Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let me see if I've got this straight
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
Kuwong
So I'm hearing there are new in game cars to be used, but they can only be used in the Lost and Damned, not in the Original Niko game. But the Lost and Damned contains everything that was in the Niko version, plus new content. So first off, why not make them universal? This just means whenever I fancy mucking about I'l go play the Lost and Damned with Johny whatsit, since it has all the extra content. Seems pretty stupid. Unless of course, I've heard wrong.
PabloHoneyOle
There are many differences between the two "universes" (Niko's vs. Johnny's) of Liberty City. The two character's storylines intersect numerous times (in the 5 hours I played last night); I encountered Niko [spoiler]briefly at the beginning; passing him on the street during the intro; at Elizabeta's house party; then at the drug bust gone bad;[/spoiler] and heard about his actions [spoiler]when he kills Jason for dating Faustin's daughter in Hove Beach [/spoiler]. The point is, Niko and Johnny are in the same city at the same time, but as you play each version of the game, it is obvious they are two different versions of the city.

Johnny's Liberty City is LITTERED with motorcycles. 60% of the cars on the road in Alderney have been replaced by motorcycles. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It's understood, I'd rather have Johnny riding a motorcycle than in a Sultan RS. Speaking of, alot of the high performance cars are missing off the road, even in Algonquin where they spawn continuously for Niko.

I spent the majority of last night roaming the city, checking to see which interiors I could explore. Most of the ones from GTA4 are accessible; the lawyer's office; the hotel (bottom floor); the hideaway sex shop in Star Junction; all the restaurants and the car dealership in Algonquin. I've yet to check the Museum, the Majestic's penthouse, Grand Central, the Statue of Freedom and the clothes shops. I'm sure there are some other buildings that have opened up to explore, I just haven't progressed far enough in the storyline. The few that I have encountered [spoiler]the crackhead's apartment; the Lost Hangout; the A.O.D. hangout[/spoiler] have all been pretty awesome. I'll have to load up GTA4 and see what those places were like before they got the DLC treatment.

The differences in the two versions of the city can be boiled down to a sense of perspective. Johnny and Niko have very different lives, skills and experiences; which all lead to a different perspective of Liberty City and things they can/would do in that city.
Kuwong
So you mean to say the also improved bike physics only apply to the lost and damned gameplay?
Pieface
I think the Bike physics are more to do with whos driving aswell. Johnny's life is spent on bikes, so obviously he will be a much better rider than Niko was.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 18 2009, 10:12 AM) [snapback]1484856[/snapback]
I think the Bike physics are more to do with whos driving aswell. Johnny's life is spent on bikes, so obviously he will be a much better rider than Niko was.

Makes plenty of sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.