Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: game changed my graphics settings.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
jzwief
So i just bought this game and i put the settings on all medium and 1280 by 950 and played it perfectly. the game said my card couldnt handle it but i put it on that anyways and it was fine. i log on this morning to play and find my settings totally different and when i try to change it back i cant. whats going on. i have a geforce 8600 gts factory overclocked card with 2 gigs of ram and a duo core processor. i also got the game off of steam. if that helps at all. i just want it to stick on the settings i put it on and not change. biggrin.gif if i need to go into the files and change some stuff could somebody give me instructions im sick of having it changing to low when it was fine on medium with a decent resolution.
HEAT84
You have to delete the file where the settings are saved.
C:\Documents and Settings\<WINDOWS USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings\SETTINGS.CFG

If you're using Vista its: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Then open the game and set everything and it will be saved. Yet another GTAIV bug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.