @ Feb 20 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1485672[/snapback]

Please hurry Harrop!

The whole site is in suspense as to whether or not you can still try and beat off to the in-car sex scenes.

First of all, you're a cunt, so get fucked! And another thing, I'm not arsed about the prostitues, it was the violence and blood bit that pissed me off, so please Stoic, go fuck off and die somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is now working properly again, well it is on LaD, I haven't checked GTA IV because I can't be arsed and I don't play that anymore anyway so it doesn't really matter.
asthenia
Yeah Stoic you cunty fuck bucket go and die alone in a bin with your face in your arse!!!!! :'(

Why didn't anyone tell me Harrop was back?

lulz @ Rockstars fuck up btw. "$70 ride to stare at the back of your car"...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.