Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get Lost... And Damned!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Pages: 1, 2
Psy
Grand Theft Auto IV's first downloadable content has just been released. Contrary to earlier reports, the download weighs in at 1.78 GB so you'll have awhile until it downloads unless you're on a super fast internet connection.

Stay tuned to GTA4.TV once you've got it as we'll have plenty of guides and screenshots on here to assist you with any of the objectives you might be stuck on.

Jump onto the forums too where you can arrange biker races and general multiplayer fun with fellow members.

Enjoy!

In other news, happy birthday to GTA-SanAndreas.com which was originally started on this very day 6 years ago! Unbelievable.
OptimumPx
I knew it! You were waiting up for this!

Then again...so was I.

*downloads*
Seeen
ME. HATE. EXCLUSIVE.
Pieface
I'm going to have to pay for 1600 Points. Also gonna have to get used to GTA4 again.
FuddMan
Just got home from work and it's on 4%, so I shouldn't have to wait to long... hopefully dry.gif Can't wait for this to finish, should be the best 1600 points I've spent.
Indy
So what are the new multiplayer modes?
Pieface
Read Psy's new blog wink.gif
Massacre
Ugh... 4%... And no one's online. How am I going to kill the next hour and a half?

*Googles "Vagina"*
Pieface
Mines at 20% in about 5 minutes
Massacre
I've had it downloading for 30 mintues, and I'm finally at 6%
Pieface
I'm at 40% tongue.gif
Massacre
Don't taunt me, Pie man... I will swim across the ocean and find you...

Edti: 7%. I seem to be getting another 1% every ten minutes. My internet connection is shit. Fuck Verizon.
Pieface
I've been hearing good things about the download speeds from various places, not heard any this bad though =/

I am at 80% now so swim swim swim. I will tell you what its like before you get it tommorow.
Massacre
9%, I seem to be speeding up a little. Maybe my connection is lazy like me and wants to drag out the first 10% or so.
Pieface
Lol, Mines just downloaded. Time to get used to the controls again.. Tried yesterday and it was hard after such a long time away.
Massacre
10%. Have fun, jackass...
PabloHoneyOle
I didn't download this morning; it's going to be a long afternoon...
Massacre
You won't be alone, I might be at 50% by then...
Ophis-
QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 17 2009, 08:33 AM) [snapback]1484526[/snapback]
In other news, happy birthday to GTA-SanAndreas.com which was originally started on this very day 6 years ago! Unbelievable.

Psy! come on now, you should at least tidy up that first paragraph to be up to date and show some repect for the OAP website!

QUOTE(GTA-SanAndreas.com @ a time only god knows how long ago)
This site is here to provide up to date information on the newest Grand Theft Auto game, San Andreas.

Is it bad of me saying im looking forward more to this "suprise" that Psy and the other webmasters have for us next week more then getting the new content later when i get home??!!
DiO
FUCK!!

I wonder how many 360s are going to get the RRoD being left on so long while it downloads.
TwoFacedTanner
I fell asleep downloading it last night x_x

Im about to play now!
Massacre
My 360 is crying right now. I just want the dowload to finish! Fuck, I feel like a PS3 onwer!
Kuwong
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 17 2009, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1484587[/snapback]
FUCK!!

I wonder how many 360s are going to get the RRoD being left on so long while it downloads.

Cheap shot only because PS3'ers can't play it. Ever. Isn't your PS3 broken anyway?
DiO
QUOTE(Kuwong @ Feb 17 2009, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1484597[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 17 2009, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1484587[/snapback]
FUCK!!

Cheap shot only because PS3'ers can't play it. Ever. Isn't your PS3 broken anyway?

It was an honest though taken out of context. It would be very unfortunate if it were to happen but it is likely. And yes my PS3 is broken. The only thing stopping me from seeing if I can fix it is one little fucking stripped screw. Now isn't that a bitch?
Mekstizzle
It'll come on the PS3 eventually......maybe........well I got other games to keep me busy anyway angry.gif
Massacre
65%... Fuck Verizon...

This wll be my sig until I've finished downloading The Lost and Damned.
PabloHoneyOle
Damn, glad I have Brighthouse.
Massacre
How much is that a month? I'm trying to figure out my tv and internet and whatnot before I move.

71%
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 17 2009, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1484634[/snapback]
How much is that a month? I'm trying to figure out my tv and internet and whatnot before I move.

71%

Our TV and internet package runs $70 before HBO and on-demand services.
Massacre
Nice. I'll have to look into that.

74%
TwoFacedTanner
Breaking news.

Politics is the most god damn frustrating mission I've ever done.
Samurai_tbag
So far so bloody good.
Shame they didn't put a Chainsaw in though. It would've fit the Lost theme.
DiO
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Feb 17 2009, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1484625[/snapback]
It'll come on the PS3 eventually......maybe........

I don't think so.
RomanBellic
I'm glad i don't have to download this cause i'm hoping my brother in law will let me play this on his 360 after he is done biggrin.gif
angeal18
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 17 2009, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1484632[/snapback]
Damn, glad I have Brighthouse.

So do I! Weird....
Mike O
i already got it i downloaded it b4 i went to skool n now im playing it ha!
Massacre
Yeah? Fuck you! I'll apologize later. Maybe.

96%
Pieface
Still? I've downloaded it, done a few missions, gone to work, come back done a few more and done a few races.
Massacre
Ten and a half hours. I'm just waiting for the 360 to explode and complete my dayfuckery.
Mike O
Dude theres a mission n they show this tom stubbs guy dick it was fucking gross! ohmy.gif
Massacre
It's done!
It took 11 and a half hours, but I finally have it downloaded! Woooooooo!!!
Psy
Christ you guys internet is slow. It downloaded for me in 15 minutes...
Roman
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 18 2009, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1484728[/snapback]
It's done!

Holy crap boss, you have dialup?
DiO
QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 17 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1484738[/snapback]
Christ you guys internet is slow. It downloaded for me in 15 minutes...and I have a bigger penis.

Massacre
QUOTE(Roman @ Feb 17 2009, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1484746[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 18 2009, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1484728[/snapback]
It's done!

Holy crap boss, you have dialup?

Can't get Live with dialup, brother (and yes, after playing Lost and Damned, I will be calling people "brother" a lot). I guess mobile broadband isn't a fast as hardline broadband.
1UP
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 17 2009, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1484662[/snapback]

I don't think so.

Fuck PS3, It needs to come out on PC (true GTA gaming). =)

I am guessing there will be news on how much this DLC sells lots.
Darth Sexy
Just to piss off all the PC/PS3 owners, I'm not going to download this for quite a while (if ever).
Kuwong
Ahem. To remind people, Xbox 360 is Microsoft. Microsoft also make PCs. It would appear pretty damn obvious that the PC version will get the DLC, albeit at a later date.
Ophis-
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 18 2009, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1484710[/snapback]
Still? I've downloaded it, done a few missions, gone to work, come back done a few more and done a few races.

Yea, mine took about 30mins. Played first two mission... don't realy dig this storyline but i was in a bad mood at the time so i will give it another shot tonight...

Started to play Chopper vs Chopper and ive never shit myself and laughed so hard at once before... Greaaaaaat multiplayer game!
mobe
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 17 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1484662[/snapback]

I don't think so.

It wouldn't surprise me if it does eventually. I bet its in the small print of the contract that its a timed exclusive. It might not be 6 months but give it a year or so and it'll be out on the PS3. R* aren't dumb they know in the long run they could make more than 50 million dollars having both DLC packs multi platfrom.

I do think it was a mistake R* splitting their fan base up like that knowing fine well for a lot of GTA fans the Playstation was seen as the natural home of GTA but I guess GTAIV cost a bomb to produce on platforms with not a huge user base and they needed to make their money back somehow. I doubt very much you'll see DLC exclusivity on future GTA's.

And I wouldn't believe anything R* say about it either. They said the PSP versions of LC Stories and VC Stories would never be on the PS2 and faster than you could sneeze they were both on the PS2.

Oh and for the record I have both consoles and I'm enjoying L+D as we speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.